• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 11, 2012
    I plan on hitting Myrtle Grove for the first time in the next couple of days. I remember seeing something about shooters not needed to bring sandbags or other rests, but I want to make sure I bring everything I need for a good pre-hunting sight-in. How are the benches set up at MG?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If you have your own rest and bags, bring them - the benches only have wood blocks to use as a rest.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I plan on hitting Myrtle Grove for the first time in the next couple of days. I remember seeing something about shooters not needed to bring sandbags or other rests, but I want to make sure I bring everything I need for a good pre-hunting sight-in. How are the benches set up at MG?

Be sure to take a bath towel or something to put over the wooden rests they provide. Otherwise you'll scratch up your gun. The rests are basic 2x6 construction. Nothing fancy. An inexpensive, or even home built gun rest would be to more advantage than the rests provided. I have a homebuilt rifle rest and a homebuilt pistol rest I use.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Be sure to take a bath towel or something to put over the wooden rests they provide. Otherwise you'll scratch up your gun.

I do the same, and I also throw down a towel on the table to protect the rifles from being scratched up the the errant staples and brass stuck in the tables. Then again, I'm anal retentive about that sort of thing.:innocent0

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I do the same, and I also throw down a towel on the table to protect the rifles from being scratched up the the errant staples and brass stuck in the tables. Then again, I'm anal retentive about that sort of thing.:innocent0

I always have my leatherman and sometimes find myself sitting there during a cold pulling a million staples out of the table top. . .:sad20: . . .and I still put towels down most of the time.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

I'm right there with you. I keep my case on the table so I can lay my guns on the padded case. I think your plan is excellent.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I always have my leatherman and sometimes find myself sitting there during a cold pulling a million staples out of the table top. . .:sad20: . . .and I still put towels down most of the time.

The staples in the table top are usually really close to the paper that states "don't use staples"...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    The bright side to Sandy? I should have no trouble getting a bench today. :)

I think someone should sneak down there one night on a secret mission to drill some 2" holes in each table so we can sneak some beach umbrellas in the place. If they'd build a roof over the joint... I won't say any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom