• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Boxcab is out of town at the moment, but I am sure once he gets back he can answer your question.

Hello from Connecticut... not a gun shop for 50 miles!

I see no problem with hanging a permit, or copy there of, around your neck. As long as it looks as innocent as a typical office badge or name tag. Come on out and join us.

We are only a week away from our protest!

-Boxcab

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hello from Connecticut... not a gun shop for 50 miles!

I see no problem with hanging a permit, or copy there of, around your neck. As long as it looks as innocent as a typical office badge or name tag. Come on out and join us.

We are only a week away from our protest!

-Boxcab

I think he meant the permit Annapolis issued for the protest.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I think he meant the permit Annapolis issued for the protest.
    :beer: :innocent0

Ahhhh.... too many beers and the blender has not stopped in days! (Where is that Party Smiley?)

I will copy the permit and have those available if you would like one. The best line of action would be my cell phone number and I will make that available as well. I have the cell phone number of the Officers I have talked to so any confusion can be quickly solved. I do not expect any problems, but will post later this week a guide to be used just in case. Let me rephrase that... There will not be any problems if everyone wears an empty holster, but, I will post a guide for those who would like one.

-Boxcab

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Give this guy's blog some love....maybe it will help spread the word....

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2009/07/23/carry-permits-for-weapons/

Comment posted:

It's interesting to note that over 40 of our sister states have "shall issue" or other carry laws that allow law abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon to defend themselves and their families. There has been no "wild west" shoot out in any of these states. Law abiding citizen are just that, Law Abiding.

People in these “shall issue” States that choose to carry a concealed weapon go through a background check and are typically required to take a training course in firearms handling. Upon meeting those requirements they are issued a carry permit. There are extensive reports that show these armed citizens have been able to thwart crimes and protect themselves and others by having a concealed weapon with them. Often without ever having to fire a shot.

Each year several bills are introduced in Maryland, some with over 40 co-sponsors, which would repeal the requirement that a Maryland Citizen provide "good and substantial" proof that he or she has a requirement to protect themselves. Every year these bills get tabled or "desk drawer vetoed" by the chairmen of the House and Senate Judiciary committees before they can even receive a fair hearing.

It's time Maryland recognizes that as human beings and citizens of this great nation we have the inherent right to protect ourselves. It's time for Maryland to live up to it's nickname "The Free State" and join the majority of our sister states and commonwealths in enacting a "shall issue" carry permit law.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    as luck would have it, we had a home inspection and the well went dry during said inspection. that means we are going to settle in the middle of august, not july 31st (would have knocked us out of the august 1st event) which means heres another two MSI members who will be there. we are looking forward to meeting you folks, cheers, woody.

alpo

Dec 12, 2008
    I will have some extra hand outs for any one that wants them. The only bad thing is that they are on 2 pages.:banghead:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Maryland Gazette Picks up on our protest-

Here

Only 6 days away. We need a good turn out to make sure the little attention we have gained is not lost. Remember that we need to build and grow this effort right up to the next hearings.

Step up and join us.

-Boxcab

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom