• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Not many details yet on Congress.gov but the title is "To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State." We'll have to wait until the text of the bill is available to see if a MD resident can get a non-resident permit from another state (FL, for example) for carry in a third state (PA), but I'd bet it won't help MD residents in MD.

35 co-sponsors out of the gate. :drool:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not many details yet on Congress.gov but the title is "To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State." We'll have to wait until the text of the bill is available to see if a MD resident can get a non-resident permit from another state (FL, for example) for carry in a third state (PA), but I'd bet it won't help MD residents in MD.

I'm over simplifying here but I would love to see language like "A valid Handgun Carry Permit issued by any State, Commonwealth or Republic shall be recognized by all States, Commonwealths and Republics of these here 57 United States." ;)

Not sure how MD could not honor a valid NR permit from any other state if something like that were to pass.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I'm over simplifying here but I would love to see language like "A valid Handgun Carry Permit issued by any State, Commonwealth or Republic shall be recognized by all States, Commonwealths and Republics of these here 57 United States." ;)

Not sure how MD could not honor a valid NR permit from any other state if something like that were to pass.

Because the title of the bill is specifically about non-residents.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Not a chance to get past an Obama veto. We need a bill that is legislative priority for Obama with carry reciprocity attached.

We can and we just might. We need to give them something.

We could give them ubc. We could allow the permit to be a wavier of the background check. We could require all private sales to require a background check or a permit from this system.

The big O will declare victory on gun control as a key missing piece of his legacy ..

Or not. But never say never.

As he fades into the sunset his ego will ask....how can I save my legacy?

O care cluster f,,k
    FP cluster f,,k

War on terror. ..c+
    Gun control F
    Etc.

He will need a win.

UBC will pass anytime they want as per Alan Gotlieb he should know.

Now put the deal on a must pass bill. Toss in the threat of court action...season with the idea that he has to do it not H. Clinton..

And then a dash of skidish Democrats that are not in fact die hard antis and need to run in states like... Nevada. ;)

Never say never...its going to take work and strategy to do it..

But it can happen...unless we cut off our leadership at the knees for fear of what they might do...

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

almost guaranteed it'll be this scenario

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    We can and we just might. We need to give them something.

We could give them ubc. We could allow the permit to be a wavier of the background check. We could require all private sales to require a background check or a permit from this system.

The big O will declare victory on gun control as a key missing piece of his legacy ..

Or not. But never say never.

As he fades into the sunset his ego will ask....how can I save my legacy?

O care cluster f,,k
    FP cluster f,,k

War on terror. ..c+
    Gun control F
    Etc.

He will need a win.

UBC will pass anytime they want as per Alan Gotlieb he should know.

Now put the deal on a must pass bill. Toss in the threat of court action...season with the idea that he has to do it not H. Clinton..

And then a dash of skidish Democrats that are not in fact die hard antis and need to run in states like... Nevada. ;)

Never say never...its going to take work and strategy to do it..

But it can happen...unless we cut off our leadership at the knees for fear of what they might do...
    Obama's arrogance would never allow him to worry about "saving" his legacy. You must be talking about someone else. He doesn't give a sh1t what anyone thinks of him, he just rams his ideology down our collective throats by bypassing the Constitution.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Obama's arrogance would never allow him to worry about "saving" his legacy. You must be talking about someone else. He doesn't give a sh1t what anyone thinks of him, he just rams his ideology down our collective throats by bypassing the Constitution.

No he does not care what we think of him. And he does not care about the constitution because its in his way. He did o care exactly because it would be his monument..

To this day he is trying to claim he won the war on terror.. past tense.

To this day he thinks the midterm losses are someone else's fault.

Now the Democrats need to decide if he is worth the trouble. And blowback is just getting started.

Now granted the country can not be saved without a massive redo. And that will not happen until after the riots....the riots of the left..

And the save Europe that nominated him for a Nobel..let's just say he should not plan on making any high $$ speeches over there..or here for that matter.

He will write a self serving book of course.. it may even sell to the black community..

The only real question is does he realise he has failed.

His party sure does.

That makes an override possible.. not likely possible.

He is still an arogant prick, but not even Democrats want to hear from him anymore.

They are the ones taking the heat.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Even if I can't carry here on my Florida permit if it passes, it seems it would make our fight for shall issue easier since now we the tax paying residents still couldn't carry here but everybody else could. Seems to be a win if it passes.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Giving them UBC which means losing my personal property rights to possibly get carry is not a fair exchange in my mind.

To support shafting the 40 or so states who have their rights now so we may get ours is not the right course of action in my mind at all.

If they force gay marriage on the entire nation then I see no reason why this is not similar.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Plus, after last night he has made it clear he still doesn't give a crap abot the Republican elected Congress. His way or no way El Presidente.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Without seeing the bill, this could be bad or good for Marylander's.

If it says something to the effect states have to recognize validly-issued out of state carry permits, states may drop issuance of non resident permits - no longer a need to issue them (states do not issue non-resident drivers licenses). States are not going to do something that helps residents of only a few states. It could end up meaning that Marylander's must get a Maryland permit. I do not personally see the MD, NY, NJ legislatures conceding here, I see them being intractable. To ensure this does not happen it would have to force states to shall issue, which I do not see happening either.

Maybe a good thing nationally, but it could be good or bad for MDers depending on what's in it and how states adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom