• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Hopefully, we'll be able to have our 1st match of the season at Jefferson on the 21st. Need the driveway that leads down to the town/range to thaw out.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My Running Iron is now at Taylor's shop. I have no idea what the turnaround would be, as I need a new cylinder in the proper caliber. I'm hoping that they can get it done soon, but I suspect they'll need a cylinder shipped from Italy to do it.

Viper21773

Jan 17, 2009
    Hagerstown
    Hopefully, we'll be able to have our 1st match of the season at Jefferson on the 21st. Need the driveway that leads down to the town/range to thaw out.

I'm sure it will thaw if the forecast is right...then the question will be if it dries out enough.

Picked a date for your next "Nostalgia Match"?
    Lookin' forward to it :bannana:

Viper21773

Jan 17, 2009
    Hagerstown
    My Running Iron is now at Taylor's shop. I have no idea what the turnaround would be, as I need a new cylinder in the proper caliber. I'm hoping that they can get it done soon, but I suspect they'll need a cylinder shipped from Italy to do it.

Everything I've heard of Taylor's has been positive, so I hope you have a speedy fix.
    I need to make a trip to their showroom, but I know It will cost me.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Everything I've heard of Taylor's has been positive, so I hope you have a speedy fix.
    I need to make a trip to their showroom, but I know It will cost me.

It's not at nice as their showroom, but their display at the Chantilly Gun Show is pretty impressive. I'm really hoping it's only two weeks, but at least I'll have the revolver I want in the caliber I want.

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Yep.
    You had talked about maybe a spring and fall retro match.

After the Sept. match, I talked to a lot of the shooters about how they liked it. Everyone had a blast, but the consensus was; 2 a year would be over kill.
    Personally, I would like 2 a year but as an MD, I have to go with what makes most of the shooters happy if I want them to come back and shoot with us.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    This Sunday is the first match of the year for the Pepper Mill Creek Gang. I have ONE working cartridge revolver and two C&B revolvers but no holsters. If the fine folks at Taylor's can get my Running Iron back to me this week, I'll be going.

Viper21773

Jan 17, 2009
    Hagerstown
    This Sunday is the first match of the year for the Pepper Mill Creek Gang. I have ONE working cartridge revolver and two C&B revolvers but no holsters. If the fine folks at Taylor's can get my Running Iron back to me this week, I'll be going.

Too bad you're not closer, you could use a pair of my Vaqueros, as long as you don't mind 44's :D

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Hey Red Eye
    Is Jefferson shooting or having mud-wrestling this weekend?

I'm going up the club this Thursday to check out the range. I'll put out an Outlaws group email and Roo will put out a group email to let everyone know what the call is by Thursday evening.
    The area's calling for some snow on Fri., that has me concerned also.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Too bad you're not closer, you could use a pair of my Vaqueros, as long as you don't mind 44's :D

My two 44-40s are needing of some smithing, and the Running Iron is in 44-40. And one of my 32-20s is down, too. I'm wondering if Atlantic Firearms in Rockville has a long BP holster in stock. Need to call them.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I got an email back from Taylor's yesterday. They had to get a new cylinder from Uberti, which should be at their shop next week. So to recap, no SASS or 3-Gun this weekend. Feh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom