So DC gets constitutional carry, but not Md ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    As a Maryland resident with a Utah non-resident permit, I am looking into visiting DC before a stay may be put into place. Maybe we'll even see a poll asking whether any forum members CC'd in DC without incident.

Go visit. You don't need a permit unless you want to go to VA and CC. Just be aware of where you can't carry and the mag size limits.

Thanks. I got a bit excited over the news and mixed up the threads.

While I'm thinking about it, I wonder how many of the folks at NRA headquarters in Fairfax decided to drive in to DC for lunch today? :rolleyes:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is SAF's party. The NRA had nothing to do with this. My guess is they are sitting out in Fairfax pouting, not looking for a sammich in DC.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Gura and the NRA have had pissing matches in the past. Don't know about this one, though.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not as I read it. You must be abiding by the carry laws of your state of residence.

I do not read anything in any of this stating home state carry laws apply. If you see it, please post it so we'll all be clear.

Don't take the 2 'scenarios' in the directive as exclusive guidance. The order and the directive only speak to someone who is not a DC resident being Federally allowed to own, and DC residents having registered guns.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The total lack of recognition in this victory tells me the NRA may be pouting. They should be as effusive in their praise as everyone else, but NADA to date.This is not the first time we've seen this behavior iMO anyway.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    This is federal law. Don't even attempt it. Unless you have creds.

Pray tell, what is the law?

18 U.S. Code § 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
    (b) Whoever, with intent that a firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, knowingly possesses or causes to be present such firearm or dangerous weapon in a Federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
    (c) A person who kills any person in the course of a violation of subsection (a) or (b), or in the course of an attack on a Federal facility involving the use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be punished as provided in sections 1111, 1112, 1113, and 1117.
    (d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—
    (1) the lawful performance of official duties by an officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law;
    (2) the possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon by a Federal official or a member of the Armed Forces if such possession is authorized by law; or
    (3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

It's just that no one will define "other lawful purposes" hence my earlier question if this ruling says self defense is a lawful purpose.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There are millions of us not on facebook. I think an update on their web page would be more appropriate. Unless they're just unhappy with Gura.

ETA-looked on facebook-didn't see the post. can you elaborate?

azuluza

May 14, 2013
    so will my Utah CC work in DC soon? im guessing they would have to come to some sort of agreement on this?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wow how magnanimous. If that's a thank you, I'd hate to see their criticism. The silence is deafening. If they were among the plaintiffs, it's be splashed all over their web site.

Before anyone criticizes, I'm a Life member of the NRA. They can do better IMO.

Yep, they're pouting big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom