• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I agree with Protege, the mobile version Im stuck with now is far less user friendly than being able to just use the desktop version on my phone. Also the request desktop doesnt work for me either.

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    the new mobile version ain't working so hot on my Android either. Makes me do a lot of scrolling and button clicking to get to what originally was one click. Sorry I can't show an image.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Mobile version (99% of my time on MDS) is blocky and not as easy as before on my I pad. I wish I could switch to desk top mode. My I phone really sucks, almost not even worth logging in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      37 KB · Views: 288

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Tapatalk seems to be working smoothly since the updates (and was working fine for me before the updates - other than Tapatalk inherent quirks).

Chrome and Safari appearance on a laptop is aesthetically blocky, but doesn't impede the browsing experience. That floating black arrow on the bottom right is a bit of a distraction though and not especially useful.

Can't comment on (haven't explored) mobile web browsing issues though regarding other problems noted above.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    There needs to be an option to always display the desktop site. Always displaying the mobile site on tablets makes no sense at all.

I agree with the other folks that the floating up arrow needs to be removed. "Go to Top" buttons disappeared from Web pages in the late 90's.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    New version is way less appealing on chrome on Android. Losing the navigation links is annoying but the bigger problem is not being able to zoom out. I can't see the right 1/4 of the screen in vertical viewing.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Also not a fan of the optical changes. The spacing between thread links to be more mobile friendly is quite annoying in a regular browser. Just doesn't look right.

The pictures running off the screen on mobile is also an issue as well.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Maybe its my deja vu, but used to be the "last post read" would stay sync'ed between the browser and tapatalk. Seems now, with mobile browser, I'm seeing some threads come up as "new" when I know I've read the last post in tapatalk and vice versa.

Not that its a problem - some things are worth readin again and what has been seen can not be unseen...

Feb 28, 2013
    OK, so we are all done updating the site to be mobile friendly. Will not get into again why that was vital. To start most know Google required it so to speak last year.

Please use this thread to report any issues at all and only issues. We will Then comb through it and make changes. Please keep the posts here to only errors you see, will make it easier when we make fixes. I have noted a few so far. Please attach screenshots if you can.

Tapatalk was also way out of date, it was updated as well, please report any issues. Thanks everyone for their patience. We will get it all cleaned up. As most can see our goal was to keep site as it looked before. This actually made the process twice as hard however keeps the place as everyone likes it.

I gotta give ya this much. It seems to be faster. :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Browsing from a computer, in thread list modes, there's so much unused white space, that it's almost blinding. Perhaps this is a transitional issue.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I'm on my phone most of the time too. Not being able to exit movie view is not great. The biggest thing I miss is seeing who posted to a thread last. I don't like using the ignore list, I just look to see who it was who posted.

But dropping some of that stuff might be what makes it faster for SlingBlade and others.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I like the new Homepage (new posts including WC!). But does it list the WaterCooler for non-members too?

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Browsing from a computer, in thread list modes, there's so much unused white space, that it's almost blinding. Perhaps this is a transitional issue.

Looks like ass on a desktop for sure. Then there's that annoying blob with an up arrow on the right.

Works no different in Forum Runner on Android though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom