• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Since the 5th was the first appearance of the wand, I actually had a small Swiss army knife in one pocket and an EDC folder clipped in the other, as well as a handful of change. Nary a peep from the wand. But I will still leave such things in the car for future meetings.

PS anybody know what prompted the change?

I hate to bring it up again, but most likely the added security measure(even though it seems to be a bit of theater) is bc of some hostility toward some of the board members after the last meeting.

Didn't pick up mine either. All for show....

So instead of guessing how about we ask, which is what I did at the last meeting.

The Officer related that it was do to some idiot (my word not his) thinking that because they were armed security (and a former LEO), it was perfectly legal for them to bring their handgun into the Dec 15th meeting. The idiot was turned away and told to secure his handgun before he could enter.

And while I'm on the subject of idiots, if I ever find out who the responsible Party(s) are for in person threats to a couple of the members of the HPRB, I will make it my business to out you publicly and ensure that you never, ever have the ability to own a firearm or be a voice in the firearms community again!!!

That shit does not fly with me. You can bitch, moan and groan all you want, but when you cross the line to personal threats, you make the entire community look bad and I will do whatever is within my power and resources to correct that issue.

/RANT

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So instead of guessing how about we ask, which is what I did at the last meeting.

The Officer related that it was do to some idiot (my word not his) thinking that because they were armed security (and a former LEO), it was perfectly legal for them to bring their handgun into the Dec 15th meeting. The idiot was turned away and told to secure his handgun before he could enter.

And while I'm on the subject of idiots, if I ever find out who the responsible Party(s) are for in person threats to a couple of the members of the HPRB, I will make it my business to out you publicly and ensure that you never, ever have the ability to own a firearm or be a voice in the firearms community again!!!

That shit does not fly with me. You can bitch, moan and groan all you want, but when you cross the line to personal threats, you make the entire community look bad and I will do whatever is within my power and resources to correct that issue.

/RANT

I guess asking questions is always better than speculation. Thanks for that Dan. And I wholeheartedly agree with your last 2 sentences. :thumbsup:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

/RANT

I wouldn't necessarily call someone an idiot, if they believe they are within the bounds of their carry permit, for thinking they can carry a weapon into a shopping center building with ZERO signage at the entry door. They could just post a sign at the entrance of the building to keep the guns out. :innocent0

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, but it's time to share. I truly hope this helps others understand the situation . . .

Dear HGPRB:

Please accept this letter, and its attachments which are incorporated herein by reference, as my Notice of Appeal and Request for Hearing for the referenced Handgun Permit Application.

Introduction

The appeal is based on: 1) the Maryland State Police’s (“MSP”) failure to articulate a specific reason for denial in its untimely written decision contrary to the requirements of COMAR; 2) MSP’s continued .................

Just to beat someone to the punch...

82671-Ill-allow-it-Senor-Chang-commu-fErc.gif

After that, I'm surprised that wasn't the response..

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I wasn't guessing and don't really care, just making an observation and I'll stand by my original comment.

Was said idiot OC'ing? Otherwise how would Barney Fife at the door know he was carrying? I don't doubt you, just curious.

Agreed, if there was anything more than kvetching here on MDS then that was way over the top. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    /RANT

Hmmm....

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I vote Gryphon to sit on the HPRB.

Don't we all.

You almost wonder if already having a permit(if you wanted one, libtards need not apply) is a pseudo-prerequisite for being on the board. Or at least it gets you one automatically. What would happen if a sitting board member got denied by msp and needed to appear before their own board for review?

11_-_ovwyeh4.gif

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I wasn't calling into question you comment, just stating it really easy to ask.

Said IDIOT was IWB carrying with his shirt tucked in.

And for those folks (not directed at you) that think it's fine to "snatch the NRA hat of someones head with any remorse" perhaps you should rethink your hobby, and how your comments reflect on this community, as well as those that have made threatening phone calls, written threatening letters and threatened livelyhoods.

And doing it to folks that are in our own community....we are indeed our own worst enemy, we don't have to worry about Frosh, Miller, or Busch in this state, we will kill off our own movement on our own doing this shit.

If anyone reading this thinks it applies to you, then perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if it does.

/RANT#2

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I wouldn't necessarily call someone an idiot, if they believe they are within the bounds of their carry permit, for thinking they can carry a weapon into a shopping center building with ZERO signage at the entry door. They could just post a sign at the entrance of the building to keep the guns out. :innocent0

The sign in question is clearly posted before you go down the hallway, don't be giving someone a pass because they were an ass and you don't agree with the sign.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I hear what everyone is saying, but,.... lets agree it's somewhat ridicilous (no, it wasn't me). So, the cop (packing heat) thinks someone is an idiot for carrying.

Then we have Knuab and Co., all carrying in the event someone tries to rob them of paper clips, pencils, trapper keepers or other office supplies on their way to their cars.

So glad they are a of a higher class than us. What exactly is the nice man at the door protecting? Himself, the board members, us spectators?

Serious question, the dude is cool and real nice to deal with, I'm not breaking his balls, just wondering.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The sign in question is clearly posted before you go down the hallway, don't be giving someone a pass because they were an ass and you don't agree with the sign.

Huh? I never saw the sign. Maybe this person never saw it. If there is an existing history with this person driving your attitude toward them, then that is different, but someone just carrying, if they thought they were within their permit, and not seeing a sign, is nothing to be critical of. Sounds like the security guard offered him the opportunity to stow the firearm and return.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Huh? I never saw the sign. Maybe this person never saw it. If there is an existing history with this person driving your attitude toward them, then that is different, but someone just carrying, if they thought they were within their permit, and not seeing a sign, is nothing to be critical of. Sounds like the security guard offered him the opportunity to stow the firearm and return.

It's there. It's been there since we've started going to that building.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    New Year new me its time to get involved in all things 2A in Maryland. If anyone is heading to the meeting from the Cecil County area I would love to tag along. I would be willing to split the gas, and tolls. Send me a pm if you want a tag along.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    New Year new me its time to get involved in all things 2A in Maryland. If anyone is heading to the meeting from the Cecil County area I would love to tag along. I would be willing to split the gas, and tolls. Send me a pm if you want a tag along.

Glad to have ya zoomie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom