• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    9/5/15

Labor-day Weekend: ALL RANGERS OPEN!

When the Lead Reclamation crews come back after the holiday work will begin on the Barnes Range.

I hope this clears things up

CRSO Alex

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    DNR Hunting & Fishing Day

9/6/15

ALL RANGES will be closed on Saturday, September 26, 2015 for the DNR Hunting & Fishing Day activities.

Your CRSO Alex W.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Will shotguns be allowed on pistol range? Slug only or shot shells also?

I took me a while to confirm this but

Rifles and Shotguns shooting SLUGS ONLY will be permitted on the Pistol Range during the closure of the Barnes Range for lead reclamation.

The Shot gun patterning range will be you best bet if you would like to shoot shot out of your shotgun during this time.

Please feel free to chat with the RSO staff, so we can find a way to accommodate your shooting needs while the Barnes Range is closed during the week days.

As always ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN ON THE WEEKENDS!

Your CRSO Alex

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Is the reclamation on the pistol range completed? More to the point, can I shoot on it Friday afternoon (9/11)?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Is the reclamation on the pistol range completed? More to the point, can I shoot on it Friday afternoon (9/11)?

Pistol range is finished. Pistol range is open and when the Barnes range is closed you will be allowed to shoot rifles on the pistol range.

CRSO Alex

Last edited:

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    9/6/15

ALL RANGES will be closed on Saturday, September 26, 2015 for the DNR Hunting & Fishing Day activities.

Your CRSO Alex W.

9-13-15

The Barnes Range will be closed during the week for lead reclamation. When the crews are done for the day they are letting the RSO open it for evening use.

Keep in mind that the sun is setting earlier and earlier and the range closes at sunset. Soon the range will close at 4:45pm.

The Pistol range will allow rifle shooting when the Barnes range is closed. The steel AGC target frames will be removed during the week to prevent damage.

Your CRSO Alex

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Any idea of a date they will be done with Barnes range?

Between the possible weather and equipment issues I'm just taking one week at a time.

We are still doing DNR Hunter Qualification every day of the week up til one hour before sun set. The fee is $10 per firearm for Non-Members.

Rifles are being allowed to be shot on the Pistol range during the Barnes Range closure.

CRSO Alex

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    FYI
    9/21/15

9/6/15

Your CRSO Alex W.

Rifles and Shotguns shooting SLUGS ONLY will be permitted on the Pistol Range during the closure of the Barnes Range for lead reclamation.

Please feel free to chat with the RSO staff, so we can find a way to accommodate your shooting needs while the Barnes Range is closed during the week days.

As always ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN ON THE WEEKENDS!

Your CRSO Alex

9-13-15

Keep in mind that the sun is setting earlier and earlier and the range closes at sunset. Soon the range will close at 4:45pm.

The Pistol range will allow rifle shooting when the Barnes range is closed. The steel AGC target frames will be removed during the week to prevent damage.

Your CRSO Alex

Between the possible weather and equipment issues I'm just taking one week at a time.

We are still doing DNR Hunter Qualification every day of the week up til one hour before sun set. The fee is $10 per firearm for Non-Members.

Rifles are being allowed to be shot on the Pistol range during the Barnes Range closure.

CRSO Alex

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    10/6/15 up date

The Barnes Range is still closed during the week

On Sunday October 18, 2015 ALL AGC RANGES WILL BE CLOSED from 8am til noon.

Your CRSO Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom