• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Here's a question - what if your business is located and/or headquartered at your house?

Would you always be going from one to another every time you are out of the house/business?

Depends on what type of business you have. If it is a business that all work is done from your home you are going to be limited. A Contractor, Landscaper, or a Realtor, etc. is at work when they get to each job site.

May 27, 2014
    Apalachin, NY
    Hi folks.

I'm new to this site and I was looking to possibly apply for the MD carry permit as a non resident for business related purposes. I was looking at the process and find I will have to jump through hoops. I have CCWs from other "may issue" states (NY, CT, MA, and RI). I had a few questions to hopefully gain some insight to those that have already went through the process. I own and operate a wildlife control business and I have a license by the Maryland DNR to conduct this work. Recently I've been getting some clients from Northern MD. I was wondering does this constitute as a business/traders license? In my state of NY, a business license isn't required for this industry. Often I carry business related currency I collect from my clients (checks and cash). In regards to bank deposits, do they have to be made from a Maryland bank and does the receipts for materials have to be from a distributor based in MD? Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hi folks.

I'm new to this site and I was looking to possibly apply for the MD carry permit as a non resident for business related purposes. I was looking at the process and find I will have to jump through hoops. I have CCWs from other "may issue" states (NY, CT, MA, and RI). I had a few questions to hopefully gain some insight to those that have already went through the process. I own and operate a wildlife control business and I have a license by the Maryland DNR to conduct this work. Recently I've been getting some clients from Northern MD. I was wondering does this constitute as a business/traders license? In my state of NY, a business license isn't required for this industry. Often I carry business related currency I collect from my clients (checks and cash). In regards to bank deposits, do they have to be made from a Maryland bank and does the receipts for materials have to be from a distributor based in MD? Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I think you could pull it off. My advice would be to register your trade name with MD. Open a bank account in MD. Make deposits in MD. MD wants to know they are getting tax revenue. They care nothing about your safety. You will likely need to do business in MD more than twice a year if you catch my drift.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Guys I encourage everyone to do it, but be ready to be disappointed. Here is my status. I had a home invasion on Christmas by drug dealers. They thought my home was someone elses! That's what happens when you are high! I applied 2 days later. I have 3 friends who are police officers who vouched for me on the application and gave great testimony. I have a carry permit from Utah and a o3 atf ffl license, no criminal record. I did the interview and it went great. Called MSP this week. After 150+ days waiting, no one has even sent the paper work to headquarters. I have since been attacked twice! I have made several calls after 90 day period they have to respond. Not even a negative, because then you can request an appeal by judge. They will not even return a call. The state doesn't give a shit about you or your problem even if its legit. They don't want you to have the right to protect yourself. But they will gladly take every penny you have!
    This state is a bitch,

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    1/15/14 & 1/16/14 - 16 hour CCW class
    1/29/14 live fire test
    1/30/14 application mailed
    2/6/14 application check cashed
    4/11/14 interviewed at Maryland State Police
    4/14/14 references interviewed by Maryland State police and follow up questions for me over phone by Maryland State Police
    5/17/14 CCW arrived by USPS

I don't have the money to get denied a permit right now so I wasn't planning on applying for a MD CCW BUT.... I just finished sending in my application for a Florida resident permit I am glad I didn't have to go through everything you do here... and in <90 days I don't have to worry about being denied!

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Hi folks. I'm new to this site and I was looking to possibly apply for the MD carry permit as a non resident for business related purposes. I was looking at the process and find I will have to jump through hoops. I have CCWs from other "may issue" states (NY, CT, MA, and RI). I had a few questions to hopefully gain some insight to those that have already went through the process. I own and operate a wildlife control business and I have a license by the Maryland DNR to conduct this work. Recently I've been getting some clients from Northern MD. I was wondering does this constitute as a business/traders license? In my state of NY, a business license isn't required for this industry. Often I carry business related currency I collect from my clients (checks and cash). In regards to bank deposits, do they have to be made from a Maryland bank and does the receipts for materials have to be from a distributor based in MD? Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Obtaining a Maryland CCW is defiantly a grey matter; State Police have a lot of authority on if and where you may carry a concealed firearm. I can tell you the process is slow and is not easy on your patience and wallet. The requirements are as follows;

1. You must have taken a class of 16 hours with a live fire requirement. You must score a 70% or higher; the course syllabus must qualify standards set by MSP
    2. Must get Live Scan fingerprinted; they only accept the digital prints.
    3. Must fill out application in electronic format;
    4. Must have a "good and substantial" reason; in your situation it sounds like you will be visiting Maryland for business purposes and carrying cash and checks during the duration of your stay. I'm sure at some point they are deposited probably when you get back to your home state. That should qualify you however each situation to them is unique. And as I said they have all the power.
    5. You need 2 recent passport photos
    6. The application specifies what documentation to submit with your application. I would read it (several times)
    7. On your application you are required to give a brief narrative on why you feel that you need a conceal and carry permit. (This is the part where you have to sell your situation)

Once you get all the required information then you can submit it. I would check it over several times since you don't want to delay the process at all. At this point in the process you may have spent from $350 to $450. Application fee is $75, finger print is $57.50 (May vary according to vendor), 16 hour class $250 and up. Plus all the other fees such as postage and passport style photos.

Once your check is cashed they begin the process. After some time has passed you will be contacted and interviewed (usually in person). They will ask you questions regarding your mental health, reasons why you want your permit, and any other questions they deem relevant to your permit request. You may be asked to submit more documentation such as random bank deposits or threats. At the interview you will still be in the dark if they will issue you a permit but I believe when you reach this point you should have a better understanding if you should get your permit. However it will not be final and there will be two more people reviewing your whole application.

Good luck, it does seem like people who own businesses have a better chance to get a permit versus non business owners.

May 27, 2014
    Apalachin, NY
    Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I'm probably going to apply this fall. I want to build a client base in MD before I apply. At least I have some insight on how to go about it. Thank you again.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Hi folks. I'm new to this site and I was looking to possibly apply for the MD carry permit as a non resident for business related purposes. I was looking at the process and find I will have to jump through hoops. I have CCWs from other "may issue" states (NY, CT, MA, and RI). I had a few questions to hopefully gain some insight to those that have already went through the process. I own and operate a wildlife control business and I have a license by the Maryland DNR to conduct this work. Recently I've been getting some clients from Northern MD. I was wondering does this constitute as a business/traders license? In my state of NY, a business license isn't required for this industry. Often I carry business related currency I collect from my clients (checks and cash). In regards to bank deposits, do they have to be made from a Maryland bank and does the receipts for materials have to be from a distributor based in MD? Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Almost forgot .... I would get all your info together before getting fingerprinted. The fingerprinting must be submitted within a designated time period. If I was you I would get fingerprinted as my very last step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom