• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soundman1

Aug 11, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Requested info about the Florida/Virginia non-resident class on 10/5/13 from the instructor that posted it on the MDS calendar, and Continental Arms ..... No reply from either!!!

WTF

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Sgt Preston here...

I just want to set the record straight...

I was a member there for 3 years & shot 3-4 times a week...

I've bought new & used guns from Jim & Sandy from time to time...

And they have sold guns for me that I placed on consignment...

Everyone that I ever dealt with there has always treated me well...

There have been a few rare occasions that shooters on the firing line seemed to act in an unsafe way...

On those occasions, I packed up & left (for my own safety) but told the range staff why I was going...

To the best of my knowledge, they "re-educated" the shooters after I left...

I have never been treated rudely by anybody there...

Nuff Said...

Why are all of your posts declarations?

Just because you had no bad experiences there, it doesn't mean anyone else didn't.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Why are all of your posts declarations?

Just because you had no bad experiences there, it doesn't mean anyone else didn't.

Sgt Preston back again...

Declarations..?

There seem to be a lot of negativity & negative opinions expressed by MD Shooters about a lot of our vendors...

My real life experiences were a lot different than those expressed in this thread...

First I was a member there & shot there 3 - 4 times a week for 3 years...

Second I bought & sold quite a few guns there over the years...

So my statements weren't meant to be declarations, just an accurate reflection of my own personal experiences...

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County

Declarations..?

There seem to be a lot of negativity & negative opinions expressed by MD Shooters about a lot of our vendors...

My real life experiences were a lot different than those expressed in this thread...

So my statements weren't meant to be declarations, just an accurate reflection of my own personal experiences...

I think the issue is that you were "setting the record straight" like everyone else in this thread was lying or being "overly sensitive" We understand that you might have had positive experiences with this vendor. But from the rest of the posts on this thread are you the exception not rule. I am not going to say that I am not also tainted as I have had bad experiences with them as well. I got the same area of arrogance and rudeness from everyone there. I noticed they didn't want to help me or acknowledge me at all. I had to find my own way to the range. They were slightly more helpful but they were still arrogant. They treated me like i didn't know what I was doing and like i was an idiot. Once I was done shooting, I went again to the sales floor to check out prices and see if they had something i was looking for in stock. I ended up leaving once I show how they were treating another customer. Telling him they that they didn't want to sell him particular guns because he was to old and they were to powerful for him. On that front, I understand if they thought he wasn't strong enough to handle the recoil of a 18in mossberg 500 12 gauge riot shotgun. But that wasn't the case, they guy was in his late 60s-early 70s, but fit and looked to be in better shape then I was, trying to buy a 1911 and he was assuring the salesman he could handle the recoil. Now something else could have been going on that I wasn't aware of but the smarmy way the sales guy was talking to him was just a turn off. I left there and vowed never to return. *I haven't been there in awhile so things might have changed*

Rob Tahan

Oct 3, 2011
    Parkville MD
    First time i went there was terrible..
    Like something you'd see in a "how not to treat your customer" video at a typical retail training seminar.
    But the more and more i went there the friendlier the staff got.
    I am a member there now and dont have any problems but i totally can see how people do. Either way i guess it always depends on who you deal with and what kind of mood they are in..
    Im guessing they arent personally told to kiss up to all the customers like many corporate retail jobs out there. I worked for att wireless for 10 years and if i ever talked to customers in any kind of rude way i would be fired irreguardless of circumstances.. While i disagreee and hate the corporate "customer is always right" bs i think there is a middle ground. I now work for myself and carry over that customer service training from my previous job and apply it to my own business. I have been very successful thus far and retained just about all of my customers...
    Anyways... I can see both sides of how people feel about this place
    I tend to just give most people the benefit of the doubt

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    I flamed them out a couple of months ago and I actually need to thank them for something. Because they did not release my FA for 120+ days it prevented me from being able to spend my children's inheritance on soon to be banned FA's.

As an organization they are "bipolar" and I have received service all over the place. Last time I was there in late August they were extremely pleasant.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

Declarations..?

I wasn't critizing your experiences as I believe them to be true, but when you announce that you are "here", make statements with trailing periods, space between them, and end it with "nuff said", you are declaring your opinion and making it appear that it's the end of the discussion and your experience is the proof that continental deserves no criticism.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    When I called I was greeted with the rudest customer service I've ever had from a gun store. I was going to head up there to shoot at the request of a friend who said it was closer to her than FreeState... not anymore.

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    Two months ago I had them transfer a pistol to another FFL after waiting 3.5 months for a "not disapproved". Last week they called me to let me know my paperwork was in and I could pick up my pistol. I made a trip down there to make sure they canceled my application so the paperwork from my new FFL (The Bank) could be processed. They still have a mountain of paperwork waiting to be processed and no one was shopping. After several fair transactions I was shocked that they never canceled my application. I wish them well but will not buy from them ever again.

kagemusha

May 8, 2012
    Baltimore City
    I was a member there from before Jim bought the place from the previous owner (can't remember his name, it's been so long) until just last year. I too have received service that was both good and bad. I have been told some things that were simply wrong by Ziggy and Sandy. For example, that in order to have some aftermarket work done by a gunsmith on one of my pistols, I had to ship it through them, and could NOT take it to UPS myself to ship it. As Sundancer said, they seem to be bipolar.

@Rob Tahan, they used to. I wish they still did. You could bring anything there. First time I ever shot a cannon (yes, I mean a literal cannon) was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom