Retired Cmmdr of MSP Licensing Division: O'Malley, Brown kidding themselves w FSA2013

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    The average citizen that chooses to ignore or dismantle the 2nd Amendment will not bother to open their mind to what this retired MSP Commander is saying. Instead they will see this letter as a roadmap to where they need to go. Citizens who embrace the 2nd Amendment and are concerned about the constant attempts of infringement see this as a validation of what is occurring in this country. I see this as a validation of how the mainstream media failed to utilize the 1st Amendment as was intended by reporting unbiased and true facts as this MSP Commander describes when this was evolving during the legislative process when this bill was being discussed and ultimately passed. The media never reported the thousands who came to Annapolis against this bill, the media never provided the real data showing this bill was an appeal to ignorance. Sadly our citizens failed to check the facts and accepted what was glazed over or reported inaccurately. This scares me worse then any gun will ever scare me. An ignorant society, media that fails to tell the truth and politicians that have no problem telling lies is a very dangerous combination indeed.

This is what I was thinking. The anti's will see this and say "there are more that need to be banned? Wait a minute - who's the governor now? We need to top this!!!!".

It was great to hear this from someone in authority that actually ha some field data on the subject though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Too bad he didn't stand up and speak out about it when they were trying to pass this law in the first place. I do like that he basically refuted everything Brown's letter said, however it also gives them a shopping list if they wanted to go after more.

You do know that he was deposed in the Kolbe matter and provided a lot of testimony about how this was ALL about votes for O'Malley and not really about the children.

Just like reality TV stars, politicians have to stay in the lime light to keep their popularity up and garner votes for their next power grab. For O'Malley, that is running for President of the USA. FSA2013 put him out there for everybody to see, or in a lot of cases, ignore.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    And what do we have to look forward to?? The Md General Assembly of Ass-hats meet AGAIN next year!!!!

:asshat:

Well, with that attitude, you have a lot more crapola to look forward too.

This ends one of two ways. Enough people get sick and tired of this stuff, they get motivated, they get back to voting and appearing in Annapolis, and things get changed for the better, and I am not just talking about the 2nd Amendment.

Or, people get completely discouraged, like it appears you are, they either leave or they just go about their daily business, they put forth no effort to making changes, and then we have something akin to Detroit on a statewide sized venue instead of a city size venue.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Well, with that attitude, you have a lot more crapola to look forward too.

This ends one of two ways. Enough people get sick and tired of this stuff, they get motivated, they get back to voting and appearing in Annapolis, and things get changed for the better, and I am not just talking about the 2nd Amendment.

Or, people get completely discouraged, like it appears you are, they either leave or they just go about their daily business, they put forth no effort to making changes, and then we have something akin to Detroit on a statewide sized venue instead of a city size venue.
    You make a great point, but you can't blame him ( or anyone ) for being pessimistic in this State. That being said, your right, we all need to get motivated, get active and do more. Given the turn out for the last MSI meeting, I was a tadd discouraged, but press on I shall. Given the turn out for the primaries, I think we all were discouraged. What will it take to get more gun owners involved in politics in this State?

This forum has about 22k members and about as many un subscribed followers. How many members does MSI have? Not that many. How many members for MSRP? Not sure, but I can tell you their FB page has about 250 likes. Not, an impressive number. MD has enough folks in the Western, Northern, Eastern and Southern part of the State to challenge the lib central if only people actually got out there and got active. How do we get them to do that?

If every gun owner spent 10% annually on advocacy, of what he/she spent on arms and accessories annually, there might not be an issue for us. Think of it as ( tithing ) for the Second Amendment.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I didnt read all the pages on this thread, but I dont know if he is saying we need more legislation to plug all the holes in the law, or its a bad law and we need to get rid of it. Comments like "Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds will remain prevalent in our state forever. This law does nothing to change that." That comment makes me think he is an anti. Anyone know?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I didnt read all the pages on this thread, but I dont know if he is saying we need more legislation to plug all the holes in the law, or its a bad law and we need to get rid of it. Comments like "Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds will remain prevalent in our state forever. This law does nothing to change that." That comment makes me think he is an anti. Anyone know?

Yes we know him. Bottom line good guy..not always the best communictor. His message is getting lost in too much detail.

But it is this , at least based on the info I have in person, MOM does not give a crap about the issue and the mga did not hear my testimony as an expert since I was ordered to be silent.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Terrible letter . Didn't even scratch the surface but gave them a list for next GA. Thanks for nothing, officer.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Retired Cmmdr of MSP Licensing Division: O'Malley, Brown kidding themselves w...

This doesn't say anything that the educated electorate doesn't already know. The uneducated electorate - which makes up the majority of votes in Md and, unfortunately, doesn't read the paper and votes on the sole basis of who will give them free Swisher Sweets and Obama phones - will never see, much less comprehend, this article. #preachingtothechoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Time to start that .308 build I have been planing before the prices get jacked when legislation is introduced for them to be banned
    Maybe if everyone who felt that way put that build money into MSI or MSRP instead......we wouldn't have to worry about these ( bans )

Not saying what you are or are not, but every gun owner should belong to at least 3 gun rights groups. One at the local level, one at the state level and one just for fun.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    People told the legislators about the AR-10's, HBAR's etc. still being legal during the oral testimony for SB-281. If they really wanted to ban them, they'd have amended it then.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is why we get nowhere, fast.

The littlest hint of a new problem, people think about getting more guns first.

"the Right of the People to keep and bear arms"

This phrase gives us our priorities.

Protect the Right.
    Enable the People.
    Keep becomes a natural consequence.
    Bear prevents having to repeat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member