• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • expat

Aug 29, 2012
    I predict end of 2014.

Obama will stage an(other) incident and they will say they tried but it is just too dangerous to the public to allow the grandfathered firearms to remain. They will give us 120 day to voluntarily turn in or dispose of our firearms. That will get around 90%. Then they will try to come get the rest. That will get another 7-8%. Then they will have a 30 day general amnesty. That will get another % or so. They will then WACO the rest.

No, you are way too pessimistic. First, they have to get gun registration through the House, and that ain't going to happen before 2015, at the earliest.
    If they ever pass that, there will be widespread civil disobedience on actual registration, and the program will be a failure like it has been in Canada. As far as any eventual collection goes, they will have to buy back the guns turned in and the cost of that will be too large to get through Congress, who will prefer to spend the money on Boomer healthcare and SS.

On_Target

Feb 7, 2013
    NO The reason is to bait us into responding in a way that justifies the use of that arsenal.
    There is a reason the information, which could easily be hidden behind a black project is being released. Do not be manipulated.

Support of gun laws is soft and they know it. So they invent some and push our paranoia buttons. And if we or anyone responds, then they get what they want. Please stay calm.

Sage advice. You my friend are on point. The agitators are in full swing, this is a real campaign of coercion. Thanks for bringing light to it.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    No, you are way too pessimistic. First, they have to get gun registration through the House, and that ain't going to happen before 2015, at the earliest.
    If they ever pass that, there will be widespread civil disobedience on actual registration, and the program will be a failure like it has been in Canada. As far as any eventual collection goes, they will have to buy back the guns turned in and the cost of that will be too large to get through Congress, who will prefer to spend the money on Boomer healthcare and SS.

I think similar sentiment was expressed about the elections, national debt, obamacare, etc.. Never say never anymore.:sad20:

expat

Aug 29, 2012
    I think similar sentiment was expressed about the elections, national debt, obamacare, etc.. Never say never anymore.:sad20:

Nothing is impossible, but the OP was talking probabilities, and so should we.
    There is a big difference between politicians' work and other group efforts and an individual 'forgetting' to register his well-loved firearms.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    That is why it is important to keep up the war on drugs. Drug dealers/runners/users/etc are 'expendable' assets.

Right. There are a lot of jobs(cops, DEA, prison guards, etc.) and money tied up in the FAILED war on drugs. Canibus is now LEGAL in WA & CO, and practically legal in CA.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    What do you mean by "stage an(other) incident"?

We know for a fact that Holder was funneling guns to Mexican drug gangs, while Hillary was proclaiming throughout the land that "our lax gun laws are fueling Mexican violence".

Then, he got caught, red-handed. Amazingly, he's not only not behind bars, he's actually still in office.

Still, after being exposed, Holder was caught telling Sarah Brady that he was working on something "under the radar".

Wonder what it was? Because nothing else has happened since that time, except for 2 or 3 remarkably-well-timed mass executions, by mentally ill persons. And we know for a fact that our own government has conducted programs to test whether psychiatrists, using drugs, can program test subjects to kill. (This is not tin-foil stuff, this is very well documented.)

We have video proof of Holder telling people ~15 years ago, that people needed to be "brainwashed" into accepting gun control.

You don't have to be a tinfoil conspiracy nut to suspect that something really, really stinks here.

Would militant left-wingers ever pull off something so sick, to further their agenda? I knew one or two, in my youth, who I have no doubt would. Zero doubt. Most average, good people cannot accept that truly sick, evil people like this do exist. And that is why these truly sick and evil people can and do get away with it. They thrive on the disbelief of good people - they depend on it.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    People fail to realize this is a long term game for the opposition. Confiscation may not occur in most of our lifetimes, but I believe we are so far down the wrong path, the day is coming when they will try it...

Guns are demonized in school...Children are being conditioned to fear guns.

We are holding on to the courts by our fingernails (if that..see Roberts).

Every SINGLE INCH we give up get's us closer to the day we are like England and Australia.

Hunters beware - once the semi autos are gone, we'll have another bell-tower bolt action mass murder and those will be next. As far as I'm concerned, the NRA membership that are part of the "You don't need an AR-15 to hunt" crowd are WORSE than the liberals.

Politicians LIE.

I absolutely believe confiscation is coming, but I'm giving it 20 to 50 years. As far as I'm concerned there's no "common sense approach". It's death by 1000 cuts, and we've given up enough already. Once we lose the supreme court, it's a matter of time. The second amendment will be repealed or neutered to the point of uselessness.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Nothing is impossible, but the OP was talking probabilities, and so should we.
    There is a big difference between politicians' work and other group efforts and an individual 'forgetting' to register his well-loved firearms.
    I'm not following where you are going with that.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Ok, I keep hearing and seeing references to "Martial Law" as if it is a possibility. According to the US Constitution, Article 4 section 4, we are guaranteed a "Republican form of Government". Martial law is not that. When/if they declare a state of "martial law" the government has ceased to be the legitimate government of the US. Even a lawyer would have no trouble figureing that out. So if that happens, behave accordingly.

As far as the forces of confiscation go, what the heck do you think the DHS is for? They are to protect the government from we the people. They have no other function. Look at what they actually DO, not what they claim.

Finally, the way to start rolling this foolishness back is to do away with the unaccountable no printed record voting machines. I strongly suspect that hand counted ballots might well have a different vote total than the machines they forced on us.... Why else would there be no permanet record of the votes cast?

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    If it comes, it will come inch by inch by inch, not in a big grab next year.

30 years ago, there were only a few states that allowed concealed carry, and now there are many more, and it works well. That is why it is important to keep fighting. Don't give an inch if you can help it.

If SB 281/HB294 passes, we fight in court.

If it passes, it should galvanize MD gun owners to become involved in politics, volunteer for gun friendly campaigns.

Contribute even small amounts to friendly politicians and organizations, even if it just enough for 1 box of cartridges.

I think we should fight this battle, then win, lose, or draw, see if we can start an offensive to kill the expended cartridge requirement, whatever fight happens with the Woolard decision. I think this is the strategy being used against us, ie carpet bombing us with new stupid regulations so we keep on the defensive.

Did we give up after the Germans bombed Pearl harbor? Who's with me, (As Bluto runs out of the room......)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    People fail to realize this is a long term game for the opposition. Confiscation may not occur in most of our lifetimes, but I believe we are so far down the wrong path, the day is coming when they will try it...

Guns are demonized in school...Children are being conditioned to fear guns.

We are holding on to the courts by our fingernails (if that..see Roberts).

Every SINGLE INCH we give up get's us closer to the day we are like England and Australia.

Hunters beware - once the semi autos are gone, we'll have another bell-tower bolt action mass murder and those will be next. As far as I'm concerned, the NRA membership that are part of the "You don't need an AR-15 to hunt" crowd are WORSE than the liberals.

Politicians LIE.

I absolutely believe confiscation is coming, but I'm giving it 20 to 50 years. As far as I'm concerned there's no "common sense approach". It's death by 1000 cuts, and we've given up enough already. Once we lose the supreme court, it's a matter of time. The second amendment will be repealed or neutered to the point of uselessness.

Then don't let it happen. When I ask to look at a bolt gun, I call it a sniper rifle. Every time. It turns heads and it starts conversations. And it move s hunters into our camp.

We have made real wins in the court. Shall issue is now the norm,and still you ignore this and see only the pathetic attempts of our opposition. We will not loose the court if we hold the Senate. More to the point do you see liberals joining the police force or the military? Who will do the nations dirty work when the left takes over? Hell who will work at all? Stop worrying about what will happen and work to stop it now.

And the official position of the NRA is with us. That's what matters. And the rest will fall in line ....as soon as we reeducated them.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Ok, I keep hearing and seeing references to "Martial Law" as if it is a possibility. According to the US Constitution, Article 4 section 4, we are guaranteed a "Republican form of Government". Martial law is not that. When/if they declare a state of "martial law" the government has ceased to be the legitimate government of the US. Even a lawyer would have no trouble figureing that out. So if that happens, behave accordingly.

As far as the forces of confiscation go, what the heck do you think the DHS is for? They are to protect the government from we the people. They have no other function. Look at what they actually DO, not what they claim.

Finally, the way to start rolling this foolishness back is to do away with the unaccountable no printed record voting machines. I strongly suspect that hand counted ballots might well have a different vote total than the machines they forced on us.... Why else would there be no permanet record of the votes cast?

As someone who worked at the polls I can tell you there is a printed record from the voting machines after the election. It is also required that they be posted for the public to see for a certain time after the election is completed.

I'm not sure of the specifics but that was done where I was.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    They no longer teach the constitution in school

The reason our children do not understand or even know about the our constitution is that they no longer teach it in the government schools.

I just attended a seminar given by an economic Harvard trained (yes trained) expert at the local community college here is a summary of what he wanted the 20 somethings to know;

That the older folks are keeping their jobs longer and "we want them out so we can have their jobs".
    That the people in the neighboring county are "losers" because they have a lower percentage of 4 year degrees.
    That the youth of the United States are lost and need to get focused on what they want to do for a living much sooner, like the Chinese.

To me, it sounded like a hate crime against the aging, a competition for the all mighty degree and a proposed violation of child labor laws (chain them to the desk from age 4 to 94). Our children are not the property of the United States as a natural resource.

No wonder they have so many school shootings.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Election fraud is one issue that the left supports us on. Join them in that fight, as I have. We do not have to be the lead on everything.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    We know for a fact that Holder was funneling guns to Mexican drug gangs, while Hillary was proclaiming throughout the land that "our lax gun laws are fueling Mexican violence".

Then, he got caught, red-handed. Amazingly, he's not only not behind bars, he's actually still in office.

Still, after being exposed, Holder was caught telling Sarah Brady that he was working on something "under the radar".

Wonder what it was? Because nothing else has happened since that time, except for 2 or 3 remarkably-well-timed mass executions, by mentally ill persons. And we know for a fact that our own government has conducted programs to test whether psychiatrists, using drugs, can program test subjects to kill. (This is not tin-foil stuff, this is very well documented.)

We have video proof of Holder telling people ~15 years ago, that people needed to be "brainwashed" into accepting gun control.

You don't have to be a tinfoil conspiracy nut to suspect that something really, really stinks here.

Would militant left-wingers ever pull off something so sick, to further their agenda? I knew one or two, in my youth, who I have no doubt would. Zero doubt. Most average, good people cannot accept that truly sick, evil people like this do exist. And that is why these truly sick and evil people can and do get away with it. They thrive on the disbelief of good people - they depend on it.

Guess what, the public knows this. They care but they are afraid to speak out. Our job is to make them less afraid. It will happen,but we must make it happen. That is our job, to help people see and accept what they allready know. Go slow and kill them with kindness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom