• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I've been there quite a bit. They are the closest indoor range to me.

As quite a few have already said it really all depends on who is there at the time, what mood they are in, and if they know you.
    I have had no problems with the range staff. Also, I have never run into any gang bangers. But, I do go in the afternoon when everyone else is at work.

Paladin

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Feb 23, 2011
    No, I wont elaborate. This person is not sketchy and it was nothing preventing them from owning a firearm. Its really no different from when they were contacting people who's names appeared on ammo logs. They basically went on a fishing trip to invade someones privacy. You can take it how you want, I'm sorry that I will not elaborate but I don't want to divulge information about this person.

Then why even bring it up, does nothing to move the conversation forward or advance any information/knowledge on the subject.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I don't feel confident in some of their sales staff when it comes to knowledge of the product. I went in to buy a rifle case and walked out with a case, SL8-6(yes it was over priced and LONG before Sandy Hook) and something else(it's been a while). I wanted to buy an Eotech for my AR and the salesman tries to sell me an XPS2-2(i think). I looked at the rail attachment and it seemed too narrow. He tried to tell me that I just need an adapter that I can pick up over at White Marsh Arms(in Owings Mills - their sister store). I was still a rookie and took his word for it.
    I got to White Marsh Arms and he tells me the XPS I purchases was for a a different type of rail and there was no such adapter to put it on an AR.

Lesson learned....I returned it. I don't go there any more. Not because of attitudes or anything like that, but for the price and the spotty knowledge, it is not worth the drive.

I would, and have gone back to White Marsh Arms. Prices are still high, but I have made several other purchases from them and the sales guy(don't remember his name) has always worked with me on the prices and also given me good advice that resulted in a lower total sale for him, a better value for me and respect for his honesty!! :thumbsup:

noydouask

Dec 19, 2012
    I go once a month with a few friends to use the range and have never had anyone give me an attitude. I am in a customer service biz and not everyone likes me (as seen in the customer surveys). If you dont like them don't go. I have been to many shops and ranges and never been treated badly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    My pistol was finally transferred from Continental to the Bank in HDG. today. It was shipped to another FFL Tuesday (the wrong one) but today they went to the other FFL picked up the pistol and delivered it to the Bank. They must be moving lots of weapons from their safe. I have been frustrated with their policies but they really did work with me to get the transfer done. I won't be going back to their store, to be fair they tried in the end to make the transfer happened (at a price) in the time frame I asked for. No more hard feelings but no additional business either.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Then why even bring it up, does nothing to move the conversation forward or advance any information/knowledge on the subject.

I brought it up because the OP asked about thoughts on Continental Arms. Do you have a problem reading?

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I brought it up because the OP asked about thoughts on Continental Arms. Do you have a problem reading?

Sounds like your friend has a problem purchasing firearms. Perhaps stemming from a problem with following the law. Perhaps stemming from prescription boner pill abuse. Perhaps stemming from homosexual tendencies. Perhaps stemming from listening to Nickelback. Perhaps stemming from watching figure skating.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Sounds like your friend has a problem purchasing firearms. Perhaps stemming from a problem with following the law. Perhaps stemming from prescription boner pill abuse. Perhaps stemming from homosexual tendencies. Perhaps stemming from listening to Nickelback. Perhaps stemming from watching figure skating.

lmao....

If she is taking boner pills then I am missing something.

Honestly I know its a vague story but its kind of personal info about my friend that has nothing to do with being able to legally buy a firearm. She is about to purchase one infact. I just thought I'd share my thoughts because the name of the thread was "Thoughs on CA" not "Thoughts about my friends personal information" The police should have never gotten that information in the first place.

The short story is they shared records and the police decided to go fishing based on something they should not have. I am actually suprised that people find it that hard to believe.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Im not trying to bash anyone here, but I just heard back from a friend that they received a phone call from Baltimore County Police about their visit to Continental Arms. I was a patron of theirs and bought a suppressor and quite a few guns from them, but I will not return there knowing that they release information like that to the police.

They just lost one customer and I recommended to my friend never to return there again.

same thing happened to my neighbor I took shooting at FREESTATE. he got a letter and door visit from balto co police after using the range. i'm pretty sure they check all ranges to see if people should or shouldn't be there....

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I just want to set the record straight...

I was a member there for 3 years & shot 3-4 times a week...

I've bought new & used guns from Jim & Sandy from time to time...

And they have sold guns for me that I placed on consignment...

Everyone that I ever dealt with there has always treated me well...

There have been a few rare occasions that shooters on the firing line seemed to act in an unsafe way...

On those occasions, I packed up & left (for my own safety) but told the range staff why I was going...

To the best of my knowledge, they "re-educated" the shooters after I left...

I have never been treated rudely by anybody there...

Nuff Said...

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I just bought a Colt defender from them.

They were very busy Saturday.

They were polite and nicely explained why they will not release in 8 days. A mild but justified case of paranoia - the powers that be would love to shut them down to make an example of them. They did offer to transfer the gun to any shop that I knew doing an 8 day release.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Baltimore County is widely known to subpoena range records for investigative purposes. A simple Google search will reveal this on various lawyers' websites. They routinely go through them in order to find those who should not be around firearms. I don't know if your friend is prohibited or not, but obviously the county police felt there was something there that warranted the phone call.

The ammo log is different. Ranges have records of people who shoot there for insurance purposes; the state's attorney knows this. On the other hand, the "ammo log" is completely "voluntary." If there is no ammo log, there is nothing to subpoena. If a range decided not to have waiver forms, the police would have nothing to investigate. As far as I know, there is nothing in the law that requires a range to have a waiver.

The particular incident discussed here is not unique to Continental.

This accurately sums it up. Could have happened at any BC range. It does all the time. Maybe just a similar name in your friend's case.

WildWiz

Jan 3, 2010
    Perry Hall
    WildWiz

Well I have shot there, but indoor shooting is not my cup of tea. I have bought two revolvers there. The sales lady spent hours with my daughter fitting her into a nice handgun (gp100) let her shoot one of the gp100 rentals at the range before I bought it for her, with store ammo, no charge. Then there was the time I mentioned to a salesman that I could not hit anything with my Glock 19. He happened to be a glock armorer, he asked me to bring the gun in & so I did. He grabbed some 9mm ammo off the shelf & took me into the range & asked me to shoot while he watched. He reported to me what I was doing wrong & changed the sights ftom ghost ring to stock., charged me only a few bucks for the new sights, no charge for the ammo, no charge for the range time, no charge for the labor. I'm a happy camper who can now knock down steel plates at ipsic matches & put the holes in the right places at idpa matches. But I'm still the slowest guy on the squad, sometimes you just cant fix slow.:thumbsup:

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    I was at the range again today, and the range staff was pleasant again. I told them I was carrying and they had no problem, and were appreciative that I told them. It was also nice that I was the only one there at the time.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I must admit I am more than a little disappointed by what I heard from a friend. He purchased a regulated item there and was told that it was illegal to release without the MSP paperwork being completed and so they could not release until the long MSP paperwork is finished, plus that if he submitted paperwork before Oct 1 that no further action would be required even if the gun is picked up after 10/1/2013 @ 12:00 AM, which to my understanding is not accurate. :(

Time4change

Jul 31, 2012
    I have found the staff and owners to be very helpful and friendly. Prices for guns are a little higher but they normally have great stock. I'm a little upset that my paid for Ruger is in their safe and I can't take it home until after the MSP paperwork is done. Its too late to transfer. At least I can shoot it when I go to the range. I wish they would do eight day release!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom