• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Comments posted!

Thank-you for the attention to our cause! How many times must we hear stories of peoples’ homes being invaded, people being held up coming out of Arundel Mills mall, liquor store & convienience store workers being shot during robberies.The police cannot be everywhere to protect us, don’t we have the right to protect ourselves?

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    From what i'm reading this will be an unorganized event.........just show up (time?) in Annapolis and walk the City with a empty Holster??????

How about a Parade to and around the Gov's Mansion???

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    From what i'm reading this will be an unorganized event.........just show up (time?) in Annapolis and walk the City with a empty Holster??????

don't MSP hang around there? could be a good thing, could be a bad thing..

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Wow, the two extremes...

Lets make a big statement,

and lets not get too noticed,

don't MSP hang around there? could be a good thing, could be a bad thing..

The very heart of our problems here in Maryland.

If you have been following the birth of the Open Holster Day Protest you will see all of this has been discussed and addressed.

If you want an "In Your Face" protest, only a few people will show up. They will be wearing combat boots, camouflaged gear and waving signs. While I personaly love this stuff, the general public will fear you and you will lose support. If the Press gives you any coverage, it will be negative.

So how do you create and build support from the ranks? How do you get 500 supporters at the next CCW hearing?

You need a plan. Build a strong foundation and it will support your house for many years to come.

The 1st Open Holster Day Protest is trying to do the following:

1) Desensitize the public and LEO's to our presence and views.

This is NOT accomplished by shoving a sign in someone’s face and chanting slogans.

This is accomplished by being out and about as part of the community.

2) Desensitize gun owners who suffer from the dreaded "Battered Gun Owners Syndrome", so they feel safe to voice their views in public.

This is NOT accomplished by sitting at home and being afraid to let anyone know you are a gun owner.

This is accomplished by being out and about as part of the community.

This Saturday is the 1st Open Holster Day Protest. Once everyone (the public AND protestors) realizes that we are safe and secure while protesting, we take it up a notch with the 2nd Open Holster Day Protest. We continue this trend right up into the next legislative session. With any luck we will have nurtured a workable relationship with the general public, the LEO community and the Press. All of this is an absolute NECESSITY to accomplishing our goals... not just Shall Issue CCW, but a relaxation or repeal of all of Maryland’s bad gun laws.

Come join us. Leave the chip on your shoulder and/or your fears at home. We are tired of being shut-ins and being afraid to stand up for our beliefs and freedoms. We are starting all over again in Maryland, one small step at a time.

-Boxcab

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Tis true. Many people, particularly in Maryland where guns have NOT been part of the culture for a few generations, see many of us a yahoos. We need to show that we are people indistinguishable from any other person just having a nice day in Annapolis. The more people push the limits, the more
    we make their cases for them. We should all be on our best behavior, acting as if we actually listened to all the things our mom's told us.

jwalker3181

Aspiring Zombie Hunter
    Sep 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    So besides me and he person I'm bringing what is the count looking like? Seems like we should have quite a few, I'm just curious as to the actual numbers

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I would like to go to this, but I'm not sure if I will be able to yet. I would also try to bring some friends with me too. If I do go, should I wear a regular holster that people would normally carry with? Right now all I have is a tactical drop leg holster (go ahead and laugh, I use it for airsoft), but I don't think that would be the best thing to wear in public for something like this. If I can go, would it best best to get a more normal holster that I could also use if I'm able to carry sometime later too?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    So besides me and he person I'm bringing what is the count looking like? Seems like we should have quite a few, I'm just curious as to the actual numbers

On the Facebook page 17 have stated they are comming with 23 maybes, but this does not include their family and friends and since some people here on MDShooters are not on Facebook or who did not get on that page have said they are going the number is larger and there are at least a few people outside of MDShooters and Facebook I met personally who have said they may show.

I estimate the number from between 40 and......heck, who knows, we might get a much larger crowd than we could guess because the message is getting out in some media now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My wife and I will be there. I am on the phone with her now. I'm not sure if I can talk her into wearing a holster. I only have IWB holsters, and one paddle holster. I'll be wearing the paddle holster. If I can find one of those ID holders that you wear around your neck I will have my MD permit around my neck just to make people jealous. I wish my FL permit was in, I think that sends a stronger message that other states will trust us to carry, but our own don't I hope people will ask me why I have a permit, it surprises people that doctors are a "special category". Look forward to putting some faces to screen names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom