• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    I'm late to jump in on this, my wife works for Delegate Chris Shank (2C) in Washington County. I asked her last night if she rec'd any emails, and she said exactly one (from Ray Givens, North American Rod & Gun Club). A quote from Chris today is "if it shoots, I like it". He's is always pro-rights period, so I'm not surprised.
    I guess a report is due later this evening?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Information Source(s): Department of State Police, www.handgunlaw.us, www.firearmslawcenter.org, Delaware Department of Justice, Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General, Virginia State Police, Department of Legislative Services

http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/
    Is a BS search site, landing page, domain for sale. Someone might want to buy it since it used to be owned by hangun control inc. Put up a banner on it stating that SHall Issue and hb 52 will save the state 3.14159265 million dollars, and voila, its officially part of the fiscal and policy notes.

...... "President Bush has said there will be no new federal gun legislation during his term, but that doesn't have to be the final word on the subject," Barrie Becker, executive director of the Firearms Law Center, said. "We've helped more than 100 cities and counties in California pass local ordinances. ... We want to help other states do the same."

Becker said the ordinances, "helped reduce firearm-related injuries and deaths." But there is no data to support this claim. The ordinances only make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to own firearms and for the firearm industry to do business. This, of course, is the real aim of the Firearms Law Center and other similar organizations.

To gain an insight into the Firearms Law Center, sign onto: www.firearmslawcenter.org.

New Name, Same Mission

Handgun Control Inc. (HCI) and its sub-organization, the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, recently changed their names to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, respectively.

"Our name is new, but our work remains the same," HCI President Michael D. Barnes said.

No surprise there. But why the name change? In a word, control. HCI discovered that despite being the darlings of the Clinton administration, the media and Hollywood, Americans do not like controls. In addition, Americans correctly translated HCI's "control" to "ban." .......
    The rest of the article is here http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3197/is_8_46/ai_77757514/

Pretty telling that the state uses an expired/dead/non existent former brady campaign website as one of their references.

However, http://www.handgunlaw.us/, seems legit.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Folks buy domain names on speculation as investments and load them up with affiliate ads to generate a little income until they are sold. They are the kitty litter boxes of The Internet.... a total waste of bandwidth.

The content "disclaimer"
    This page provided to the domain owner free by Sedo's Domain Parking . Disclaimer: Domain owner and Sedo maintain no relationship with third party advertisers. Reference to any specific service or trade mark is not controlled by Sedo or domain owner and does not constitute or imply its association, endorsement or recommendation.

You want to make them an offer on the domain name: http://www.sedo.com/search/details....ub=137&partnerid=14460&et_cid=15&et_lid=14274

strube

Jul 5, 2009
    Baltimore
    Minimum offer is 61 dollars.

It's a good idea but I'd bet that it would be more then that given the indexed pages in yahoo/google, pagerank, and incoming link numbers that the site provided on the domain. Just how much I couldn't say.

Not to mention generating content is fair amount of work unless you just wanted to link it to MSI but that may backfire.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but I will ask it anyways. Isn't there a way to bypass the judicial committee, and Frosh completely?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but I will ask it anyways. Isn't there a way to bypass the judicial committee, and Frosh completely?

Technically, yes there is. Pragmatically? No. The committee run around is one of the most politically expensive tactics in existence in the General Assembly and Senator Miller has made it clear that he does not want it happening on his watch.

This works both ways for our part, btw.

Ironically, it was Senator Frosh (as I recall) who advocated bypassing his own committee last year over the death penalty repeal. He knew it would never pass a vote in his committee, but because he wanted it repealed he advocated the run around.

Funny how that same concept doesn't apply when we know the civil immunity bill will pass, but he doesn't want it. :mad54:

kwcraft

No witty username
    Apr 7, 2009
    NOT MARYLAND
    I went ahead and made an offer on the domain. Please everyone, DO NOT make another offer - it will just drive the price up!

What did you offer for it if you don't mind? I was about to put in an offer as well, not looking to get into a bid war on it so I won't bid. If you need a place to put it, let me know, I've got plenty of server space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom