• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have been to all but two meetings since early this year to observe. I may have some notes? I'll check. I had no interaction with the Board prior to my 12.15.15 hearing.

Edit: Sorry 10/20 was one of the meetings I missed because I was out of town on business.

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Then, we've got 5/0 overturned for an "unrestricted" permit (modification) at some point here unless I'm reading it wrong.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    9/15 Meeting Notes

Chairman called Mr. Neverdon out of the room as soon as the microphone was set up.

6 cases being reviewed.

Audio from meeting

438-87375 12/2/2014 Reason for permit: employment only. Investigating officer attempted several times to schedule the in face meeting and applicant did not respond. Incomplete application. Letter from employer stating applicant will carry personal firearm and it will be kept at residence. Jurgena asks why file was being reviewed. Applicant simply submitted request for informal review and no additional info. There is no record of an informal review or of an official appeal. An official letter from MSP was sent to the applicant of the review scheduled for today.

Jurgena motions to return the file to MSP for verification of an informal review or not. Motion seconded by Mrs. White.
    Mr. Wilson says there needs to be better definition of an informal review and appeal.

438-88203 4/1/2015 Reason for permit: works as a CPA certified fraud examiner, audits small businesses. MSP requested police reports of threats. More Snowden and Sherr from the MSP report. Mrs. White is finished reading the file and waiting for Mr. Jurgena or Wilson to make a motion. Mr. Wilson brings up that applicant does not make deposits and that the MSP requested that. Jurgena brings up that the applicant believes that he/she has a fear of danger. Chairman says other people are out there like he/she and we don’t give them permits. Mr. Jurgena motions to overturn MSP decision. Mr. Wilson seconds motion with amendment to issue permit for business activities. Jurgena states that he does not like restrictions. Mrs. White says, “ In all these years he has never had a threat or issue. All of his transactions are electronic.” Jurgena disagrees with Mrs. White. White votes to oppose the motion to reverse MSP decision. Motions dies with chairman as tie breaker.

438-87983 3/4/2015 Reason for permit: retired Baltimore City police; ’86-’12. MSP saying the applicant has waited 3 years to apply and he is eligible for a LEOSA permit. Applicant saw 2 criminals he previously arrested while out shopping in 2014. LEOSA expired because applicant could not attend renewal class. Mrs. White states applicant could have applied for MD permit upon retirement and did not. Wilson motions to overturn MSP. Jurgena seconds, White is in favor.

438-87872 Reason for permit: armed guard statewide protective services. Convicted in 2005 of possession CDS marijuana(this conviction is now not a prohibiting offense). Letter from employer verifying employment. Applicant has other state security clearance card. Jurgena motions to uphold MSP and Wilson seconds.

438-87857 2/18/2015 Reason for permit: applying for armed guard position which requires carrying ammo and handgun. Applicant convicted in VA of assault in 1992, charged of assault of family member in ’98. Respondent of a protective order in ’14 from spouse. VA governor restored applicants political rights, but not restore firearm rights. Mr. Wilson motions to uphold MSP. Mrs. White seconds.

438-80945 2/10/2014 Applicant was arrested and charged with assault; case still pending. MSP revoked permit pending court decision. Mrs. White motions to uphold until courts decide on charges. Mr. Wilson seconds.

Mr. Jurgena moves to adjourn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom