• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Uh, congrats? Post wasn't directed toward you. Some folks buy Miroku built firearms (nice Brownings come out of that factory), some folks buy Ubertis, and some folks buy Rossis. None of the above are US made. At the same time, some folks avoid post-63, US made Winchesters or even modern Marlins/Marlingtons. If it's a limited production or hard to find new lever gun, I'll post in this thread for those that might be looking. Shopping for used guns is a whole other enterprise.

Taylor/Uberti 1873 Trapper model with a pistol grip and 18-inch octagonal barrel in 357 for a pretty penny ($1100) ...

http://grabagun.com/taylors-and-company-inc-2012-1873-trp-lvr-oct-357-18.html

0877c2a179bd15b100facc7e1ea99baf.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks for the link. Didn't notice this issue with my 1873, but will retry when I get a chance later. Looks like many of the CAS rifles need retuning for optimal performance. Not sure if Taylor fixes the issue noted for the Ubertis before distribution.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Even with the price being what it is, the 73 is the most popular rifle in SASS. With that said, I'm probably not going to get one, I'd prefer the 66 and have that short-stroked along with my Iron Framed 60.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They're less common, and Uberti recently was the only one putting them out for the 1873 (for which Uberti has so many customizable options). But Winchester announced they will also be releasing some 1873s with a pistol grip soon ...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=027C&mid=534229

And I believe in the Jan 2015 issue of American Rifleman, Navy Arms already has a tricked out version to release (they buy the Miroku rifles, upgrade the wood, tuning, etc). Pricey though, something like $2500 when they're done, but the product is gorgeous.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Navy Arms uses Turnbull to make the CCH really pop. I might be sending my Winchester 92 to Turnbull to make the receiver pretty. But that's down the road a ways.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Wasn't Taylor's supposed to send you a shipping label?

They did, it's my ability to get to a Fedex depot that's the problem. The closest one is in Alexandria, which means I have to go to work, go home, then get to Alexandria to drop it off. I miss being able to store a firearm in my vehicle but that's not happening where I work now.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Although I'm not a cowboy action shooter, it's one of my favorite threads on this board irrespective of which subforum it's in. Helpful posters and great content. :thumbsup:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm surprised the number of folks here who own firearms but don't shoot competitions. Shooting and moving are way more fun versus shooting just one paper target.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What you meant to write.

Yes! :)

I'm surprised the number of folks here who own firearms but don't shoot competitions. Shooting and moving are way more fun versus shooting just one paper target.

For me, I have a wife who works most weekends with a little guy in my charge. Eventually this schedule will be adjusted. Until then, I'm learning and, when given the chance, shooting paper here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom