• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have always been a Walther P99 fan. Its what a German pistol is all about. I have always been a P99 fan but the Triggers sucked and until recently didnt have a standard accessory rail. I hate Walthers P22's and their PK380's. They are complete junk IMHO. The P99 line and PPQ line are real German Machines.

The Trigger is so sweet it rivals a reworked APEX S&W M&P Trigger. It has to be felt to be appreciated. The Trigger itself it very Glock like. TO make a Glock or M&P feel this nice youll have to put about $150.00 into them. This gun feels than nice out of the box. Reset is SUPER short.

The Slide Release and Mag Release is on both sides (AMBI).

It has removable backstraps and fits a hand amazingly well. Theres a Lanyard Loop Built into all of the Backstraps. I think all combat handguns should have a lanyard loop.

It has a standard Accessory Rail so Lights and Lasers will work perfectly.

The Decocker and Striker Indicator were deleted on the PPQ (The P99 Had them), but this isnt a bad feature. The Striker is distracting on the P99 IMHO and can allow dirt to enter the striker assembly.

It has Factory Adjustable 3 Dot Sights (P99 Night Sights work on this gun).

The Magazines hold 15 but 17 rounders are available. P99 Magazines work on this model too.

It is about 20-30% more accurate than an M&P9. I put it on par with HK and German SIG accuracy.

For about $575.00-$600.00 you get a gun thats in the same price range as a M&P and rivals ergos/controls, sights, trigger, and accuracy. Cant beat the value. Im selling my M&P to buy one. Ill buy a compact when it comes out too.

cat_page_ppq_tech_lg.jpg

5755724615_52eb025746_z.jpg

WAP00Q90.jpg

Military Arms Channel did a review too.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Looks damn fine out of the box, if I'm in the market for another 9mike, that will DEFINITELY be on the short list.

Future purchase for sure..., I'm just having too much fun with this BHP I got passed down to me...

Oh no..., they show the .40 short and wimpy version...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Isn't this the part of the show where someone says they are going to wait until all the "bugs" are worked out? Ha ha ha

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Isn't this the part of the show where someone says they are going to wait until all the "bugs" are worked out? Ha ha ha

I havent handled a ton of them and I have waited as long as I can to hold my tongue. If they start crapping out Ill recant my endorsement.

Its a nice gun at the moment.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I really don't understand why the p99 got slept on here in the states.
    The ergos on mine make me more than happy. And now that I am used to the AS trigger I don't have a complaint about it.
    On that note would it be worth upgrading to the ppq? Is it really worth getting used to a new trigger system to have it? Any real differences besides the trigger and non exposed striker?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I really don't understand why the p99 got slept on here in the states.
    The ergos on mine make me more than happy. And now that I am used to the AS trigger I don't have a complaint about it.
    On that note would it be worth upgrading to the ppq? Is it really worth getting used to a new trigger system to have it? Any real differences besides the trigger and non exposed striker?

It is only something you can decide. If I had a P99 I would sell it to fund this gun.

The Pros besides the hidden Striker you get an Ambi Slidestop, and Standard Rail (Newer P99's do have Std Rails) amazing, and I mean amazing Trigger.

The Trigger does it for me and alone is worth the upgrade.

I agree it is the most underrated gun in the past 10 years. Its an amazing gun, it just got better. Many will see the PPQ as a new gun but its not, its just an evolved P99.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I have always been a Walther P99 fan. Its what a German pistol is all about. I have always been a P99 fan but the Triggers sucked and until recently didnt have a standard accessory rail. The P99 line and PPQ line are real German Machines.

Have you had the chance to handle the SW99?? is everything the same or are there variation that S&W had done?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Have you had the chance to handle the SW99?? is everything the same or are there variation that S&W had done?

They were a poor copy IMHO. The Triggers were worse and the Accuracy and Durability wasnt as strong as the German counterpart IMO. I always viewed the SW99 and S&W's attempt to get away from the Sigma and break into the higher tier Striker Fired market, more of a guinea pig to making the M&P.

If I had to break it down the SW99 is a WASR10 and the P99 is an Arsenal.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    They were a poor copy IMHO. The Triggers were worse and the Accuracy and Durability wasnt as strong as the German counterpart IMO. I always viewed the SW99 and S&W's attempt to get away from the Sigma and break into the higher tier Striker Fired market, more of a guinea pig to making the M&P.

If I had to break it down the SW99 is a WASR10 and the P99 is an Arsenal.

I figured as much...Thanks!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I can't get past the trigger guard mag release. That's the only problem I have with the new Wathers.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I have been following these as well. I'd buy one. It's nice to see a pistol coming out that I wouldn't want to immediately modify (except maybe the sights).

Already invested pretty heavily in the M&P though, and I am very happy/content with mine.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    nice...

>>Cant beat the value. Im selling my M&P to buy one.

I was thinking about dropping my M&P 9 off at 2A today to put it on consignment. Where did you buy the PPQ?

Shooter's Discount had a few SW99s a little over a month ago and I thought about picking one up, but I wasn't overly impressed with the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom