• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What did the price end up being on these. I'm interested.

It depends on the shop. At Scotts the std PPQ is $599 before Tax, MSP Fee and MD Approved Lock

First Edition is $725.00 before Tax, MSP Fee and MD Approved Lock (This Model Has Adjustable Nights Sights and Threaded Barrel)

If people pay cash they get 3% off and MDS members get 5% off.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    HK P30 9mm
    HK P2000 9mm
    HK USP Tactical 9mm (SD)
    German SIG 226 9mm
    S&W 952 9mm
    SIG P210 9mm
    M&P 9, 9L, or Pro 9mm
    Glock 17, 19 9mm
    Beretta M9, 92 9mm
    CZ 75 9mm
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm

Hmm. I have the BHP, a CZ-75B and the S&W Pro.

My P226 is a 2000 vintage gun. Chad is that good enough??

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hmm. I have the BHP, a CZ-75B and the S&W Pro.

My P226 is a 2000 vintage gun. Chad is that good enough??

If its not N.H. marked you should be golden. If its N.H. and has ran fine then you have nothing to worry about if you have used it thoroughly.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    HK P30 9mm
    HK P2000 9mm
    HK USP Tactical 9mm (SD)
    German SIG 226 9mm
    S&W 952 9mm
    SIG P210 9mm
    M&P 9, 9L, or Pro 9mm
    Glock 17, 19 9mm
    Beretta M9, 92 9mm
    CZ 75 9mm
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm

Interesting list. I know the OP did not specify striker versus hammer fired, but you don't seem to mind the DA/SA transition of hammer fired pistols since many hammer fired pistols ranked high on your list.

The OP who posed the question should test fire before buying. I tried the P30 and despite a lot of good opinions about it, could not get past DA/SA transition and even SA was not that great IMO. DA was way hard and long. Also, it was not as comfortable as I thought it would be, but I didn't get to adjust grips because it was a rental. Overall, I was surprisingly underwhelmed by P30, but I'm no expert.

I have an M&P and love it out to 15 yards. It is bone stock, and the trigger does not bother me. Probably because I broke it in, having shot several thousand rounds through it already. On the other hand, I can't shoot accurately past 15 yards, but it could be me. My accuracy within 15 yards has improved the more I shoot the gun.

Can't decide whether to upgrade trigger with DCAEK and night sights (the white dots in original sight are either dirty or fell out) or buy PPQ. M&P has excellent customer service, from what I've heard, seems easy to work on based on videos I've seen (still don't know if I trust myself to work on them though) and seem to have parts, magazines and holsters, etc. readily available, but there ain't no way I'm springing for an aftermarket barrel.

With PPQ, I would just purchase night sights I presume, but don't know if I can maintain it on my own, whether parts are readily available, level of customer service or whether there are plethora of holster/aftermarket options. Also, I like that there is an M&P compact (Chad, I know you said a PPQ C is in the works, but is several years away). After feeling a PPS, that is out for me so I'd want a compact to go with full size.

And, a part of me really likes having an American made gun.

The struggle continues... :) Why can't money grow on trees.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Interesting list. I know the OP did not specify striker versus hammer fired, but you don't seem to mind the DA/SA transition of hammer fired pistols since many hammer fired pistols ranked high on your list.

The OP who posed the question should test fire before buying. I tried the P30 and despite a lot of good opinions about it, could not get past DA/SA transition and even SA was not that great IMO. DA was way hard and long. Also, it was not as comfortable as I thought it would be, but I didn't get to adjust grips because it was a rental. Overall, I was surprisingly underwhelmed by P30, but I'm no expert.

I have an M&P and love it out to 15 yards. It is bone stock, and the trigger does not bother me. Probably because I broke it in, having shot several thousand rounds through it already. On the other hand, I can't shoot accurately past 15 yards, but it could be me. My accuracy within 15 yards has improved the more I shoot the gun.

Can't decide whether to upgrade trigger with DCAEK and night sights (the white dots in original sight are either dirty or fell out) or buy PPQ. M&P has excellent customer service, from what I've heard, seems easy to work on based on videos I've seen (still don't know if I trust myself to work on them though) and seem to have parts, magazines and holsters, etc. readily available, but there ain't no way I'm springing for an aftermarket barrel.

With PPQ, I would just purchase night sights I presume, but don't know if I can maintain it on my own, whether parts are readily available, level of customer service or whether there are plethora of holster/aftermarket options. Also, I like that there is an M&P compact (Chad, I know you said a PPQ C is in the works, but is several years away). After feeling a PPS, that is out for me so I'd want a compact to go with full size.
    And, a part of me really likes having an American made gun.

The struggle continues... :) Why can't money grow on trees.

221157969_d4695d4abc_b[1].jpg
    :innocent0

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I went to a few places yesterday to try and get my mitts on one to see how it felt, but I didn't find one. Does anybody have them in stock?

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Cool, I'll probably stop in after work and check it out. If I like it I'll buy it, if I don't, I think it's going to be the M&P9 Pro.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Atlantic Guns in Rockville, MoCo has the PPQ (2) in 9mm and 1 .40 - $729 each. They also had the P99c for $825.

I thought I was going to buy an M&P.....The trigger guard is massive on the PPQ tho'. Which I guess is good if you have sausage fingers or gloves on. There's a ton of room in there.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Atlantic Guns in Rockville, MoCo has the PPQ (2) in 9mm and 1 .40 - $729 each. They also had the P99c for $825.

I thought I was going to buy an M&P.....The trigger guard is massive on the PPQ tho'. Which I guess is good if you have sausage fingers or gloves on. There's a ton of room in there.

Ah, good ole Atlantic, pricing guns above MSRP again.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

The sale at scotts on PPQ's allow someone to get a PPQ First Edition with a threaded barrel and night sights for $749.00 for the base gun. You also have to add a MD Approved Lock (Customers CAN bring their own), $10.00 MSP paperwork fee, and 6% MD Sales Tax.

Cash gets 3% off the lock (If the customer cant provide one) and base gun which brings the base gun to $727.00 ($2.00 cheaper) and your getting a Hicap, night sights and threaded barrel for the price they are charging.

Last edited:

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Ah, good ole Atlantic, pricing guns above MSRP again.

There was as used XD .40 in there for $685. I about sh@t myself. Maybe it came with a bunch of stuff. $609 for a M&Pc .45 I didn't think was too bad.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Are the PPQs true double action, or are they "safe action" like Glocks?

012-7[1].jpg
    double-action doesn't apply to striker-fired guns. "safe action" essentially means when you press the trigger to the rear, the trigger bar w/ attached sear pulls the striker back a little bit and then falls out of the way when the end cams down on the connector, allowing the striker to be pushed forward by the striker spring and hit the primer. At the same time, your finger disengages the trigger safety and the trigger bar moves the striker safety out of the way. To the shooter, this translates as a trigger with a relatively short 5.5 lb pull that resets quickly and doesn't require the full draw stroke to reset.

The PPQ appears to be the same trigger as my p99, but with the "Double action" claw removed. Essentially in the p99AS, there are two sears...the DA and SA sear. With the striker decocked, the DA sear grabs the striker, draws it to the rear, and falls in a "roughly" similar way to the glock. In SA, the striker is pre-cocked and rests on a sear hook(more similar to the m&p's). When you pull the trigger in SA mode, the trigger bar essentially kicks the legs out from beneath the SA sear and it falls down and out of the way of the striker. In either DA or SA, the p99's trigger bar also pushes the striker safety up and out of the way on it's rearward stroke.

SOooooo...is it a "double-action"? No. It's technically a "quick defense" trigger. It's a fully pre-loaded striker, resting on a sear hook. The trigger pull just engages the disconnect lever that props up the sear hook and allows the striker to be pushed forward. To the shooter, it means you've got a VERY consistent ~5 lb trigger that breaks cleanly and has that incredibly short .1" reset, every time you press the trigger. There's still the trigger safety(it pivots and a block against the frame moves into a slot and allows it to move rearward) and the striker safety keeping it from firing, but they're both passive.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ok, let me rephrase the question... if the primer fails to ignite, can I just pull the trigger again and have something happen?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom