• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    ... then head over to Earl's Hide-Away for a cold one and a giant slice of pizza afterward...

Sebastian Inlet is directly across the ditch...

20220317_182817.jpg 20220317_182830.jpg

Last edited:

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I just got back from loch raven for the first time out this year. I got one largemouth after being there for about 3 minutes. Only fish of the day, but it was nice to get out.
    6602ca78d17ae56a64f13d71862cad4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    other than a small blue thurs and a small spanish sunday, skunked at sebastian inlet pier. very rocky bottom with lots of stuck and cutoff rigs. prob saw 4-5 snook both days combined. did an offshore today where we basically parked just off the pier and nothing, tried a few other places and mostly nothing. bummer but today at least was pretty nice weather, light winds.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I just got back from loch raven for the first time out this year. I got one largemouth after being there for about 3 minutes. Only fish of the day, but it was nice to get out.
    6602ca78d17ae56a64f13d71862cad4a.jpg

Loch Raven is really good fishing in the spring time. One of my favorite places to fish. I always rent a boat and make a day of it. Nice fish.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Loch Raven is really good fishing in the spring time. One of my favorite places to fish. I always rent a boat and make a day of it. Nice fish.
    Thanks. I rent boats sometimes, but mostly fish from the bank like today as it's on my way home from work. I don't think the fishing center opens until early April to rent boats.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks. I rent boats sometimes, but mostly fish from the bank like today as it's on my way home from work. I don't think the fishing center opens until early April to rent boats.

Can you launch a kayak anytime?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    You need a permit for Loch Raven and they limited the amount this year to a much smaller number. It’s already been sold out for a few weeks.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Friday I fished my first time this year at Bush and Gunpowder. Just seeing if any yellow perch and also whites. The rain last week screwed the spawn run up. White perch are starting I heard. Didn't get a hit at all using spinners and jigs at a few spillways at work. It wont be long and a mess of perch and bass will be there hitting.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    We hit the four locks stretch of the upper potomac today. It's still up quite a bit and flowing strong. Lots of debris in the water. We didn't manage to boat a single fish ( I lost a dink smallmouth on a jerkbait at the boat) was very nice to be out though and dust some cobwebs off the gear.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We hit the four locks stretch of the upper potomac today. It's still up quite a bit and flowing strong. Lots of debris in the water. We didn't manage to boat a single fish ( I lost a dink smallmouth on a jerkbait at the boat) was very nice to be out though and dust some cobwebs off the gear.
    Did you stay in the 'lake' area or run up river? Try any hair jigs and pigs?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Did you stay in the 'lake' area or run up river? Try any hair jigs and pigs?
    Mostly upriver ..no hair jigs I didn't have any heavy enough even in the Eddie's behind the cliffs. Mostly threw a 1/2oz jig with rage craw and a pointer 100 all day. The area closer to dam had enough floating debris it looked like you could walk across. The river really needs another couple days to settle down and get all the debris cleared out after this weekends rain. Word of caution if anybody hits the upper potomac soon the ramps are caked in mud plan accordingly.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Mostly upriver ..no hair jigs I didn't have any heavy enough even in the Eddie's behind the cliffs. Mostly threw a 1/2oz jig with rage craw and a pointer 100 all day. The area closer to dam had enough floating debris it looked like you could walk across. The river really needs another couple days to settle down and get all the debris cleared out after this weekends rain. Word of caution if anybody hits the upper potomac soon the ramps are caked in mud plan accordingly.
    I hit PoR yesterday to try out some gear. That ramp was fine...just a few spots of mud. There is a local guy there that cleans it up sometimes, so that helps. Water is still high/muddy. I threw a chatterbait about 20 times and a grub about 10 times...nothing doing. Had the dogs with me so I couldn't really FISH fish. A guy at the ramp said he was out all day Wednesday and got nothing, so I didn't feel too bad about not fishing harder.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    My brother and I went to the eastern shore today and fished the choptank. I was using a beetle spin and got a 10" white perch. We both had a few more strikes, but this was the only fish landed.
    0bb5e0d30bb9a7f7464e0ee95e04bf03.jpg

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You need a permit for Loch Raven and they limited the amount this year to a much smaller number. It’s already been sold out for a few weeks.
    Rationing the natural resources, just like out west.
    Too many people, to few resources.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Four of us took two little boats to Delaware and hit some ponds Friday. Warm + overcast + light breeze = early-season Crappie time.

Drift fishing minnows on 1/32nd and 1/64th ounce shad darts under a bobber, 6# mono. We let about a half-dozen bigger Pickerel go, but kept some small ones for crab bait. A couple of the biggest ones we released were between 4 & 5 pounds. Let quite a few smaller Crappies and smaller Yellow Perch go. A few of the Perch and Crappies were pretty good sized. The boards under the fish are rough-cut 5/4 x 12s.

The Yellow Perch were spawned out. The Crappie eggs are just starting to develop, so they won't spawn for another few weeks. The larger Pickerel on the left had a 5" bluegill in him - that's the shadow on his stomach.

Fish20240315-01.jpg

Fish20240315-02.jpg

Fish20240315-03.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Nice haul Ed! We went out to rocky gap today looking for crappie with no luck. Did end up with 5 trout between the 2 of us.

That wind was wild in the kayak today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom