• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Hogan is adjusting a mighty machine that has been used against us for decades. Doing it thoroughly, precisely, slowly and subtly so that the Democrats and their sheep don't take notice suits me fine.

If that is what you think he's really doing,.... vs just plain nothing about it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well, good to see our Republican governor is putting Second Amendment friendly members on the review board.

Yes, that's sarcasm. Bob Ehrlich 2.0. And I predict he'll have the same result in his second election too.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well, good to see our Republican governor is putting Second Amendment friendly members on the review board.

Yes, that's sarcasm. Bob Ehrlich 2.0. And I predict he'll have the same result in his second election too.

Dayum, Zoo went there....

I believe that all the current members of the HPRB are supporters of the 2A. I also have beliefs that half of the board members view cases with a prism that reflects their gender. My asbestos suit is in the cleaners or I would elaborate more.

One thing that disturbed me happened early in the meeting when Wilson was announcing the changes regarding the former chairman resigning and stated that a replacement was being sought that met the gender and race profile of the departed member.

The Governor should be looking for the best person to fill the vacancy regardless of their gender or race.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

I believe that all the current members of the HPRB are supporters of the 2A. I also have beliefs that half of the board members view cases with a prism that reflects their gender. My asbestos suit is in the cleaners or I would elaborate more.

One thing that disturbed me happened early in the meeting when Wilson was announcing the changes regarding the former chairman resigning and stated that a replacement was being sought that met the gender and race profile of the departed member.

The Governor should be looking for the best person to fill the vacancy regardless of their gender or race.

Yeah that was pretty bogus. I don't even see how they can get away with admitting that publicly. So they've immediately ruled out any women as well as multiple ethnicities of men right off the bat?
    If that's the route they wanna go, as they discuss behind closed door, then it is what is. But to state that openly? Nuts!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There's threads upon threads of proof that the board is no longer comprised of careless, ignorant anti-gunners that preceded in administrations of past. They're not enemies. They're not rubber stamping the MSP and as a matter of fact, they've overturned them time an time again. Those are Hogan appointees overturning another agency under Hogan's purview. There's two handgun instructors, 3 permit holders, and former NSA on that board. Are they perfect? No. Are they mediocre? Not even. Has there ever been a board as pro before? Probably not.

The laws in this state need to be changed. Period. The board shouldn't even exist, but that's a byproduct of anti-constitutionalists being strong enough to pass the laws that they did decades ago. Everyone here would love for the laws to change -- but that'll take extensive amounts of campaigning, new targeted lawsuits -- which means a TON of fundraising, and getting more and more people to realize that personal protection is a benefit not to be frowned upon and making it an issue with their representatives.

For now, a board functioning more and more like it should have been all along and a MSP LD needing a swift kick is what we got -- especially when the MGA is still months away.

Instead of talking about firearms confiscation, ammo bans, more prohibited firearms, more restricted carry, expanded FOIDs, us becoming felons overnight, etc..., we're talking about at least MORE folks getting permits - some even getting restrictions removed, what new AR we're going to buy or build, what defensive ammo we're using, the next competition we're going to be in, or the next hunting trip.

Life for the MD 2A supporter could be far, far worse and the more time spent bemoaning that things didn't change overnight, the further back we'll -all- slide. We didn't get stuck with two Browns AND Frosh AND more Antis in the legislature. Year one is just now winding down and there are still two full general assemblies to get to before the next gubernatorial election and two CCW cases working their way through the courts, with the DC case in particular likely influencing MD if successful.

If our governor were up there right now telling us all to shove it or doing things to further encroach upon our rights, the constant outrage and pessimism would be far more understandable. There's no evidence whatsoever that that's being done. If things change and he does things to usurp our rights, livelihoods, and yes -- hobby, then by all means -- give him hell.

I don't doubt this rant will be responded with retorts of unicorns, squirrels, rose-tinted glasses, and other similarly vinegary statements, and that's ok. Have fun. I'll drink a beer with any of you's (except protege - f*ck that guy...)

:D

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo

Just need to find the one 2A friendly hermaphrodite in the State of MD. 2 Ladies, 2 men and .... ;)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There's threads upon threads of proof that the board is no longer comprised of careless, ignorant anti-gunners that preceded in administrations of past. They're not enemies. They're not rubber stamping the MSP and as a matter of fact, they've overturned them time an time again. Those are Hogan appointees overturning another agency under Hogan's purview. There's two handgun instructors, 3 permit holders, and former NSA on that board. Are they perfect? No. Are they mediocre? Not even. Has there ever been a board as pro before? Probably not.

The laws in this state need to be changed. Period. The board shouldn't even exist, but that's a byproduct of anti-constitutionalists being strong enough to pass the laws that they did decades ago. Everyone here would love for the laws to change -- but that'll take extensive amounts of campaigning, new targeted lawsuits -- which means a TON of fundraising, and getting more and more people to realize that personal protection is a benefit not to be frowned upon and making it an issue with their representatives.

For now, a board functioning more and more like it should have been all along and a MSP LD needing a swift kick is what we got -- especially when the MGA is still months away.

Instead of talking about firearms confiscation, ammo bans, more prohibited firearms, more restricted carry, expanded FOIDs, us becoming felons overnight, etc..., we're talking about at least MORE folks getting permits - some even getting restrictions removed, what new AR we're going to buy or build, what defensive ammo we're using, the next competition we're going to be in, or the next hunting trip.

Life for the MD 2A supporter could be far, far worse and the more time spent bemoaning that things didn't change overnight, the further back we'll -all- slide. We didn't get stuck with two Browns AND Frosh AND more Antis in the legislature. Year one is just now winding down and there are still two full general assemblies to get to before the next gubernatorial election and two CCW cases working their way through the courts, with the DC case in particular likely influencing MD if successful.

If our governor were up there right now telling us all to shove it or doing things to further encroach upon our rights, the constant outrage and pessimism would be far more understandable. There's no evidence whatsoever that that's being done. If things change and he does things to usurp our rights, livelihoods, and yes -- hobby, then by all means -- give him hell.

I don't doubt this rant will be responded with retorts of unicorns, squirrels, rose-tinted glasses, and other similarly vinegary statements, and that's ok. Have fun. I'll drink a beer with any of you's (except protege - f*ck that guy...)

:D

Why of all the rose-tinted glasses unicorn loving.............. :rasp:

I'm not saying things couldn't be worse. Oh yeah, they could be A LOT worse for sure. I just think Hogan's puttering along at little more than the minimum he feels he needs to do for us. The fact some of these cases even need a hearing is evidence he hasn't got MSP Licensing under control, or if he does, it's not under the kind of control it should be. He wants to have his cake and eat it with the liberals onboard too. Didn't work for Bob Ehrlich, and won't work for him either. We're coming up on a year in office now. Like a lot of Republicans in this country he needs to stop tenderfooting around. Just my opinions........

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Do I have to repeat this again.....

1st, Self Defense is already a G&S as Personal Protection and has been for more than 10 years on the MSP web site. The issue is MSPs over reach of their authority granted by state statute and COMAR with regards to what they cam require to prove the need for personal protection.

2nd, Thanks to the good Delegate Fisher, who asked the AG's office if the Governor could direct the Secretary of State police to redefine the requirements for G&S. The answer from the AG's office via AAG Rowe is NO, with a lengthy explanation as to why.

If you want to bitch about it please call Delegate Fisher and kindly thank him for royally screwing us.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled thread on the Nov 17th HPRB meeting.
    Which still doesn't stop the superintendent from exercising good authority independently. Sadly he has no interest in 2 A rights apparently.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Not to worry Cypherpunk and Stoveman, each Board member already has a personalized copy of all of that (Post #128) and much more in my appeal submission (to be supplemented as well when I get my 10 day notice), and I intend explain it in easy to understand terms. Frankly, it's not hard to follow for anyone that has paid attention to 2A jurisprudence over the last 10+ years, or anyone that will just listen for a few minutes and be objective - something the MSP seems to have found inconvenient in perpetuating their agenda.
    The prior administration ordered them to ignore the new case law in McDonald and Heller. Makes you wonder why they haven't corrected that under a new administration. Hmmmmmm

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Also, who needed to pick their jaw up from the floor like I did when Lazuick stated that Heller was ONLY in regards to firearms possession in DC?

WTF?
    I will be as nice as I can without name calling by saying he is clearly not as well educated on the topic as most on the forum. I could call names but that wouldn't be productive.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    My application was poor timing and poor mindset. I wanted to apply as Joe Nobody and see what happened and do it on my own. But things changed and I thought I had a real chance. I didn't do an adequate job at presenting that information.
    That said my final circumstances seemed valid, Mr. Jurgena wanted to overturn, but does whether I can channel Ernest Hemingway in my application decided whether or not you get a proper consideration.

Edit: At this point I guess it's public record I'm the Navy (Civilian) Physicist.
    Ahhhhh man. We did that class together up in Frederick right? Sorry to hear that.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Holy mother #&!\$€÷€&÷#;!,!;#*! £÷€!&$*$&#*!*÷,!&!*×£€#&$&$&! €÷&!&............

I just realized who ms west is and that I've met her before. Now I am just completely at a loss... :wtf:

I'm optimistic about the big picture, but I'm gonna go with nothing. That's precisely what he's doing about ccw in MD at this point.

He's keeping a campaign promise, yet many here still think he was just saying it for political reasons....They have yet to realize our Gov says what he means and does what he says....good or bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg17eqc0wu0

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Annoying, you bet. I've come to the conclusion the the "nudge" will come one "day one" of Hogan's second term as he will have nothing to loose one way or another at that point. Until then the HGPRB is the only game in town for the unwashed. At the current rate of 4 overturned denials by the board at each h meeting, only about 300 lucky lottery winners will beat the MSP's ******** between now and then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Sad but likely true

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom