• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Greetings,

I want to know whether the Colt AR-15 LE6920 is still legal in Maryland. I know about the new Firearm Safety Act 2013 which went into Law Oct.1 of this year. The law doesn't specifically mention the LE6920. I do know it bans up to 81 assault weapons and the Colt Ar-15 Sporter is still legal, though I am not interested in purchasing the Sporter because I would have to buy a new upper anyways...

A friend of mine had asked a police officer about this and the officer said the LE6920 is still legal, but others I've talked to are saying its illegal, so I would like clarification.

I am interested in the MP-B and FDE variants

MP-B
    SP6920MP-B-1-large.jpg

FDE variant
    le6920mp-fde-lw.jpg

Thanks

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    eewwww, that's got doggy doo-doo colors along with black. It can't be legal.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Banned because of the barrel profile. You see the notch in the barrel, just forward of the gas block/front sight? That is the grenade launcher (attachment point) they are referring to in FSA 2013.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Banned because of the barrel profile. You see the notch in the barrel, just forward of the gas block/front sight? That is the grenade launcher (attachment point) they are referring to in FSA 2013.

That notch makes it extremely good at killing kittens and children, all by itself.

Ban the notch! :rolleyes::banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Still legal to own, but banned for sale or transfer in Maryland after 10/1 - unless you are LEO. You are too late. Thank your legislators.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

The notch is a grenade launcher?

Unless you can provide a link to any official correspondence regarding this I call :bs:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    true

But he did parenthetically state it's the attachment point, not the launcher itself.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    true

But he did parenthetically state it's the attachment point, not the launcher itself.

Nowhere that I have seen in SB281 does it even reference the attachment point. Just the grenade launcher itself.

I see so much stuff posted that seems like total BS that I ask for the law or official correspondence. Many times people can't cite anything.

But that's not to say that something absurd from an official didn't or won't happen.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I don't think the notch makes it a grenade launcher. The notch makes it a non-hbar, since an hbar needs the same barrel profile from receiver to muzzle. Its stupid.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't think the notch makes it a grenade launcher. The notch makes it a non-hbar, since an hbar needs the same barrel profile from receiver to muzzle. Its stupid.

The notch is so a grenade launcher can mount. It is also the reason it is a non-HBAR. Do you realize how many children will be saved if people can't attach grenade launchers to their rifles?

Countless....I can't even begin counting because I can't find any instances where children have been killed with grenade launchers in this Country. Because I can't even begin counting, the answer is "countless".

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Do you have any links to laws or official correspondence to support this statement?

Don't believe me? Walk into any/every gun shop in MD and see if you see the Colt 6920 on the wall/rack for sale to MD residents.

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    the 6920 is not legal cause it doesnt jhave a heavy barrel. a heavy barrel is the same barrel diameter from front to back. i would call teh 6920, which i have a stepped barrel since it changes diameter during its length. in the store i work we were given the same diameter barrel defination, and we still sell heavy barrels.
    my 6920 shoots fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom