• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I believe that is all... Went from ambidextrous to reversible, I emailed Comp-tac about holster compatibiity.

I made a bigger deal out of it than what it is, but I do not feel like it is an improvement...

There's ups and downs in a combat pistol really.

For ambi's you run the risk of your wrap around hand hitting it. For reversible you can set it up for your strong hand only decreasing the chances of hitting or riding it as your finger is on the slide or trigger.

The down side is when doing off hand shooting it can be hard to hit it...I for one do not like ambi's and would rather have reversible on combat/ccw firearms.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Mags also aren't compatible between the PPQ M2 and the PPQ Classic.

I hope thats not true, Walther mags are expensive enough, they would be foolish to have gone away from the p99 mags.

It appears your correct, the part numbers are different for mags from p99 to PPQ m2:banghead:

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    I hope thats not true, Walther mags are expensive enough, they would be foolish to have gone away from the p99 mags.

It appears your correct, the part numbers are different for mags from p99 to PPQ m2:banghead:

One of the reasons I didn't buy another PPQ like I originally wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I love my PPQ 40. I'm just not willing to go through the headaches I had getting mags for it all over again in 9mm.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I've been running the Desert Eagle Fast Action mags in my 9mm PPQ without a problem. The SW99 mags also seem to work fine.

The OEM Walther mags though, are a work of art. :thumbsup:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I've been running the Desert Eagle Fast Action mags in my 9mm PPQ without a problem. The SW99 mags also seem to work fine.

The OEM Walther mags though, are a work of art. :thumbsup:

Where did you find the Desert eagle mags? Can't seem to find them or any other PPQ compatible mag.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I ran into one magnum research baby eagle mag at the timonium gun show but was not going to pay 40 bucks for it. Also anyone know of any shops carring the 9mm PPQ around?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I ran into one magnum research baby eagle mag at the timonium gun show but was not going to pay 40 bucks for it. Also anyone know of any shops carring the 9mm PPQ around?

Mark at 2A Sales had a good number of them not to long ago...

You can order the Fast Action mags directly from Magnum Research's web page.

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    Welcome to the family, sorry for dragging this back to the top, but its great to see so many people buying PPQ's. My best friend shot mine and bought one as well... My only complaint is the sights are soft plastic and get dinged up very very easily. So a set of meprolights/trijicons should be considered... Any night sights made for the p99s will fit just fine..

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Walther is great, I love my p99 QA .40 and my PPS, anyone hear about the PPX? Wondering if anyone got their hands on one yet....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom