• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My son has really gotten interested in shooting BB guns lately. We used to shoot in the basement (because it is illegal in city limits to shoot on your property here), but because of some water issues, the basement has been a transitioning station for boxes of stuff. We have gone over to my dad's to shoot in his backyard. My son having a Red Ryder, me having some pistols and a Daisy lever action BB rifle, and a Barra 400E. But I started thinking back to the good old days when I lived with my parents and shot MY 1st BB gun in that back yard. Late 80s-early 90s. It was a Crosman 760 pump gun. Shot BBs or pellets, but I used to cut nails that just fit the bore, drop them in, and shoot them. Fun times. So, I just bought on off Ebay to re-live old times and this thing, while being an older model, looks almost new. Exactly like the one I had as a kid. These are the sellers pictures, of the gun I purchased. My phone's camera sucks. Like photographing Bigfoot quality suckage. So here's my new, old gun. My 1st BB rifle model, I ever owned. Even came with the box, manual, a lock, and a pamphlet, although he taped all over the box messing it up a bit.
    s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Dang, now I fully understand "Proustian memory."

That picture whipped me back 30 years to when I got one of those for X-mas.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    I still have mine from ~1980. Seals went ~2005 and repair lasted a few years. I should get another seal replacement kit and fix it again:-). I hope your new/old one works well!

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Oh man this brought a smile to my face. Got my 760 when I turned 11 in 2000. My older brother had one too. I still have it in the basement somewhere, they were great guns!

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Got pretty good at rapid fire from the hip...you could get in a quick pump while thumbing the bolt and then popping the trigger.

I have one with the original wooden butt and forestock. I've had to replace the seals twice. I think my father bought it in 1967. We moved in to a new house and there was a really tall cedar tree in the front yard and the neighborhood cats liked to procreate under it so he bought a crossman 760 to deal with them.

Something I didn't realize until recently the original 760s were supposed to come from the factory with a muzzle velocity of 760 ft per second or so. Most of the older ones were close but most of the newer ones are closer to 500 ft per second and there is a fairly easy modification that can be done to increase the velocity of your 760. Videos are on YouTube

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Sweet. Got my 760 in 1981. It had a leak, so if I pumped it up 10 times there was about a 10 second window to shoot before it lost all power. I learned to shoot fast. Many a back yard squirrel safari was had with that BB gun.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Not a 760 but a .22 cal. CO2 Crosman 400 repeater circa 1957. It's bolt action with a 10 round magazine. My Dad bought it for us when I was 12. Red Ryder BB before this.

Still have it. Replaced o-rings some years ago and it shoots great.!!

Crosman Repeater.PNG

Last edited:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I had the wood stocked version of the 760 when I was a kid. That thing was bad ass. Killed lots of small game with it. It would hold 25 pumps and shoot through a shovel blade!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Got my Daisy BB gun when I was 9 in 1986. Got my 760 for Christmas in 1988. Loaned it to a friend a few years ago who had a squirrel problem and it was in his basement when the basement flooded.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I had a 766. Got it for Christmas 1982 (??). I don’t know how many Daisy “treasure chests”I went through.

Not sure what happened to it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Mine is circa 1971. Nice wood stock, and checkered pump handle. Bolt is different than photo, rotating brass colored, magnetic.

Receiver and barrel all metal, no plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom