• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I just brought the mail in. I found in it a letter from the MSP. It was dated June 13. According to Title 5-306 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, I have been Disapprovedin my request for a handgun permit. I am one of the "365" that applied post decision, pre stay. My letter requesting G&S was dated May 10. My G&S letter to them was sent June 5. I now have ten days to request an informal review of my application. If I do not want an informal review, I may appeal the Superintendent's decision directly to the Handgun Permit Review Board within the same ten days. I have not decided which of these two routes I will take. I was hoping that this process would take longer, but here we are.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    I sent mine the same day so i am sure it will be waiting for me when I get home. I am interested as well in whether this is an incremental process or you have to select one or the other.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Got mine just now. The form at the bottom of my ltr doesn't give me a choice btwn IR and/or going directly to the board - just says IR. Going for it, then will keep rescheduling to keep the app alive.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Got mine just now. The form at the bottom of my ltr doesn't give me a choice btwn IR and/or going directly to the board - just says IR. Going for it, then will keep rescheduling to keep the app alive.

What I got from my letter is that if you want to go direct to the board you submit in writing to an address provided. I want to know if I can go informal first and then go to the board or if by going informal, I am giving up my right to go to the board. I may call on Monday to get that question answered if no one here knows the answer. I really want to slow this process down. I wish they had a 80 to 100 day backlog here.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I got my disapproval letter today as well. I thought I'd written a decent "good and substantial" case but clearly not good enough. I'm going to send in for review.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom