• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sometimes I think Maryland has been without CC so long that they couldn't handle it if it WAS passed. Not people like us, but people like those in the ghetto who are tired of being stepped on by thugs that the revolving-door system protects and who would go to their guns in inappropriate situations out of utter frustration and despair.

There would be a lot of those at first...then they would taper off, of course, as people grew up and learned to be responsible with their civil rights again. But the politicians wouldn't allow that time to pass...they would point to those incidents as they happened and repeal the CC policy/laws before the citizens had a chance to mature. You know, "for the children".

As far as not trusting the "po-po"...that's been going on for a while. The days of the "neighborhood beat cop" are out the window. No more, "good morning, Mrs. Johnson...how are the kids?" "Oh hi Officer Steve...not bad, you have a good day!"

The crime culture that is pervasive in cities like Baltimore has the cops acting like animals to fight the animals. People talk about the recent "war on cops", but in places like Mobtown, the cops and the hoodlums have been at "war" for a while now.

The "communities" can't decide what's worse...to have to constantly be on their guard and walk on eggshells to not get mistaken for crooks and get harassed/arrested/roughed up by cops for petty sh!t, or to have to dodge crossfire from gang warfare and try to keep their kids away from drugs and thugs.

There is another component to this...If Hogan were to lower the G&S standard to self defense, every liberal politician in the state would be up in arms...since a large portion of the city population would not qualify as convicted felons...I can hear their squawking now....

Dec 31, 2012
    There are more than political considerations. There are financial and staffing repercussions from assigning 10 MSP officers and 44 background check clerks to investigate law abiding citizens. The legislature did not give him the 100 new MSP positions he requested. I would also expect a change in policy to result in a lot of, er, retirements. Merely waving a wand (email) to change policy without the staffing could result in astronomical wait times, which would be really no change at all, and make people even more ticked off. He still has not decided what to do about the 200 million in the budget that they bickered over.

If he takes the plunge without the right resources in place, he will just make everyone unhappy.
    :blah::blah::blah:

Those issues will be dealt with as needed but they will never be dealt with before they are actually issues which will not be the case until G&S is changed. The resources will not be allocated until the logistics problem is a reality.

There's no end to the amount of navel gazing that go on but at some point you just have to do it and deal with the consequences as they occur.

Oh, I agree. But no politician wants to be the one to "take the plunge" and acquire negative political capital over 2 or 3 "incidents" that will occur during the city's "growing pains".

Hogan isn't dragging his feet on "G&S" for no reason. He has to think about HIS future too.

Unfortunately, regardless of what "side" they are on, a career politician is a career politician. They are not motivated to make their community/state/country a better place, they are motivated to stay in office so they don't have to come back to the real world.

This is the part that pisses me off....If this is true and he is weighing his political future over the safety and security of the people he doesn't deserve to be in office. Integrity sometimes means doing what is just despite the consequences to one's self. You cannot justify one defenseless victim over a political career....period...
    Yep, but there are a lot of apologists out there willing to forgo their own rights for the sake of keeping a guy in office just because he's a republican, as if that's magical in and of itself. Why is that any different then what the democrats do and what people here constantly complain about?

Same coin, same game, same talk.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You would lose your bet....that's all i've got to say about that....gang bangers are not the only ones dealing in what this state calls "illegal" guns...There are still plenty of cash and carry deals...especially with all of this unrest. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission....especially when the law clearly states that permission is not required...

I understand your point, however I urge you to not insinuate you have first hand knowledge of felonious goings ons, on a public forum that has rules regarding this very subject. My bet was regarding the purchase from gang bangers. I understand face to face sales still occur, it would be naive to think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    No one has a problem with SAs when they work with police. No one has a problem when they go through Grand Juries and the circus that comes with that. No one has a problem with SAs when they're on the side of police, which they typically are.

Only now, when the police don't get a favorable outcome do people get all pissy.

I've said for years that an outside, neutral, third party person needs to be involve din these cases. Too many times police have gotten off, criminals have gotten off, or innocent people get locked up because of the special relationship between the SA and their local police force.

Most SAs are political creatures with their eyes on higher office. They usually want a strong record of convictions. They do not play well with law enforcement in cases where the outcome of a case is not predictably a slam dunk. This SA seems to have been more concerned about pacifying the populace and solving the near term problem of rioting. Now she doesn't have to worry about getting convictions, she can point an accusing finger at someone else, and she builds political capital to leap frog over her city councilman husband into the mayor's job.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Those issues will be dealt with as needed but they will never be dealt with before they are actually issues which will not be the case until G&S is changed. The resources will not be allocated until the logistics problem is a reality.

There's no end to the amount of navel gazing that go on but at some point you just have to do it and deal with the consequences as they occur.

Yep, but there are a lot of apologists out there willing to forgo their own rights for the sake of keeping a guy in office just because he's a republican, as if that's magical in and of itself. Why is that any different then what the democrats do and what people here constantly complain about?

Very easy to say from the comfort an armchair.

Dec 31, 2012
    Very easy to say from the comfort an armchair.
    Please spare me that ********. I'm not lounging in a lazy boy checking on my 401k. I'm the guy dragging his family from the bottom and making tough decisions about their lives on a regular basis. Our leaders are expected to make tough choices just as real leaders have always done and as normal people have to do. The founding fathers risked lives, fortunes, and families to do what's right and make things happen but nowadays we excuse leaders from hard choices on the basis that it might affect them personally. Since when did we become a nation of sniveling sycophants? Long live the king, whoever that may this time around. :sad20:

Yes, you are right..and more and more I am becoming disillusioned with him. And it has nothing to do with his 2A stance. He is pouring hard earned tax payer money into his pet project on Heroin abuse. His Lt Governor is going to Western Maryland to inform anyone who will listen about this project...Western Maryland with some of the highest unemployment numbers in the state..and they are going to lecture these people on how spending tax payer dollars on heroin addicts is a good thing...while these people are struggling to exist because businesses have left them high and dry...It's disturbs me that he won't confront the legislature and try to change the state's anti business stance, but has no problem pouring money down a hole that has existed for 50 years and cannot be fixed....

I understand your point, however I urge you to not insinuate you have first hand knowledge of felonious goings ons, on a public forum that has rules regarding this very subject. My bet was regarding the purchase from gang bangers. I understand face to face sales still occur, it would be naive to think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have LOTS of law enforcement officers in my circle of friends and family..I hear things...I see things..but nothing is first hand knowledge...If I saw what I thought was an illegal transfer of course I would drop a dime on them....after all...the law's the law right?

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    There is another component to this...If Hogan were to lower the G&S standard to self defense, every liberal politician in the state would be up in arms...since a large portion of the city population would not qualify as convicted felons...I can hear their squawking now....

I had a very similar conversation with a MORON at work this week.
    He said "I guess legal concealed carry would be helping everyone now. Could you imagine ALL THOSE RIOTERS LEGALLY ARMED.!?"
    I just looked at him for a minute. My pulse pounding into my temples.
    The people who "RIOT" and sell drugs, and gangbang in the city have been progressively F@&ing up since their early juvenile days. I bet not one of them could legally purchase yet carry a handgun.
    And who cares if the Liberal politicians want to "Squawk" about that.
    Crappy areas of Baltimore are NO DIFFERENT than other cities in States all around this nation that have made Shall Issue CC legal.
    I think a lot more of the people on this board should stop whining and complaining that this will never happen for us. And start being a little more optimistic that our state will soon follow the rest of the nation. And perhaps also look into volunteering , or otherwise helping to "spread the good word" and educate other citizens and family that this actually works. Instead of jumping on here and constantly crying that we will never have Shall Issue or Self defense carry.
    Some of you people are worse than some of my ex girlfriends. And that's BAD.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    "No one trusts the po-po"?

"Police might stand down"? On their own, or when told to? They were reportedly told to stand down. Of course the Wicomico sheriff would be willing to ignore the law and Governor's "orders", per se, when it comes to FSA2013, but is willing to stand down when the B-More mayor told him to.

The Sheriff is fully and legally able to disregard the mayor's order's if he wants to. He does not answer to her but to the citizens who elected him. IMO if he was going to take a request to stand down he should have stayed in Wicomico and let SRB deal with it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Most SAs are political creatures with their eyes on higher office. They usually want a strong record of convictions. They do not play well with law enforcement in cases where the outcome of a case is not predictably a slam dunk. This SA seems to have been more concerned about pacifying the populace and solving the near term problem of rioting. Now she doesn't have to worry about getting convictions, she can point an accusing finger at someone else, and she builds political capital to leap frog over her city councilman husband into the mayor's job.

We can only hope her ineptitude plays out against her. Her last statement regarding the arrests clearly show it was a political move and not a well thought out and substantiated move.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    This is the part that pisses me off....If this is true and he is weighing his political future over the safety and security of the people he doesn't deserve to be in office. Integrity sometimes means doing what is just despite the consequences to one's self. You cannot justify one defenseless victim over a political career....period...

True. Hogan is proving to be a coward. At least with MO we knew where we stood and that he was going to do everything he could to prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Hogan says one thing, but does absolutely nothing to indicate that what he said is anything other than a lie.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    True. Hogan is proving to be a coward. At least with MO we knew where we stood and that he was going to do everything he could to prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Hogan says one thing, but does absolutely nothing to indicate that what he said is anything other than a lie.

OK, so y'all expect miracles instantly - I get it. Two reality checks for y'all:

If Hogan expands any pro-gun policy, how is he supposed to get ANYTHING past Valerio and Mike/Mike? We would be happy until the infrastructure deteriorates even more from want of maintenance (no $$) or, for the retirees from public service, until your pension fund defaults (no $$).

As mentioned above, how long would the wait for approval be with no one to process the avalanche of applications?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    OK, so y'all expect miracles instantly - I get it. Two reality checks for y'all:

If Hogan expands any pro-gun policy, how is he supposed to get ANYTHING past Valerio and Mike/Mike? We would be happy until the infrastructure deteriorates even more from want of maintenance (no $$) or, for the retirees from public service, until your pension fund defaults (no $$).

As mentioned above, how long would the wait for approval be with no one to process the avalanche of applications?

Guess what it doesn't matter what he does they are not going to work with him.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

those three would not work with Hogan if Hogan just gave them the states checkbook. they just wont.

and the infrastructure in md has been falling apart since the late 70's, I don't see that getting fixed very fast , if at all.

I believe many pro 2a people here are now just making excuses. I hope we all haven't been erliched, I guess we just keep waiting until the next election and see.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Yes, you are right..and more and more I am becoming disillusioned with him. And it has nothing to do with his 2A stance. He is pouring hard earned tax payer money into his pet project on Heroin abuse. His Lt Governor is going to Western Maryland to inform anyone who will listen about this project...Western Maryland with some of the highest unemployment numbers in the state..and they are going to lecture these people on how spending tax payer dollars on heroin addicts is a good thing...while these people are struggling to exist because businesses have left them high and dry...It's disturbs me that he won't confront the legislature and try to change the state's anti business stance, but has no problem pouring money down a hole that has existed for 50 years and cannot be fixed....

And, today he ponied up $20,000,000 from the State Rainy Day Fund to help rebuild Baltimore. Hell, give em $50,000,000 and just level everything from the Inner Harbor northward.

Lew--Ranger63

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    "No one trusts the po-po"?

"Police might stand down"? On their own, or when told to? They were reportedly told to stand down. Of course the Wicomico sheriff would be willing to ignore the law and Governor's "orders", per se, when it comes to FSA2013, but is willing to stand down when the B-More mayor told him to.

The Sheriff is fully and legally able to disregard the mayor's order's if he wants to. He does not answer to her but to the citizens who elected him. IMO if he was going to take a request to stand down he should have stayed in Wicomico and let SRB deal with it.

The sheriff can do what he wants as his is an elected position. However, his office and department are funded through the city. The city council and mayor could defund him in a second.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    those three would not work with Hogan if Hogan just gave them the states checkbook. they just wont.

and the infrastructure in md has been falling apart since the late 70's, I don't see that getting fixed very fast , if at all.

I believe many pro 2a people here are now just making excuses. I hope we all haven't been erliched, I guess we just keep waiting until the next election and see.
    Truth

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The sheriff can do what he wants as his is an elected position. However, his office and department are funded through the city. The city council and mayor could defund him in a second.

The Sheriff being discussed here was the Wicomico County Sheriff. It says so right in the post. How is he funded by the mayor's ofc of Balt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom