• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    Very true. I've been to France...and there's France - and Paris. Totally different places.

I still think the best solution is to realign the MD/VA/DC borders. Create an I-95 Axis state, and a Rural state. Allow as many people as possible to live under a government congenial to them.

I'm on board with that. I say that the new state should reach from Boston to DC and include everything within the confines of what is designated as a major metropolitan area, leaving the rest alone.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maryland is, to a large extent, a matrix of people:
    - dependent or reliant on government for protection and/or sustinence.
    - raised in gentrified subcultures to whom self-reliance and independence is a foreign concept.
    - indoctrinated from childhood to believe that subservience to government authority is natural.
    - who work within the government/contractor complex and thus subject to the paradigm that people outside government need to be 'governed', rather than served.

I think you'll find the western part of the state quite different.

Yeah, they are all Pittsburgh fans.

Seriously Bill, I can see why you might say this. The western part of the state is more regular Joe population who might have been raised around guns and hunting and fishing and stuff like that. People who likely come from the more rural areas such as WVA, Ohio, Pa, and not blue blood Whole Foods shoppin types.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm on board with that. I say that the new state should reach from Boston to DC and include everything within the confines of what is designated as a major metropolitan area, leaving the rest alone.

And then detach it and make it part of the EU. Most of the residents wouldn't notice.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Single party control along with a large percentage of the population centered around urban centers (DC & Balt). States with larger rural populations usually don't get the same anti-gun bias even if the Dems are in control.

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    generally speaking african american leaders preach that guns are the problem, not the people using them to sell drugs, rob each other, etc.

limousine liberals have typically been raised in affluent urban and suburban areas and were not exposed to guns beyond what they hear in the liberal press about gang violence and how guns, and not people are the problem

MD politics are run by these 2 types of people.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    Yes to the most recent posts...

Don't fail to consider the "shithouse side" of Maryland.

They're not wholly unlike the western part of the state...those who are born and raised there.

Much of middle MD is "on the dole" one way or another. Either as an civil servant employee or de facto employee via welfare handouts.

Sheep...are born looking for a place to die. They eat, sleep, fornicate and fear everything else.

Baaaaaaad gun owners. Very baaaaad.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Two scholarly articles worth reading: Clayton Cramer's "The Racist Roots of Gun Control" and Edward Glaeser's "The Curley Effect--The Economics of Shaping the Electorate." https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/glaeser/files/curley_effect_1.pdf

Basically, the anti gun political ideology is segregation reinvented, egging on the public to hate a group it considers unlike itself and thus have laws in place to mistreat and isolate them. It's identical to race based hate, only substituting gun ownership for race. They switched when it wasn't considered acceptable to pick on race anymore AND the liberal push was on to hate all aspects of traditional American cultural orientation. It then conveniently serves as a means of filtering the electorate by driving out people like you and me from the areas those in office wish to have single party dominance, which then makes life VERY easy for them. It also serves as a convenient political scapegoat for the problems the very same people have themselves manufactured, namely crime, poverty, and other problems of immorality and societal decay.

The whole limosine liberal phenomenon exploits it to evade the consequences of their ideology but also to prop themselves up morally within their own minds and to the image put forth to others. If you look at them, usually they're very, VERY horrible people as individuals (spoiled and materialistic, stuck up, abusive to others such as employees or subordinates, familial relationally disfunctional, philanderers, substance abusers, etc.) yet as with any human they are aware of the need to have some form of conscience, so they substitute in a fake moral code that is much easier for them to abide and look good than a real one. Instead of making any real personal sacrifices or self control they instead push others to pay higher taxes, consume less so that others can theoretically have more, and "stand against gun violence" as a symbolic issue. Honesty about human issues such as self control, moral absolutes, actual religion, etc. only makes them look REALLY BAD, so it's WAY easier to insist on others being disarmed because somehow that takes away evil...or they at least get points for trying.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    A lot of posters made good points so I thought I would condense them and add my own:

1) One party supermajority = corruption unabated with no one to challenge them
    2) Urban/suburban sprawl in a small state
    3) Ignorance of firearm use because of population density (can't shoot in your backyard on less than a half acre), complacency (the police will protect me), fear (ignorance and fear of the other guy), culture/education (only unsophisticated rednecks/Republicans have guns),media/indoctrination (only cops and bad guys have guns)
    4) D.C. elitism and culture, a unique animal all in itself. Growing up in Moco I have experienced this first hand and it has spread to Moco which is one of the reasons why it is what it is.
    5) Bubbles of "it isn't going to affect me in my little world" because of gentrification
    6) Yuppies
    7) Limousine liberals galore
    8) Government reliance
    9) Urban crime culture
    10) Wants to mimick New York City, Boston, and other uber-liberal cities of the Northeast trying to outdo them in the name of "progress".
    11) Bread and circuses (I.e. as long as I have my car, cell phone, booze, and sports/ TV/etc. IDGAF what happens)
    12) Not everyone is a gun person, in to guns, or collects them. Since people around here in Moco in general are very selfish therefore they don't care about guns being controlled because it doesn't directly affect them.

What is fortunate about almost all of that is that you DO have the capacity to change it by cultural outreach. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, and 12 can all be completely reversed by taking them to the range, speaking up about it with your family and areas of social influence to normalize it. It is purely a matter of working hard and applying the treatment to the problem. Shake a hand, share a beer or a burger, then pass the ammo. Be the gun owner next door, next cubicle over, in the center pew, at the football practice wearing the S&W hat, etc. I've lived in both NY and CA, and in both their cases they let it get as bad as they did by refusing to expand their base by keeping in the closet.

GET OUT OF THE GUN OWNING CLOSET. Stop allowing the leftist propaganda machine to kick your butt. Win the war by taking what the enemy has away from them. The people are only anti gun because the other side has reached them where we have not. It is entirely winnable, it is NOT a fixed quantity. We solve the problem of there being more of them than us by turning them into us.

Be the situation's master, not its b*tch.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Guns are the whipping boy of liberals. They have to blame high crime on something - so guns (an I mean ALL guns) are to blame. Goodness knows, they can't blame it on their social policy.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Two scholarly articles worth reading: Clayton Cramer's "The Racist Roots of Gun Control" and Edward Glaeser's "The Curley Effect--The Economics of Shaping the Electorate." https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/glaeser/files/curley_effect_1.pdf

Basically, the anti gun political ideology is segregation reinvented, egging on the public to hate a group it considers unlike itself and thus have laws in place to mistreat and isolate them. It's identical to race based hate, only substituting gun ownership for race. They switched when it wasn't considered acceptable to pick on race anymore AND the liberal push was on to hate all aspects of traditional American cultural orientation. It then conveniently serves as a means of filtering the electorate by driving out people like you and me from the areas those in office wish to have single party dominance, which then makes life VERY easy for them. It also serves as a convenient political scapegoat for the problems the very same people have themselves manufactured, namely crime, poverty, and other problems of immorality and societal decay.

The whole limosine liberal phenomenon exploits it to evade the consequences of their ideology but also to prop themselves up morally within their own minds and to the image put forth to others. If you look at them, usually they're very, VERY horrible people as individuals (spoiled and materialistic, stuck up, abusive to others such as employees or subordinates, familial relationally disfunctional, philanderers, substance abusers, etc.) yet as with any human they are aware of the need to have some form of conscience, so they substitute in a fake moral code that is much easier for them to abide and look good than a real one. Instead of making any real personal sacrifices or self control they instead push others to pay higher taxes, consume less so that others can theoretically have more, and "stand against gun violence" as a symbolic issue. Honesty about human issues such as self control, moral absolutes, actual religion, etc. only makes them look REALLY BAD, so it's WAY easier to insist on others being disarmed because somehow that takes away evil...or they at least get points for trying.

Never forget Maryland was a slave state and in addition the slaves in Maryland were not freed by the Emancipation Proclamation because it only applied to the states that were in rebellion at the time. There was a lot of race hatred that started during and immediately after the Civil War. Original anti gun laws were to keep the blacks from being armed like the voter laws (and later Gerrymandering) meant to keep the blacks from gaining political power. The anti gun roots go very deep in the Democratic Party which was founded to repress the freed blacks.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    to the OP: everybody has an opinion, Here's mine. Politicians pass gun control legislation and get reelected. That's the reason that *some* gun control measure gets proposed each session. Wash Rinse Repeat. No where are all those AR 15s in the grocery store that Anthony Brown promised? I want to get me one!!!

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Whipping Boy of ...

Guns are the whipping boy of liberals. They have to blame high crime on something - so guns (an I mean ALL guns) are to blame. Goodness knows, they can't blame it on their social policy.

Speaking of social policy(s) As was said by others before, "control, votes, re-election, watering down the national history, eroding of the family and morals, and the money the politicians can "earn" via their connections as politicians from special interest groups etc. These are all the reasons behind th epush for gun control.

Also,
    If I beat the same drum in different threads, forgive me. But I just came across this sad list of stats. Take a look at the number 1 cause of death which is really a "murder" item and ask yourselves, how many high capacity magazine, "automatic" assault weapons were used to commit the number 1 government sanctioned murder on the list. Then take a look at the last item on the list.

I ask, WHERE is the outcry of the President, Bloomberg, Pelosi, Hillary etc and all their followers to ban abortions? Where is all the media coverage, the sound bites, front page stories, tear filled pleas to ban scalpels, poison chemicals, etc that cause the abortions of our future human beings before they get the chance to be born?

Attachments

• death statistics.jpg
      death statistics.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 385

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Don't forget that MD is chock-full of arrogant foreigners. I'm sure they aren't pro-gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just hit on something there. Where I live, Americans are so out numbered there is nothing to assimilate to. I think this is actually part of the problem in general in many places in the country.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Maryland is run by Democrats. Most violent criminals are Democrats. They can't blame their own voters so they blame the gun.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Democrats want total control everything in our lives. If you have guns they cannot control you. They want to ban sodas because of sugar, guns because of power, cars because of climate control...etc.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    by the way, so glad we have enlightened posts like this to make gun owners in MD look good

Yeah, ditto.

The choice of words may be rough, but the statistics speak for themselves. It's way past time for progressive liberals to take responsibility for their failed policies instead of blaming inanimate objects.

http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police/homicides/

There is a disproportionate number of murders committed in just one people group.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    It's way past time for progressive liberals to take responsibility for their failed policies instead of blaming inanimate objects.
    well, we agree on the part about the inanimate objects.
    however, i'm not sure what failed policies are being addressed by general racist statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom