• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's not just young people.

I work with some really smart older people who didn't even know there was an election tomorrow. :sad20:

They were easily swayed to Hogan but without some peer pressure to vote they would happily ignore the election altogether. A few of them probably just gave lip service and will not vote anyway.
    Democracy in decline.

Idiocracy on the rise.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    There's been some reporting recently that they're becoming increasingly disaffected, and are not the reliable Ds they were even 2 years ago.

Many are either not voting, or going R this year. Either way, it's a plus.

This. Both my twenty something daughters were liberal democrats a few years ago. Some time in the real world during a tough economy changed them. Liberal on some social issues but quite conservative when it comes to money and jobs. They say many of their friends are seeing the light too.

The struggling, under employed youth are going to be a an increasingly powerful force.

Dec 31, 2012
    This. Both my twenty something daughters were liberal democrats a few years ago. Some time in the real world during a tough economy changed them. Liberal on some social issues but quite conservative when it comes to money and jobs. They say many of their friends are seeing the light too.

The struggling, under employed youth are going to be a an increasingly powerful force.

They'll be a good counterpoint to the older, well off, disinterested crowd.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Yeah, once they start working, dealing with healthcare, and a place to live, thinking changes a bit!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I must say that the Dem's distorted the energy supply/demand curve with impeccable timing for the election. Regular around $2.82/gal. today. That will affect some votes.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I must say that the Dem's distorted the energy supply/demand curve with impeccable timing for the election. Regular around $2.82/gal. today. That will affect some votes.

At that price, maybe some diehard Liberals can afford to stage some Tibetan style protests...

I kid. I kid.

Well. Mostly.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This poll is a bit disheartening, says Brown has 94% chance of winning and will win by 9.7%

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/one-day-left-the-most-competitive-races-for-governor/

All polls are a reflection of who is predicted to show up and vote. If (for example) MoCo Republicans turnout like in 2002, and 25% of Dems go for Hogan, then Hogan will win by about 3%. If, on the other hand, those voters don't show up, and even Hogan-inclined Dems fail to show, like 2010, Brown will win by 5. A lot depends on the turnout machine. Both sides seem to have improved turnout since 2010, so right now, it's a margin of error race.

One thing I can guarantee: If Brown wins he will say it was never close and go back on his promises not to raise taxes. No incentive for him to keep promise, which he reluctantly made in the first place. People who vote for Brown or sit out expecting something different are naive (at best).

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'd like to think that more Republicans will turn out this time than in years past. Hogan has a real shot of winning this thing if we can get out the vote, so hopefully that will break through the apathy that many Maryland Republicans feel knowing that most of the time their vote is for naught.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    YUP! Turnout is key.

Been doing cold weather rain dances, but they aren't working.

If there has ever been a time for a Divined Wind, this is it.

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    What about Hogan's flip-flop on 2A?

Why isn't that raising any red flags?

He is on record saying one thing (SB-281), but at the latest debate he is saying it didn't go far enough.

Not giving me the warm fuzzies...

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    What about Hogan's flip-flop on 2A?

Why isn't that raising any red flags?

He is on record saying one thing (SB-281), but at the latest debate he is saying it didn't go far enough.

Not giving me the warm fuzzies...

He didn't flip flop. That was Brown editing his comments to make them sound bad. Hogan said that sb281 went too far in infringing law abiding citizens rights....He also so that it didn't go far enough when it comes to punishing criminals. Brown decided to leave that part out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom