• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I had one as a kid - got it for Christmas. Learned that shooting 2L soda bottles full of water would make BBs richocet (hit the brick wall behind me several times and the contruction workers next door before I put 2 & 2 together and figured out what was happening.)
    Cut down an allen wrench so I could loosen the barrel set screw(s) and remove the barrel to make it easier to take to friends houses. A 'takedown' version if you will. Resealed it at least once. My dad still had it for shooting squirells off the bird feeders. It needed another reseal and he noted the bbl was a sewer pipe - prob 10 yrs ago and threw it out. Bought a new 766(?) to replace it (the one w/ the handle on the bottom.)

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I still have my 760 XL and still shoots like it did on my birthday when I unwrapped the box.

Dad & Mom got it from the Best Products off Security Blvd. Damn, that was a great catalog store.

The secret to 760 longevity is No More than 10 Pumps.

Well maybe 11 once in awhile but definitely not 12 or more.

LRNAD90

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2015
    Balt. Co. MD
    My friend had a 760 Pumpmaster, got me hooked and eventually talked my parents into gettingme a Powermaster 66 (similar, but with a rifled barrel). Loved that rifle, wich I new what happened to it. Mother moved a few times, and it disappeared (along with far too many other things, but that is another story)..

Keep thinking about picking up a 2100 classic for old times sake, but wonder if I'd be better off to try to find an old Powermaster like I had, if I could find one in nice shape..

This guy aparently was lucky enough to find two at some shop, new in box (I'd never have that kind of luck)..

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    It would hold 25 pumps and shoot through a shovel blade!
    The secret to 760 longevity is No More than 10 Pumps.
    Well maybe 11 once in awhile but definitely not 12 or more.
    Got ours in the 60s or maybe early 70s. Couldn't pump it more than 10. I think my older bro may have it. Seals/rubber parts are probably shot. Used to shoot it in the basement at a metal trap that had small targets on a motorized belt.

Sirex