• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lou forgot to mention that it isn't just voices that can activate the trap, letting a semi-auto slam shut or violently closing a pump gun in a low position can set it off. So can can a loud enough fart.

I was going to cover that topic (not necessarily the fart part, but since you brought it up:lol2:) once we were there.

Wasn't it you who found that out? :innocent0

I really don't remember doing that at CCGC, perhaps it was at North American R&G last May. Maybe that's why they were pissed at me???:lol2:

New trap chootin' rule:
    No farting in the voice activated mikes.:D

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I really don't remember doing that at CCGC, perhaps it was at North American R&G last May. Maybe that's why they were pissed at me???:lol2: New trap chootin' rule: No farting in the voice activated mikes.:D

Bring the fart finger tomorrow! That should be an awesome test!

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Lou, change my status from "interested" to "IN +1". Buddy of mine is loaning me an extra BT-99 and he is coming along as well.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I am willing to let anyone borrow my gun as long as they're shooting on a different squad.

Ohsplat

Oct 5, 2014
    Is there a certain membership required to attend? Im new to the site. I have the (cough cough) Mossberg 500 Ducks Unlimited shotgun. Never shot clays before and im not to sure on the barrel length. Ill try to measure it tonight. I know it has a modified choke.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Is there a certain membership required to attend? Im new to the site. I have the (cough cough) Mossberg 500 Ducks Unlimited shotgun. Never shot clays before and im not to sure on the barrel length. Ill try to measure it tonight. I know it has a modified choke.

Membership is not required to attend this shoot. Modified choke on 12 gauge with 28" or longer barrel will do well. Bear in mind, you must use 2 3/4" shells with #7 1/2 or #8 lead shot, NO 3" or larger shells allowed.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Somebody might want to think about giving the range a heads up that there will be this many additional people there on New Year's Day. They are already having a shoot and things will be crazy enough. Maybe let them know that it is going to be even crazier than they think so they can staff accordingly. I know the last time I was there and we were running a couple extra traps on top of what the league was shooting, the guy running the show looked a little frantic, and the "yays" in this thread are a lot more than what was there the last time I was there.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Somebody might want to think about giving the range a heads up that there will be this many additional people there on New Year's Day. They are already having a shoot and things will be crazy enough. Maybe let them know that it is going to be even crazier than they think so they can staff accordingly. I know the last time I was there and we were running a couple extra traps on top of what the league was shooting, the guy running the show looked a little frantic, and the "yays" in this thread are a lot more than what was there the last time I was there.

But only 3% of them will actually show up. :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Aaahhh, before I created this thread on 12/08/14, I asked CCGC on Sunday 12/07/14 if we, "The Lou Crew and some other MDShooters with an estimated head count of 15 to 25, could do this on Jan 1st during their open to public "fun shoot day". Their response was yes we can and also made the point to go outta' their way to see that I have their club sheet (8.5"x11" paper) with the date and time for this 01/01/15 event. The sheet was nothing near complete in regard to details so I asked and wrote them down accordingly. It was also brought up the possibly exist that we may get our own trap and trap. If help is needed with our crew in reference to trapper duties, I'm pretty confident that I could help keep things running smoothly.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Aaahhh, before I created this thread on 12/08/14, I asked CCGC on Sunday 12/07/14 if we, "The Lou Crew and some other MDShooters with an estimated head count of 15 to 25, could do this on Jan 1st during their open to public "fun shoot day". Their response was yes we can and also made the point to go outta' their way to see that I have their club sheet (8.5"x11" paper) with the date and time for this 01/01/15 event. The sheet was nothing near complete in regard to details so I asked and wrote them down accordingly. It was also brought up the possibly exist that we may get our own trap and trap. If help is needed with our crew in reference to trapper duties, I'm pretty confident that I could help keep things running smoothly.

Good foresight.

Loading the trap isn't really all that hard as long as they have targets in the trap house. Just disconnect the power (i.e., usually a switch) and start loading it up. Some of those machines can hold a crap load and a half of targets though, and if that is the case it might be best for two people to load it up.

I really wish I could make this, but such is life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom