• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    And then there was this....

(I was going to try and ransom this picture to Teratos, but I didn't think he'd cough up his Browning for it)

Thanks everyone. Great day. Happy New Year.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I had a blast today, literally. Thanks Lou, CCGC, and the RSOs. Thanks to Mr H for working with my daughter. Sometimes instructions are taken better when they don't come from immediate family. I shot 100 rounds, my daughter 50 (first time ever shooting a shotgun) and my son 25 before he was off to work.

So...here is a pic of me (so you all know who I am now) with my daughter

As for the bold... I got where you were heading with it, no worries. I understand the concept very well, and absolutely advocate handing family members off to others for instruction.

It was my pleasure to help out. She did a good job for a first-timer, and took the advice to heart, I think.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    And then there was this....

(I was going to try and ransom this picture to Teratos, but I didn't think he'd cough up his Browning for it)

Thanks everyone. Great day. Happy New Year.

Doc, I don't quite know to tell you this but that's the hand I take care of business with, just pretend it's hair gel.......:lol2:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Doc, I don't quite know to tell you this but that's the hand I take care of business with, just pretend it's hair gel.......:lol2:

What? You pay bills left-han.....

OOOOhhhhh.......

Attachments

• thCAIUJZMY.jpg
      thCAIUJZMY.jpg
      8 KB · Views: 177
    • thCA7OCO22.jpg
      thCA7OCO22.jpg
      2.8 KB · Views: 178

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    And Lou talking about his "Johnson with the BIG BULGE in the middle of it" in polite company.

FIFY

Apparently you haven't seen the thread where the big pic is of "Lou45 holding his Johnson":D..... Seriously, it's worth the time doing a search and looking/reading it.

When the Carroll County Crew made a guest appearance at a Hooligan shoot, Hooli refused to come to the range that day. Too many Mopar stories.:lol2:

We're coming back so Mopar can have another try :)

Somehow I don't think Mopar will get another chance with Hooli, not after the episode of him getting Chelsea Cleenton knocked up; "Mopar's been a bery, bery BAAAAAAAAAAAD boy".:lol2:

As for the bold... I got where you were heading with it, no worries. I understand the concept very well, and absolutely advocate handing family members off to others for instruction.

It was my pleasure to help out. She did a good job for a first-timer, and took the advice to heart, I think.

As a firearms instructor myself, in almost all cases, family members are purposely separated for instruction.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I must say that I'm very pleased with the turnout, everybody having a good time, and the fact that we weren't told not to come back.:lol2: They (CCGC) were happy to have us and we'll schedule another MDS trap choot there in May/June or September timeframe on a Sunday. It's my understanding that Fabs is supposed to schedule an MDS shoot at PGT&S after tax time so I think he means late April or May. Fabs, jump in here to let us know the timeframe as "after tax season" doesn't quite sum it up for alott'uv us.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I must say that I'm very pleased with the turnout, everybody having a good time, and the fact that we weren't told not to come back.:lol2: They (CCGC) were happy to have us and we'll schedule another MDS trap choot there in May/June or September timeframe on a Sunday. It's my understanding that Fabs is supposed to schedule an MDS shoot at PGT&S after tax time so I think he means late April or May. Fabs, jump in here to let us know the timeframe as "after tax season" doesn't quite sum it up for alott'uv us.

It will be late April or early May. Looking at Saturday, April 25th or Saturday, May 9th.

Non-profit tax returns with a calendar tax year are due on May 15th, May 16th is my daughter's first communion, and May 17th is my son's birthday, so that will be a busy weekend. lol Whether it ends up being on April 25th or May 9th will depend on what my wife has to trade, work schedule wise, to get off on May 16th. See, nothing is ever simple.

Then, there is the question of whether people prefer having it on a Saturday or Sunday. Also thinking about setting up three different groups if we have enough interest. One for sporting clays with me, one for trap, and another for skeet, or we can just move around to the different games as a group so everybody can learn the "rules" for shooting all three of them and really become addicts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like Saturday, then we can all go out to dinner and for most of us there is no hurry to get home. That's just me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I like Saturday, then we can all go out to dinner and for most of us there is no hurry to get home. That's just me.

Good point. Saturday would allow us to "play around" after shooting. Sunday means most of us will have to get home and start getting prepared for work on Monday. There are plenty of places in Greenbelt that we could go to for dinner. I like this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom