• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I too hope that Hogan wins, but I'm not sure he will be able to get the legislature to overturn any gun laws that were passed in the last couple of years because the Dems will likely still have majorities at Annapolis. But he can certainly try to prevent any new laws from being passed, especially if the Dems don't have enough votes to override his veto.

Go Hogan!

Cal68

He said he would play goalie. That is enough for me considering the other alternative. I have voted and I voted Hogan. :thumbsup:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Headed out this morning to sign wave for Hogan on Rowe Blvd to get up and close and personal to wobbly Democraps.

Give me a quadruple honk if you are MDS!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The intuitive posts in this thread are gone. Numbers don't lie. Unless there are areas with all day free BBQ, Malt Liquor and spontaneous craps games, Brown is a lock. It is a pity and one time I'd be glad to be wrong though.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I too hope that Hogan wins, but I'm not sure he will be able to get the legislature to overturn any gun laws that were passed in the last couple of years because the Dems will likely still have majorities at Annapolis. But he can certainly try to prevent any new laws from being passed, especially if the Dems don't have enough votes to override his veto.

Go Hogan!

Cal68

What a governor can do, is make a gubernatorial proclaimation: "That self defense is a good and substantial reason."

I wonder if Hogan has the cojones to do that?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Go Hogan!

Cal68

That's all a governor can do. He can also define what "good and substantial" is. If he says self defense is a "good and substantial" reason to issue a MD permit, then it will be.....

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My final contributions to the effort will begin at 3pm after schools let out so I can install this truck load of signs at 6 polling places and will end after a full day working a yet to be determined poll all day tomorrow. Never let go of the hawk's throat until he swallows hard enough to break your grip.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    My final contributions to the effort will begin at 3pm after schools let out so I can install this truck load of signs at 6 polling places and will end after a full day working a yet to be determined poll all day tomorrow. Never let go of the hawk's throat until he swallows hard enough to break your grip.

And keep punching all the way down!
    Maybe he'll puke you back up.

Dec 31, 2012
    CNN as been publicizing close races on tv all morning and now include Maryland's governor's race in the contested pool.

I used that to motivate another person to go vote.

Last day, last chance to push those apathetic people to the polls.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    CNN as been publicizing close races on tv all morning and now include Maryland's governor's race in the contested pool.

I used that to motivate another person to go vote.

Last day, last chance to push those apathetic people to the polls.

A lot of younger folks don't seem to be voting at all. Many of my friends aren't, despite me being so vocal about it... A few aren't even registered.

Then again, young folks tend to vote Dem...

Mr H

Banana'd
    A lot of younger folks don't seem to be voting at all. Many of my friends aren't, despite me being so vocal about it... A few aren't even registered.

There's been some reporting recently that they're becoming increasingly disaffected, and are not the reliable Ds they were even 2 years ago.

Many are either not voting, or going R this year. Either way, it's a plus.

Dec 31, 2012

It's not just young people.

I work with some really smart older people who didn't even know there was an election tomorrow. :sad20:

They were easily swayed to Hogan but without some peer pressure to vote they would happily ignore the election altogether. A few of them probably just gave lip service and will not vote anyway.
    Democracy in decline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom