• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hansohn Brothers

Jul 3, 2012
    I got one, but I scored mine from Hansohn Brothers. A great shop and I am definitely going to buy from them whenever possible!

Sent from my android device using carrier pigeons.

Thanks, we certainly appreciate it! I have one more left @ $580 out the door.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    there are a couple of IPs selling these for $580 OTD so how much are you saving even if you did pay $500 + shipping + transfer fee.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    there are a couple of IPs selling these for $580 OTD so how much are you saving even if you did pay $500 + shipping + transfer fee.

Exactly. $500. $22 for shipping. And then awesome average transfer fees range from $50 (yay you're saving 8 dollars!) to $100.

Why not skip the 8 dollars and just drive to an IP that has it?

(mind you if the deal was better from the web, my cheapskate nature would totally support you but this deal is a no brainer)

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Exactly. $500. $22 for shipping. And then awesome average transfer fees range from $50 (yay you're saving 8 dollars!) to $100.

Why not skip the 8 dollars and just drive to an IP that has it?

(mind you if the deal was better from the web, my cheapskate nature would totally support you but this deal is a no brainer)

My thoughts exactly.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    The 5 mags really sweeten the deal, especially if you can get them outside of MD.

Sent from my android device using carrier pigeons.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I finally got my accessories. Apparently they had been sitting on my porch in a package, unbeknownst to me for at least a day or two due to my girlfriend moving it behind some stuff so it 'wouldn't get stolen'

The mags look literally factory new. Have to remember to take them with me the next time I go out of state to de-ban them.

I was a little disappointed in the condition of the bayonet, as it was almost in the white, until I realized I could easily re-blue it, and by doing so I could sharpen it first so that I would not mess up the bluing by sharpening it- so with a whet stone I tapered the point to an extremely sharp tip, and then put a preliminary edge onto the front facing blade, and then finished it up with a DiamondHead pull knife sharpener, and now it's razor sharp.

I was originally going to slow rust blue the blade, since I've been having great success with a solution of 2 parts bleach one part vinegar and a heated moisture controlled area to induce 'velvet rust' before the boil, but I realized that even with the finest results I was getting I would probably not be able to retain the razor sharp edge I had created through the repeated rustings and carding processes.

So I hit it with a quick phosphate base finish (to give a nice porous base coat to hold oil) and then a glossy oxphoblue on top, as the Selenium really gives a gorgous color, and I've found that the phosphoric acid and other elements of the oxphoblue actually give it the ability to confer some serious corrosion protection, rather than just a pretty coating, although I've found that unless the metal is heated very hot before application, and allowed to completely run through it's process terminating with what appears to be a white or light brown crust that must be polished off to reveal an even glossy blue, then the base coat will not develop as thickly as I usually like it to be underneath the glossy selenium layer, and so I chose to phosphate quickly beforehand just to be on the safe side.

Will post pictures soon

Hansohn Brothers

Jul 3, 2012
    haha, do you only get one at a time? You always have only one left, and it's gone through seven or eight rifles that way!

LOL! I only had 2 but folks would bail on the deal. If anybody wants one or ten call with your credit card ready. I have 25 available to be delivered Wednesday. $580 out the door.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    the refinished bayonet:
    sunshineface1.jpg

sunshineface2.jpg

sunshineface.jpg

A_Nonymous

Jun 13, 2011
    What she looks like now:

VZ1Edited_zps54346db9.jpg

I used paracord as well, but went about it differently. That's a King Cobra all the way down the stock and then on the buttpad I took a piece of dense closed-cell pipe insulation and paracord wrapped it to provide cushion. I haven't shot it yet, but we'll see. Really experimenting with various options at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom