• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Landscape overall is much more functional than portrait. That's annoying though.

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-04-29-22-56-39.jpg
      Capture+_2016-04-29-22-56-39.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 269
    • Capture+_2016-04-29-22-56-26.jpg
      Capture+_2016-04-29-22-56-26.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 224

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow, a huge step backwards. Almost unusable, with huge spacing and text block jammed over on the right. Sorry to grumble, but I'm finding it seriously user-unfriendly.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The sight looks completely different for me. I cannot go to last post in a thread and it no longer shows who the last poster was.

This is what I get on my Galaxy S4

I'm having the same issues on my iPhone. Really awkward. Things are somewhat better on my computer but not great. Lots of blank space on the left side of the screen and limited viewing on the right.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    This is the worst yet.

I'm getting the same, running Firefox on Linux. Left half of window is gray with user info and avatar, all of the text is squeezed into the right 50% of the window.

Also, just noticed while composing this reply, the 'Submit' and 'Preview' buttons are solid blue blocks with no text until I hover over them with the mouse... then they turn black with text.

Ditto for all of the buttons in edit mode (Save/Advanced/Delete/Cancel).

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Admins, this isn't mobile, nor is it desktop friendly. This new coding, features, layout needs to go. Revert it back to the old way, please. For the love of god, please revert it back. When half of the usable space on a desktop is taken up by a box for the username, that is a serious issue. Hell, I'm in my mid 30's right now, but I feel like I need some freaking hardcore grandpa glasses, even after LASIK surgery to read a thread for more than about 30 seconds on a desktop. It is really that bad.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    It was doing the same for me on my Mac laptop, fixed it by resetting Safari, clearing all website data and cookies, now I got to try to remember all my passwords.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Why does something need a new design when it works fine??? Old site was just fine for the past years. New site has issues as stated above. Sometimes "newer" isn't "better".

It's just growing pains.

The mobile always setting needs to be corrected.

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I wish you guys would go back and read the tone of your responses.

Rather than rationally posting reports of legitimate concerns with the understanding that this is an ongoing process of refining a platform that had been nearly totally ignored for the last 3-4 years, you're posting like a bunch of whiny little bitches.

Here's my message - sign off and don't sign back on if you can't understand that this is part of a larger effort to improve the site and that upgrading this aging platform to a more current standard is going to take time.

You're not reporting issues so that they can be addressed, you're complaining about stupid little variances in spacing of fields and then acting like it's some sort of permanent status that no one will ever address.

It's no wonder that the site staff feels little like doing anything around here anymore with these shitty attitudes.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Why does something need a new design when it works fine??? Old site was just fine for the past years. New site has issues as stated above. Sometimes "newer" isn't "better".

No...it did not work "fine". You guys don't see the backdoor problems that we have been dealing with for at least the last 24 months. This place has been on life support and it has been very labor intensive on the part of the site staff to keep the respirator on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom