• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I'm not in a place to listen to it, but Frosh was on WYPR this morning talking about gun control
    http://wypr.org/post/new-maryland-attorney-general-brian-frosh-budgets-and-gun-control

I just listened, and he was actually more restrained on the FSA that I thought he would be. He essentially said the Attorney General has little to do with enforcing the gun laws, that it's mostly a matter for local State's Attorneys. The one issue he mentioned that he thinks his office might be involved in is the new record-keeping rules for FFLs.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A 2nd term, that is it . I am saying we will not do anything for gun rights.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3596163&postcount=48

Not sure if you've been following in detail, but there is more than a little optimism that there will be action on 2A.

It will be slow, and mostly quiet, but certainly we can expect it over the next 2-3 years. It's just not the #1 priority right now.

Besides... he is on record as saying that a 2nd term may not happen, if he can't pull off the fixes that are needed.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A man of few words. Averaging a little over 2 per year :lol:

Reminds me of this monk who joined a monastery, where all speaking was prohibited - except they were allowed 2 words every 10 years. After 10 years, the head of the monastery asked the monk if he would like to say anything. He replied, "food cold". 10 more years went by, and it was time for his next two words. He spoke, "bed hard". After a further 10 years, the monk was asked to say his two words. He said "I quit." The head of the monastery looked up from his desk and said, "I'm not surprised one bit. You've done nothing but complain ever since you got here."

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    Reminds me of this monk who joined a monastery, where all speaking was prohibited - except they were allowed 2 words every 10 years. After 10 years, the head of the monastery asked the monk if he would like to say anything. He replied, "food cold". 10 more years went by, and it was time for his next two words. He spoke, "bed hard". After a further 10 years, the monk was asked to say his two words. He said "I quit." The head of the monastery looked up from his desk and said, "I'm not surprised one bit. You've done nothing but complain ever since you got here."

Lol..

Cyra

Mrs. Glaron
    Feb 4, 2014
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3596163&postcount=48

Not sure if you've been following in detail, but there is more than a little optimism that there will be action on 2A.

It will be slow, and mostly quiet, but certainly we can expect it over the next 2-3 years. It's just not the #1 priority right now.

Besides... he is on record as saying that a 2nd term may not happen, if he can't pull off the fixes that are needed.

Have to agree with you. It's pretty clear in the first couple of minutes of the interview that he feels what got him elected was the tax situation (taxpayer revolt) and it has his top priority.

All one has to do is look south and you have a state with with what about 22 top Fortune 500 companies and Maryland has what, 3 or 4 left?

Maryland has to wake up and get this state more attractive to these corporations so the average middle class taxpayer stops taking it in the backside.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Have to agree with you. It's pretty clear in the first couple of minutes of the interview that he feels what got him elected was the tax situation (taxpayer revolt) and it has his top priority.

All one has to do is look south and you have a state with with what about 22 top Fortune 500 companies and Maryland has what, 3 or 4 left?

Maryland has to wake up and get this state more attractive to these corporations so the average middle class taxpayer stops taking it in the backside.

Wake up to the new reality: MD's new motto: Why go thru middlemen when you can suck directly from the cow

Mr H

Banana'd
    While Hogan must play things according to statewide priorities, that doesn't mean WE have to.

I'll be starting a thread in the next few days (in the WC), to start going over some simple yet effective things we may be able to do through bending the legislators' ears.

It'll be an opportunity to make some new friends in the GA, get the attention of new folks who might not agree with us, and chip away at some little things that will make the 2A world in MD more livable, until we can go after the "big ticket" items later.

Back to eating that elephant........

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I just listened, and he was actually more restrained on the FSA that I thought he would be. He essentially said the Attorney General has little to do with enforcing the gun laws, that it's mostly a matter for local State's Attorneys. The one issue he mentioned that he thinks his office might be involved in is the new record-keeping rules for FFLs.

And he's so very right. I've posted on other occasions that we get too excited about the AG as it relates to prosecution and enforcement of gun laws. We should be much more concerned with who is elected as the state's attorney for your county, because that is who is going to make the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom