• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I heard that applying for a carry permit is like just flushing money down the toilet. Why should I apply if the assholes in Annapolis just disapprove them? This is a serious question. I'm looking for serious answers.

Scarab

OK, I can live with these responses. Just can't see pissing money away on the moron club in Annapolis.

Scarab

Depends on your situation. As a business owner with a clean criminal history you will likely get approved. Anyone else not so much. Seems like MD is trying to encourage entrepreneurship. :sarcasm:

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Depends on your situation. As a business owner with a clean criminal history you will likely get approved. Anyone else not so much. Seems like MD is trying to encourage entrepreneurship. :sarcasm:

Defiantly not making the process easy; had my interview on Thursday. The investigator seemed nice and asked pretty much the same questions as stated in previous responses. As a Correctional Officer you would think that would be a solid GS. Apparently to "fluff" your application they want you submit threats or assaults. While this isn't a problem for myself as well as most other Officers; I believe the final Wollard narrative stated a correctional officer to be in an "assumed risk profession" (p26). Substantiating the "good and substantial" reason.

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/published/121437.p.pdf

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Defiantly not making the process easy; had my interview on Thursday. The investigator seemed nice and asked pretty much the same questions as stated in previous responses. As a Correctional Officer you would think that would be a solid GS. Apparently to "fluff" your application they want you submit threats or assaults. While this isn't a problem for myself as well as most other Officers; I believe the final Wollard narrative stated a correctional officer to be in an "assumed risk profession" (p26). Substantiating the "good and substantial" reason.

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/published/121437.p.pdf

I am a former Corrections Officer so you are preaching to the choir. Submit threats?, how ridiculous. When are you not being threatened while working in a jail/prison? MSP is responsible for this BS :mad54:. Nowhere in the law are they required to have a Corrections Officer submit threats.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    You submitted without providing the threats? Yeah that won't work in this sh1thole state.

We've had guys get theirs without submitting threats. I'm gonna send them the documentation they want. But in addition to that I will also send info from the wollard case. I have also heard of a situation (8 years ago) where they did not renew a guys permit because "the threats were too long ago" this is why I submitted without them, to see what they would say.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    How dare you imply that Maryland's finest would compromise their values of integrity, honor and fairness to further the political goals of the O'Malley administration?

Any accusation that the Maryland State Police would intentionally delay the prompt, lawful and efficient processing of your application to exercise your second amendment rights are totally without foundation.

Further, any suggestion that the MSP would in some way retaliate against you for inquiring...

Sorry, I just couldn't finish without laughing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MDsharpShooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 6, 2014
    does anybody have the latest handgun permit application?

the one in this topic seems to not been updated since 2012

MSI has one on their site but its before Oct 2013

Ive downloaded the one on MARYLAND state police site but no matter what I cant open the pdf(any other pdfs on my computer i can open fine)

so again, anybody have the latest, current as of May 2014 application to download? link to download please thanks

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    What version of Acrobat ate you using? Based on your description I'm fairly certain the issue is on your side.

Similar to a voter application, I'm sure you can go to your barrack and ask a Trooper to help you fill one out on his PC.

You know, integrity, service, etc...

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    The version they have on their site sucks ... When you open it try to save it to your desktop. That should allow you to use it. Also if you don't have the latest version of adobe it won't work.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Got mine in the mail today! :)

Application date was 1/24 and had my interview on 2/10.

Even better news is that it doesn't expire until 2017!

Usual restrictions.....

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    does anyone have the address to the appeals board? the physical address. I have searched throughout the MDSP website and can't find the location for the upcoming appeal hearing for 5-20-14. a PM would be highly appreciated.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    1/15/14 & 1/16/14 - 16 hour CCW class
    1/29/14 live fire test
    1/30/14 application mailed
    2/6/14 application check cashed
    4/11/14 interviewed at Maryland State Police
    4/14/14 references interviewed by Maryland State police and follow up questions for me over phone by Maryland State Police
    5/17/14 CCW arrived by USPS

Restrictions?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    Looks like they're trying to stick to the 90 days required by law.

Well they broken the 90 law a couple-a-few times with my appeal! :mad54:

Who has ever been contacted for a review board hearing? How were you contacted? Phone..Mail?

I requested a hearing last year and have sent 2 letters since wanting to know the status of getting my appeal hearing.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Well they broken the 90 law a couple-a-few times with my appeal! :mad54: Who has ever been contacted for a review board hearing? How were you contacted? Phone..Mail? I requested a hearing last year and have sent 2 letters since wanting to know the status of getting my appeal hearing.

I would call;

Did you send your appeal requiring a signature?

So far all my stuff I have sent in I have sent requiring a signature. I figured if they somehow "never received" any of my correspondence then I can inform them who signed for it. Also if it comes to me taking them to court over a potential denial i will have my case well documented. I also have copies of all my papers I sent to them.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    I would call;

Did you send your appeal requiring a signature?

So far all my stuff I have sent in I have sent requiring a signature. I figured if they somehow "never received" any of my correspondence then I can inform them who signed for it. Also if it comes to me taking them to court over a potential denial i will have my case well documented. I also have copies of all my papers I sent to them.

Yes. Everything I have sent has been certified with signature. I guess it time for me to give them a call and see where that gets me.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    None.

Just kidding, sorry I know it is Monday and all...

"Valid only between residence La Plata Pediatrics & Women's Health or while actively involved in financial business transactions as Owner of same. (MD ONLY) Not valid where Firearms are prohibited."

Shouldn't there be some thing between "residence La Plata Pediatrics..."? Like a comma or the word "and" or the word "or" or some thing?

I'm thought about applying for a modification to include some thing along the lines of "or while transporting sensitive patient data" to be included in the wording? I think if I had to dig that deep to defend why I was carrying than I haven't done my job as a CCW holder to start with (not that this state isn't bat sheet crazy and wouldn't try to make some thing out of nothing by any means)? Thoughts?

CCW'ed for the first time yesterday and no crime waves were started and no blood was spilling in the streets like the Liberals thought there would be so I'd say it was a good day. I've practiced carried at my house for about the last month to kind of get use to a gun on my hip but it was still kind of weird. Ruger 380 right now until I find a holster for my Beretta Nano but honestly haven't spent too much time looking at CCW options not knowing if I was going to get a permit or not. I just applied for my HQL and will be testing out a few more firearms in the near future.

They will not change the restriction for carrying sensitive data. I appealed to get that added and I have O'Malley appointees as clients. I did however get it modified for when carrying valuables so there you have it, more proof that they care about money/property and NOT about people!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here's a question - what if your business is located and/or headquartered at your house?

Would you always be going from one to another every time you are out of the house/business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom