• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    Just opened my mail and I have good news and bad news. The good news is I got the letter approving me to be a designated collector. The bad news is my carry permit was disapproved. I will do what it takes to delay so long as I do not forfeit the right for formal review. If it is one or the other then i will go to the big one. If anyone finds the answer please post it here for the rest of us people who the state believes are not worthy of protection.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    My wife received a disapproved letter today and I received a letter requesting my business license and a letter from our bank.

I will be able to provide our company docs we haven't actually set up a bank account account since we are funding our work personally until we get some sales. I'm not sure what they will do with this but I plan to appeal as many times as possible if denied.

Attachments

• MSP_Letter.jpg
      MSP_Letter.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 503

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Sorry to be a bit negative but, what's the point guys? We live in a state where the politicians want to deny our basic constitutional rights. They want it to be a microcosm of NYC or other PC places in Amerika. Time to move on or move out of MD where you can exercise your rights. Until any paradigm shift or revolution, it's a lost cause. You are dealing idiots. Unless you can get the idiots out of office, you are beating your head on the wall.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This is about a carry permit not a gun purchase?? Scarey if they start to disapprove us for a new purchase

Just wait till 10/1

Sorry to be a bit negative but, what's the point guys? We live in a state where the politicians want to deny our basic constitutional rights. They want it to be a microcosm of NYC or other PC places in Amerika. Time to move on or move out of MD where you can exercise your rights. Until any paradigm shift or revolution, it's a lost cause. You are dealing idiots. Unless you can get the idiots out of office, you are beating your head on the wall.

At the time we filed for handgun permits, there was no law. Judge Legg had struck down the good and substantial clause.

The 4th CA put it back in, and the MSP is not waiting for the appeal to the SCOTUS.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well my letter was here when I got home, but the good news is I have until July 12th to provide additional information from my employer for reason for G&S. There's no way I'll be able to provide them with what they need in the way of paperwork, but at least I can delay until damn near mid July.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Well my letter was here when I got home, but the good news is I have until July 12th to provide additional information from my employer for reason for G&S. There's no way I'll be able to provide them with what they need in the way of paperwork, but at least I can delay until damn near mid July.

That's the spirit

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    What did you give them for G&S?

Here is a portion of my G&S letter:

I work as a Class A CDL driver. I have my hazardous materials endorsement and therefore am background checked. I rarely haul a load that is not hazardous. In addition to my primary employer, I do side work hauling hazardous loads, often into less than ideal conditions. I often pick up payment from customers by cash and check. With the current economy, the hijacking of trucks is not unheard of. I primarily work nights.

I have also had an attempted break in at my residence which was reported to the City Police. I felt vulnerable walking into my home, unarmed, not knowing if there was someone possibly armed in my house. My vehicles have also been vandalized numerous times, which was also reported to the City Police. The break in attempt and acts of vandalism make me feel like somewhat of a target.

I am an Allegany County resident. I have lived in Allegany County for the last 44 years. I am a member of the ******** Rifle and Pistol Club and the **********Shooting Club. I am a current Virginia CCW holder. This entitles me to carry a concealed firearm in twenty seven states. I wish to be able to carry in my home state. I am an FFL Curio and Relic license holder. I am also a Maryland Designated Collector. Because of my shooting and collecting activities, I am often traveling with many thousands of dollars in cash to purchase weapons for my collection. When going to and from the firing range, I take many weapons from my collection. I am often traveling to the range with thousands of dollars worth of weapons, ammunition, and equipment.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    I got my disapproval letter, dated June 13th, in the mail today. It may have been delivered yesterday since I forgot to check the mail last night. I am wondering if they are even reading what we send in. Looks like they had them all typed up and ready to go to me.

I too would like to know which route to take. I would like to request the informal review first, if I can still appeal.

I knew we were going to get them, but it still sucks to see it in black and white. I am taking this to the bitter end! I want the state to work denying me for the money I donated!

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Here is a portion of my G&S letter:

I work as a Class A CDL driver. I have my hazardous materials endorsement and therefore am background checked. I rarely haul a load that is not hazardous. In addition to my primary employer, I do side work hauling hazardous loads, often into less than ideal conditions. I often pick up payment from customers by cash and check. With the current economy, the hijacking of trucks is not unheard of. I primarily work nights.

I have also had an attempted break in at my residence which was reported to the City Police. I felt vulnerable walking into my home, unarmed, not knowing if there was someone possibly armed in my house. My vehicles have also been vandalized numerous times, which was also reported to the City Police. The break in attempt and acts of vandalism make me feel like somewhat of a target.

I am an Allegany County resident. I have lived in Allegany County for the last 44 years. I am a member of the ******** Rifle and Pistol Club and the **********Shooting Club. I am a current Virginia CCW holder. This entitles me to carry a concealed firearm in twenty seven states. I wish to be able to carry in my home state. I am an FFL Curio and Relic license holder. I am also a Maryland Designated Collector. Because of my shooting and collecting activities, I am often traveling with many thousands of dollars in cash to purchase weapons for my collection. When going to and from the firing range, I take many weapons from my collection. I am often traveling to the range with thousands of dollars worth of weapons, ammunition, and equipment.

IMHO, you are considering too much in your 'defense'. Perhaps stick to one particular thing and run with that?

Well said. The politicians and MSP in this state get a woody when we pretty much beg for a CCW permit to protect ourselves from harm and then they have the power to deny us what is our constitutional right. I really don't see this changing anytime soon, but we shouldn't have to beg to protect ourselves especially in a state where we're being taxed to death.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Many of us on this site decided to apply with the knowledge that this occurrence was likely at any step in the process. Many of us did it to prove a point: that our rights are being systematically and maliciously demolished by the MSP and their overlords, in addition to the opinion that we felt MSP is not being entirely truthful in their handling of the permit application numbers.

We were surprised when MSP did nothing to our applications once the initial stay was enacted and surprised again when the CA4 stay was enacted. This latest issue seems to be short-sighted from this layman's chair, based on comments on these boards from some of our legal eagles and MSP's prior reactions. While the mandate has been issued by CA4, Gura has made public mention of the intent to file for cert, and the window for said action has not yet passed. This seems to be an effort to clear the decks while they can get away with it, in order to make us reapply under tighter screws once SB281 goes into effect.

I plan on petitioning the HPRB for my application, in order to keep it alive.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Denial dated 6/7 arrived this afternoon. I'm leaning toward requesting both the informal and HPRB reviews; only thing that might gum up the works is our two week get-a-way scheduled to start on 7/8.

Knowing the outcome makes this no less painful. It's one thing to say there's no sense applying because the common folk don't count. It's quite another to do so and see the word "disapproved" in bold text.

On a brighter note, ME has my renewal application. Though it's taking the state about five months to work the inordinate number of them, a spokesperson told me the other day not to worry if my current permit expires in the meantime - it is still good to go.

And, I sent my NH renewal application just prior to receiving the denial.

The first question on the form reads: "Have you ever had a license to carry denied in this or any other state?" How's that for timing?

The cost of maintaining seven permits is a little costly; too bad MD doesn't recognize the amount of $ being lost for absolutely no good reason.

Keep up the fight!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom