• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Interested.

I'm a skeet guy, was raised on it. I hate trap. I suck at trap. Last time I was there, closing the action on my 1100 sent a bird flying with the speaker thingys they were using. I also don't know the "timing etiquette" so most of the time the regulars got pissed at me for screwing up their "rythm". Think I sold my trap barrel after that because I was so disgusted with all of it.

That said...I think it'd still be fun to hang out and do some "goof off" shooting if that is what is in store. I'm not interested in any official competition or 100 bird handicap type of deal.

I hate being squaded up with people who take recreational/practice targets way too seriously.

Some old guy got really bitter with me when I admitted I couldn't see all those tiny chips coming off the clays he was claiming, no problem sir, I'll just mark a few extra zeros for throwing a hissy fit.

I'm not real big on score keeping, I keep track as I go station mentally if im having a normal day or if I'm slacking. I always seem to at least miss 20 targets out of 100

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    It has been decades since I even held a shotgun, but I could be interested in this so long as a loaner boomstick and remedial instruction will both be available. I will definitely confirm (or deny) as the day draws close.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is going to be 100% informal, as I understand it (which is what I prefer as well).

Other than standard basic trap chootin' rules and firearms safety, this is an informal fun event for us. We will try to keep score for those that wish, try to squad the more experienced trap chooters together so we can keep our rhythm, and try to squad the noobs together with an experienced person behind them to help them with the basics. Bear in mind, especially to the noobs, the birds are voice activated so it's imperative to "drink a great big cup of shut the phuque up" just before you're on the line and while changing stations. Believe it or not, SNI takes a great big swaller of it jus' b'fore she gets on the line and it really works!!! :D (I gotta' feelin' there's gonna' be payback to suffer for that one:lol2:). There will be some formal informal competition going on that day at other traps there but the trap(s) we'll be using will be strictly for fun so there's almost no worries of pissing off another chooter and/or trapper. I've been through this in the past and have had my ass chewed out at least twice by the trapper/scorekeeper at another location earlier this year; as a matter of fact they closed the trap range down on us after our li'l episode that TEAM MDS pulled a cute one on them at North American R&G back in May(yeah, they got pissed:lol2:). Most of you on here know me at least to some degree and I really like CCGC as they're low key and quite tolerant to noobs and us somewhat mo' experienced shooters that don't quite fit the mold of the stuffy and snobby type. Hey, they've been puttin' up with a number of us, me included, since September and we keep getting asked to come back, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.:lol2::rofl:

Last edited:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Lou forgot to mention that it isn't just voices that can activate the trap, letting a semi-auto slam shut or violently closing a pump gun in a low position can set it off. So can can a loud enough fart.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Lou forgot to mention that it isn't just voices that can activate the trap, letting a semi-auto slam shut or violently closing a pump gun in a low position can set it off. So can can a loud enough fart.

If you close the action on your pump or semi just after the shooter next to you fires it won't set the bird off, the trap takes several seconds to reset.
    One caution, the formal event is a handicap shoot, there will be 27 yard shooters there, if you have noticed the 27 yard line is pretty close to the bench area, if your trap is next to a squad shooting from the 27 loud voices can set the traps off or distract the shooter so be careful of that.
    Have fun, hope to get a round in with you when I am finished.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Other than standard basic trap chootin' rules and firearms safety, this is an informal fun event for us. We will try to keep score for those that wish, try to squad the more experienced trap chooters together so we can keep our rhythm, and try to squad the noobs together with an experienced person behind them to help them with the basics. Bear in mind, especially to the noobs, the birds are voice activated so it's imperative to drink a great big cup of shut the phuque up just before you're on the line and changing stations (believe it or not, SNI takes a great big swaller of it jus' b'fore she gets on the line and it really works!!! :D I gotta' feelin' there's gonna' be payback to suffer for that one:lol2:). There will be some formal informal competition going on that day at other traps there but the trap(s) we'll be using will be strictly for fun so there's almost no worries of pissing off another chooter and/or trapper. I've been through this in the past and have had my ass chewed out at least twice by the trapper/scorekeeper at another location earlier this year; as a matter of fact they closed the trap range down on us after our li'l episode TEAM MDS pulled a cute one on them at North American R&G back in May(yeah, they got pissed:lol2:). Most of you on here know me at least to some degree and I really like CCGC as they're low key and quite tolerant to noobs and us somewhat mo' experienced shooters that don't quite fit the mold of the stuffy and snobby type. Hey, they've been puttin' up with a number of us, me included, since September and we keep getting asked to come back, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.:lol2::rofl:

Ha! I still manage to set them off a few times just to piss you off. :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

I was going to cover that topic (not necessarily the fart part, but since you brought it up:lol2:) once we were there.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'd love to learn how to shoot some trap. Not only that, but there are a lot of people in this thread that I'd like to meet and others I'd like to see again. However, I have something already on the calendar for January 1. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you guys have terrific weather for the New Year extravaganza bonanza, and the breaking in of those o/u's. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've never shot trap before but I'll be happy to provide the day's entertainment provided I can borrow a shottie (Mr. H or ?). I haven't gotten around to buying one yet.

The GF is willing to provide additional laughs so that makes IN +1 if we can borrow a gun.

I am going to try to make this. If I can, you are welcome to use my gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom