• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighter_21701

Aug 19, 2012
    FLORIDA
    In the process of building an AR not far into the progress yet money and time are not there yet. Looking for a good set of flip up backup sights as I'm planning on a red dot of some brand (that's a whole other issue). What are some if the best backup sights to use and how are the MBUS backups? Please be patient if I don't respond right away I'm a truck driver and am currently getting loaded so I should be back on the road shortly. Thank you for the input in advance

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    The magpul sights are great. However a direct drop is going to take them out.

How often is that going to happen? Probably never, or at least never until the SHTF.

I like them because they are light.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Wrong. The MBUS are very rugged. Here's a test to prove it: http://kitup.military.com/2012/07/back-up-iron-sight-drop-test.html

Just make sure you get real ones and not the chinese knock offs.

Well, I saw a test to the contrary. Yeah I know where is the link.... That's the problem with tests. Anyone can do them, have varying degrees of control and make their own conclusions. This same test also saw the diamond head sights get taken out. I will have to find it......

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    If you want something affortable, and other than magpul, try out the israeli made Fab Defense FPS flip up sights. You can find them on amazon, a pair is about $65 and shipping included. It is the same class as magpul gen1 MBUS but works differently. I actually like it more since its not spring loaded. Same height as Magpul mbus.

If you order it, they ship it from israel directly which took about 3 weeks for it to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom