• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    No way, I just can't understand how it would be 100% safe to shoot a rifle on the "pistol" range! Surely that is not what is being allowed! :rolleyes:

Matt
    I hope that made you feel better. The RSO staff owes you a tall cold one.
    We Thank you

Up Date: June 23, 2015

The equipment has started arriving and exploratory work has begun on the trap range.

The Mining should start any day now.

I will keep you informed as soon as I know something more

DF

Last edited:

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Up Date: 6/28/15

The lead reclamation processing machine is on site and appears to be set up and ready to reclaim the lead.

The first crew of workers are in town.

I believe the impact berm digging should start this week. What range they start on I do not know at this time.

Stay tuned for updates.

DF

Last edited:

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Work will begin this week on the Trap Range.

Wednesday Old Timers Trap and Public Trap WILL NOT be effected.

The crews will work around these events.

DF

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Thanks for the update bud, any idea how they are going to mine the trap range since the fall zone is in the trees?

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    :lol2::lol2:

Nah, wouldn't be right. That's somebody else's lead. The trap range is the only place up there where my lead ISN'T.

Kidding aside, I wonder how much lead they'll recover. Betting that the amount has to be mind boggling. :shocked:

An RSO told me on Saturday that the AGC was quoted an approximate figure of $400,000 FOR THE AGC.

Meaning the reclamation company invests in the work and takes their profit out of the lead they claim w/a share to the club.

Just a wild guess, perhaps it's a 60/40 split? I don't know the details.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    That would be great!
    $400K is double the estimate that I heard

Wouldn't be surprised if that figure just gets bigger as the story gets passed along.....It's all speculation until the lead gets weighed.

Regardless, it sounds like there is a chunky windfall of cash to claim from the dirt which is a good thing.

Oh....the RSO also told me of plans to increase dues by $50 and then by $5/per year after that. Again, nothing to validate that. And it wouldn't prevent me from being a member.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Wouldn't be surprised if that figure just gets bigger as the story gets passed along.....It's all speculation until the lead gets weighed.

Regardless, it sounds like there is a chunky windfall of cash to claim from the dirt which is a good thing.

Oh....the RSO also told me of plans to increase dues by $50 and then by $5/per year after that. Again, nothing to validate that. And it wouldn't prevent me from being a member.

The number our trustee told us was $200,000 net to AGC.

There is a proposal on the table, which might or might not get voted on tomorrow evening to increase the fees to $200.00 per year.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    We are getting off topic.

I started this thread to only keep you informed of any range closures so you can make the most out of your time at the range.

DF

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Hoping to get the kids to the rifle and pistol range this Friday 7/10. Anyone know the status of the ranges for then?

They are still working on the trap range.

cap6888 make sure you stop in and see me. I want to shake your hand and say thank you in person.

DF

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom