• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Sorry bud, but I know who he was picking those up for... ;)

I'll share them though, I'm tripping over bags of brass right now.

well.. got plenty of space on my workshop floor... dont want you to hurt yourself and i'll be happy to clear some of them bags.. :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm sure..., it's for my safety after all... ;)

Got to watch out for Al's range pickings though, he doesn't leave the small primer's out, so there is a bit of sorting to do when he gives brass away.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Best time to visit the range

Could you guys that frequent the range a lot tell me when is the best time to show up to avoid crowds and idiots? Assuming you could go any time you wanted.
    Thanks.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Could you guys that frequent the range a lot tell me when is the best time to show up to avoid crowds and idiots? Assuming you could go any time you wanted.
    Thanks.

When its closed:D

Sorry my inner smartass is showing a little today.

Days that aren't perfect weather tend to be pretty good. If you can stand a little rain or snow while shooting. If the weathers good its hit or miss, you never know who and how many are going to show up.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    When its closed:D

Sorry my inner smartass is showing a little today.

Days that aren't perfect weather tend to be pretty good. If you can stand a little rain or snow while shooting. If the weathers good its hit or miss, you never know who and how many are going to show up.

Ive gone a few times in pouring rain just to have the range to myself:D:thumbsup:

Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    Yeah I went a few times last year when it was drizzling out, and it was me and a good ole boy shooting in his hunting rifles and plinking with a .22

Meyerk84

Oct 18, 2012
    New to area, when does this range shut down for the year? Or does it even close for the cold season. Looking for a place not to far to shoot for a cheap price.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :thumbsup: or maybe longer depends on how much cleanup/fixing they need to do.

Yep.

Last time they closed for 2 extra weeks (IIRC), to repair all the damage done by jackwagons that don't care about what they're shooting at. :mad54:

With that said, for the newer people that haven't been there before -

Keep your target within the orange mesh on the stand, you can use cardboard as a backer, provided it's within the mesh. Clothespins are provided, please don't staple targets to the stands - if anything, bring duct tape. That doesn't damage the stands.

Keep your stand away from the columns - if it means eye-balling the location from your shooting position to make sure it's clear, please do so.

And if you haven't been there before, Please - read the rules, and follow them. Thank you.

Getting off my soapbox now...

I'm hoping for this weekend, I still got that Surefire mag to test out, and some new loads to test/evaluate.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I think we should plan a "MDS Clay Shoot" one weekend.

Everybody bring a box of clays and some boxes of shells and pile them up and we just have a big round table of revolving shooters. No competitions. No issues. Hot Dogs and sodas all around. Hell we can throw some hot dogs in the clay thrower too.
    SPLAT...:D

Maybe MDS can supply a couple items from the Store and we can have a small contest for the guy / gal who shoots the most in a row gets a t-shirt, hat, or something of some kind.

Shoot until you miss and then the next shooter steps on the deck.

That way if you suck. you set. Rule is simple. :party29:

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Yep.

Last time they closed for 2 extra weeks (IIRC), to repair all the damage done by jackwagons that don't care about what they're shooting at. :mad54:

With that said, for the newer people that haven't been there before -

Keep your target within the orange mesh on the stand, you can use cardboard as a backer, provided it's within the mesh. Clothespins are provided, please don't staple targets to the stands - if anything, bring duct tape. That doesn't damage the stands.

Keep your stand away from the columns - if it means eye-balling the location from your shooting position to make sure it's clear, please do so.

And if you haven't been there before, Please - read the rules, and follow them. Thank you.

Getting off my soapbox now...

I'm hoping for this weekend, I still got that Surefire mag to test out, and some new loads to test/evaluate.

The DNR guy (big beard, Dan?) was out there on Sunday setting everyone straight on the rules. It was helpful to get some first-hand thoughts from him on proper etiquette and the stuff he has to deal with.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I think we should plan a "MDS Clay Shoot" one weekend.

Everybody bring a box of clays and some boxes of shells and pile them up and we just have a big round table of revolving shooters. No competitions. No issues. Hot Dogs and sodas all around. Hell we can throw some hot dogs in the clay thrower too.
    SPLAT...:D

Maybe MDS can supply a couple items from the Store and we can have a small contest for the guy / gal who shoots the most in a row gets a t-shirt, hat, or something of some kind.

Shoot until you miss and then the next shooter steps on the deck.

That way if you suck. you set. Rule is simple. :party29:

I like the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom