• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The Attorney Generals Office has a dedicated 'Firearms Trafficking Unit' that handles most of these cases. There are even MSP troopers assigned to it I believe. These prosecutions are few and far between from what I've seen. Occasionally you will see something by a county State's Attorney but those are even rarer.

Interesting. I wonder what they are doing in that special Unit.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I believe the statistics demonstrate the Maryland State Police hardly ever file charges for straw purchases and almost never for committing perjury on firearm purchase applications.

Why even investigate crimes your not going to prosecute?

I've asked this question so many times! Left touts how many firearm purchases are stymied by non-eligible people via NICS, but seldom (if ever) do I read where the government has gone after these criminals.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Interesting. I wonder what they are doing in that special Unit.

Why, investigating the millions of illegal firearm transfers that occur in Baltimore every day, that's what.

Especially around and in titty bars and places like that.

OR

Participating in a seven-year Solitaire tournament. Best of three wins a VERY stale cake. And a case of bedbugs.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I have heard nothing since I sent mine in three weeks ago. I am waiting patiently as I called out the MSP somewhat for not applying past board decisions to current and future applicants where similarities in circumstances can be found. Example, the NSA employee who applied for personal protection and was granted a permit at the one board hearing in September. That decisions is now the basis for government employees in security positions in my eyes and every applicant who can show that should be granted a permit similar in order to run efficiently and save the board as well as citizens the time, money, as well as aggravation.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    10 days to send it in or you're screwed, 21 days later no response.........

Sounds about right.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Today is October 15th. I received an email telling me my hearing, to appeal my denial(it's actually to appeal my restrictions), is scheduled for October 20th. The letter, attached to the email, states that I have to reply 5 days prior to the hearing or I forfeit my right to be heard by the HPRB. That's the "gubment" for you!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They've got some balls with these one sided time lines. Something needs to change here, our government is broken, specifically the power the MSP has.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Son is waiting to hear on his from June. They ask for all kinds of documents and he requested his file and a hearing. He has heard nothing.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    They've got some balls with these one sided time lines. Something needs to change here, our government is broken, specifically the power the MSP has.

This came directly from the chair of the HPRB. MSP was not involved with the scheduling and issuance to my knowledge.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So we have two MDS members hearings next Tuesday?

giphy.gif

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Today is October 15th. I received an email telling me my hearing, to appeal my denial(it's actually to appeal my restrictions), is scheduled for October 20th. The letter, attached to the email, states that I have to reply 5 days prior to the hearing or I forfeit my right to be heard by the HPRB. That's the "gubment" for you!

That is some real crap sandwich, no? They give you five days notice of your date and expect an answer the same day, via email. I don't check my email but once a day, so may have been late with an answer.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    That is some real crap sandwich, no? They give you five days notice of your date and expect an answer the same day, via email. I don't check my email but once a day, so may have been late with an answer.

Pretty much. I will be addressing it. This is just one of the reasons I have had such an "unhealthy obsession" with the HPRB. People need to go through the process and scrutinize the process and correct the issues.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm in for the first Tuesday in November. My 26 week long Tuesday night obligation ends the 27th of this month. Very curious to see this dog and pony show for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom