• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    QfYURSOW6r31sgo52DInL0_Z_C9xE_n7Yx74UJoyyfAAwQIRTl3Ebi-AUNQWyet-LTqgKCtg3oCeiB7PynH8aBklNxtKUaaxwk1lv3JakM6Rgf0kz9FUkJ6JSH7izdGLgb0BTfzcZawu2_dk1Sjm1eBEtJy26k0bG4ZPF9u2eBwmX14x27HbL_COYNRVpS_TzfSFrXQIxMbN5cMvs8b2sVP7DzlyQVpTnVmS_MjtfJFEfrGCqvj0GjeOzxCb_PmjO1JYdGx6FUkVvMKdrkMKEhCzoaEsCAyq9-aQeRh2DAiFi9tA2ZJq0dhgSbnL1gnjp1cozgelnFOxXW1J8DCVhHMt6WwFVzFZUc1m82Xp6bO6imDeTktBXNdStOwjD0wJc_K-l-jEn7m5gVFgQni6ebtvBDRL6ZXZUKPisoeDn748R1TIEwNvXocmLL6SJb-i7z3gMLfhvqAZteJdPlIX2Qz5sgzHhg7wV3E91mFKeSlqMEuYAb7XCuL2Ufc5Z92jxwqgYzJMIiTiqAGZYJWy-5QFt-SpPfrZsL5PPxfFyGGd7JWT4CDySsVogmTfObbkoK3N=w1636-h920-no

signature images and smilies are giant on FF.

Feb 28, 2013
    I wish you guys would go back and read the tone of your responses.

Rather than rationally posting reports of legitimate concerns with the understanding that this is an ongoing process of refining a platform that had been nearly totally ignored for the last 3-4 years, you're posting like a bunch of whiny little bitches.

Here's my message - sign off and don't sign back on if you can't understand that this is part of a larger effort to improve the site and that upgrading this aging platform to a more current standard is going to take time.

You're not reporting issues so that they can be addressed, you're complaining about stupid little variances in spacing of fields and then acting like it's some sort of permanent status that no one will ever address.

It's no wonder that the site staff feels little like doing anything around here anymore with these shitty attitudes.
    What yer doin' is appreciated, and it's necessity is understood.

We just went through all this on my other home when we had to upgrade to Xenforo there.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    weird....not seeing anything out of the ordinary there from this end.

Can you try another browser and see if it continues?

Here you go for what he's talking about. Win7 64 bit Pro, latest Firefox, ASUS based desktop. FWIW still looks like it did last week on Android running Forum Runner (PS- that works just fine as is).

Will test in Chrome on this system and edit this post to report.

Looks better in Chrome without the huge sig line issue but still not great.

Attachments

• norton.jpg
      norton.jpg
      45 KB · Views: 407

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Here you go for what he's talking about. Win7 64 bit Pro, latest Firefox, ASUS based desktop. FWIW still looks like it did last week on Android running Forum Runner (PS- that works just fine as is).

Kevin is aware of the issue. I'm sure it's something that will be addressed shortly.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Are these problems that we can fix by throwing money at it? I think it could be a good time to have an MDS money drive. It wouldn't take more than a donation of $10 for each contributor and we could help out with this and future issues.

Just a thought!

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    The height of the rows between threads seems to be related to one of the columns being too narrow to allow everything to be displayed on the correct lines, which means it forces extra lines in each row.

Should be addressed soon.

On the "New Posts" page it looks like the narrow column is the "Last Post" date/time. I'm sure it is being addressed though.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Attachments

• Columns.png
      Columns.png
      19 KB · Views: 408

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Are these problems that we can fix by throwing money at it? I think it could be a good time to have an MDS money drive. It wouldn't take more than a donation of $10 for each contributor and we could help out with this and future issues.

Just a thought!

Not a money issue. :thumbsup:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    On the "New Posts" page it looks like the narrow column is the "Last Post" date/time. I'm sure it is being addressed though.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Agreed.. widen that column a tad to eliminate some of the text wrap and it'll help..

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co

Yea, I see the same... running Win7 Pro on a laptop using Pale Moon to access most forums.. just a little minor tweaking and it'll all be good. :thumbsup:

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    The new format is growing on me. Despite all the bitching, I think almost everyone here appreciates the hard work y'all put into the site.
    FWIW, I don't see the last post info on my android with Chrome. The bad thing about that is I pretty much can't use the IP thread anymore. Thanks!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The new format is growing on me. Despite all the bitching, I think almost everyone here appreciates the hard work y'all put into the site.
    FWIW, I don't see the last post info on my android with Chrome. The bad thing about that is I pretty much can't use the IP thread anymore. Thanks!

Are you saying that you don't see this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 7.08.57 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 7.08.57 AM.png
      4.8 KB · Views: 244

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Please test for 'traditional' browser users

I'm sure that there are more than a 'few' non-mobile users left who have been struggling to adapt to the changes, myself being one. I do use Tapatalk on my mobile phone, but I rarely input from that device.

Since I'm on Win7 and don't plan to 'upgrade' to Win10 and 'Edge' anytime soon, could you at least test with IE and other desktop browsers for usability changes, especially when inputting ?

There are (or at least were) methods to test for mobile vs. desktop users and context switch the format. That may be too complex to implement here, but some middle ground needs to be accommodated.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    QfYURSOW6r31sgo52DInL0_Z_C9xE_n7Yx74UJoyyfAAwQIRTl3Ebi-AUNQWyet-LTqgKCtg3oCeiB7PynH8aBklNxtKUaaxwk1lv3JakM6Rgf0kz9FUkJ6JSH7izdGLgb0BTfzcZawu2_dk1Sjm1eBEtJy26k0bG4ZPF9u2eBwmX14x27HbL_COYNRVpS_TzfSFrXQIxMbN5cMvs8b2sVP7DzlyQVpTnVmS_MjtfJFEfrGCqvj0GjeOzxCb_PmjO1JYdGx6FUkVvMKdrkMKEhCzoaEsCAyq9-aQeRh2DAiFi9tA2ZJq0dhgSbnL1gnjp1cozgelnFOxXW1J8DCVhHMt6WwFVzFZUc1m82Xp6bO6imDeTktBXNdStOwjD0wJc_K-l-jEn7m5gVFgQni6ebtvBDRL6ZXZUKPisoeDn748R1TIEwNvXocmLL6SJb-i7z3gMLfhvqAZteJdPlIX2Qz5sgzHhg7wV3E91mFKeSlqMEuYAb7XCuL2Ufc5Z92jxwqgYzJMIiTiqAGZYJWy-5QFt-SpPfrZsL5PPxfFyGGd7JWT4CDySsVogmTfObbkoK3N=w1636-h920-no

signature images and smilies are giant on FF.

You can go into your user CP and deselect "show signatures" in options; at least for now that will eliminate the giant impose sig's of other members...

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    Firefox 100% image width issue.

The full-width scaling of images in Firefox appears to be controlled by the img.inlineimg style in this stylesheet:

/images/SultanThemeVB3R/css/st-responsive-default.css

(lines 554-562) said:
    /*-- firefox only --*/
    @-moz-document url-prefix() {
    .postbitcontrol img,
    .postbitcontrol2 img,
    .postbitcontrol2 .fieldset img,
    .postbitcontrol2 img.inlineimg {
    width: 100%;
    }
    }
    After using the developer tools style editor to comment out the img.inlineimg width statement, everything looks normal again. No more 16x16 smilies and other small images smeared across the screen.

That's a pretty weird thing to have in the theme. It implies that it was never tested with Firefox prior to release. There's a bunch more "width:100%" in that stylesheet that may contribute to other visual issues, but I'm not really up for debugging CSS right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom