• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Wow, I hadn't realized that there was a wider problem. I stopped by the new Dicks' in Crofton on Thursday. After waiting about 5 minutes for someone to come over I started looking through rifles and ammunition. I was in the process of asking for the ammunition when another customer interrupted to ask where something was. The gal behind the counter walked away to show him where it was. I told her that I would be shopping elsewhere and left.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    The Columbia store completely eliminated their gun counter.
    I let the store manager know that the entire chain had lost my business for any and all sporting goods.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Oooooooh I might have to sign up.

Depends on whether you have to give or receive. :rolleyes:
    3) [Worrisome policy change] Finally, when I was about to get the shotgun ammo anyway since I plan to do some skeet later the cashier girl says that Dick's has a new policy for ammunition. She says she needs my MD Driver's License so she can enter my data for the sale, and she wants me to attest on the credit card pad's LCD screen menu that I am a US citizen. WTF?!

I just bought a flat of shells there last week, and there was no driver's license needed. Must be a VERY new policy.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Wow, I hadn't realized that there was a wider problem. I stopped by the new Dicks' in Crofton on Thursday. After waiting about 5 minutes for someone to come over I started looking through rifles and ammunition. I was in the process of asking for the ammunition when another customer interrupted to ask where something was. The gal behind the counter walked away to show him where it was. I told her that I would be shopping elsewhere and left.

I just returned from another visit to the Dick's in Crofton. I have nothing but superlatives for the customer service I receive each and every time. Between two kids just getting started into sports (lots of equipment to purchase), hunting and fishing items, exercise equipment, and a basketball system (portable driveway type)-they hit it out of the park every time. They even gave me the online discounts at the store-which was 50% off the basketball system.

I'm sorry you received bad service at the hunting counter. The main person is an older guy with >I think< a pony tail and always dressed in a camo shirt with Khaki's. He goes out of his way to help everyone.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I've chatted with two different sales guys in the guns/ammo dept in the Crofton store and they were both curteous and helpful.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Dick's in Crofton is only minutes from my front door, but after two visits to the firearm section - NEVER AGAIN! Long wait and when someone does show up, he is in a hurry to leave.

When I visit Wally World at Quarterfield Crossing Shopping Center, there is always a clerk in the firearm|sporting section to assist you. For me it is worth the extra 15-20 minute ride.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Dick's in Crofton is only minutes from my front door, but after two visits to the firearm section - NEVER AGAIN! Long wait and when someone does show up, he is in a hurry to leave.

Same thing at the Glen Burnie store. Honestly, I think they would prefer not to have a hunting/gun section.

When I visit Wally World at Quarterfield Crossing Shopping Center, there is always a clerk in the firearm|sporting section to assist you. For me it is worth the extra 15-20 minute ride.

Pat is the best there... he's always pleasant, willing, and able to help out. He's even pointed me to the less expensive ammo options.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Every time I go to the one in waldorf I talk wiht Eddie and he is always more them helpful and gerts me everything I need with a big smile

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Crap the Waldorf Dick's and La Plata Wal Mart are nothing like those. I usually go in BS with the counter people show them pics of what I have done to my purchases and discuss future builds. Buy ammo and guns with no hassles whatsoever.

That Waldorf Dick's is one of the best! The guy usually at the gun counter is super helpful. He will immediately rattle off all the sales they are having, and has no problem going to the back to get me cases of ammo... and that's the way it should be! I oftentimes will take a trip to the Waldorf store rather than dealing with the new one in St Mary's.

Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    Every time I go to the one in waldorf I talk wiht Eddie and he is always more them helpful and gerts me everything I need with a big smile

As much as I dislike going to Waldorf, I make it a point to go to that Dicks because I always get excellent service when Eddie is there. That's more than I can say about the Dicks in St Mary's.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    One of the issues with Dicks is that often times the "lodge" is not staffed by "lodge" employees but are serviced by someone floating from the baseball bats and LAX gear who couldn't give two shats about shooting. I went to the Bel Air Dicks and bought some ammo just 10 days ago and was only asked for ID to verify age.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Speaking of Wally World. Every time I buy ammo from the one in Cockeysville, they always ask for my ID and write my info in a log. That is the only store that does this that I shop at. Does all the Wallys do this??

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I bought .223 Friday here in their Gaithersburg store., guy behind the counter was real nice, talked bit about different ammo they had. They also had the new policy where it asked me if I was a U.S. citizen, I asked since when does the Constitution deny someone who is not a U.S. citizen from buying ammo, many people have green cards and are here legally, I see no reason why they can't buy and shoot ammo.

They did not care much about seeing my I.D., she was like your over 18 I just have to type in some birth date. She didn't even want my birth date when I offered it.

and for the record, the question on the electronic signature pad asks if you are a U.S. Citizen, not if you are legally allowed to buy ammo or be in the country.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Speaking of Wally World. Every time I buy ammo from the one in Cockeysville, they always ask for my ID and write my info in a log. That is the only store that does this that I shop at. Does all the Wallys do this??

I've never had one do it but I'm usually at one of the Frederick stores or up in Pennsylvania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom