• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Is the MD AWB tied up at 4CA also because of Keenan?

No. Three different Circuit Court Judges heard this case.

No. This is not correct.

Judge Richardson sat on both panels.

Richardson was assigned to hear both Bianchi and the HQL, and wrote the decision here, which Judge Agee joined.

This is significant, because Judge Richardson can be expected to bring similar reasoning to the pending decision in Bianchi, whenever it is released.

Senior Judge Keenan, the third judge on this panel, took senior status in August 2021, and is the dissenter here.

Judge Thacker, who appears to be the holdout in Bianchi, sat on that panel with Judge Richardson and Judge Niemeyer.

Both Keenan and Thacker were nominated by Barack Obama.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    $50 for the 1st 10 years then $20 for next 10 years. That’s not going to break the bank. The seminar/live firing with an LEO/Instructor I found truly helpful specially for the missus. Same sentiments shared by female goers in our class who had a lot of scenario questions to ask the LEO/Instructor. IMO the HQL is redundant as you would be going through another background check when buying a firearm anyway. So why 2 background checks with the HQL’s going to be outdated in 30 days time? I did it for the kicks of an HQL card that would have my photo and name on it that’s 2A specific in MD. No real time wasted being at the range with the missus doing some training together. Now will the HQL attainment process filter out crazies? No! Will it prevent bad guys from obtaining firearms illegally? No! Is the HQL as waste of time? Maybe! It’s just a thing that can be made unique to MD like Old Bay.
    Paging @eruby for a new shine box to be ordered.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What's the actual deal with the 77R other than it being used as a money maker, at $10 a pop, for the State. Do they do anything more than process the NICS checks?
    NICS and 17 other databases get checked in total by MSP, to include your medical records (if any) at DHMH.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    that only happens when? Wellness stuff? No HIPAA stuff with that or is that public record?
    You sign away any HIPAA issues when you sign the 77R, they can look at anything they want, but generally concentrate on mental health and drug use.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    How bout my son...can he sue?
    for the 40,001st time...NO

Do people not understand basic middle school civics??
    You can sue the Government to get them to stop applying an Unconstitutional Law. If you win, you can then request them to reimburse you legal fees.

You cannot sue a government to reimburse a fee, that at the time it was paid, was legal. It really is that simple.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD

You can sue the Government to get them to stop applying an Unconstitutional Law. If you win, you can then request them to reimburse you legal fees.

You cannot sue a government to reimburse a fee, that at the time it was paid, was legal. It really is that simple.

But what about if I pay it, while protesting it, but it’s legal, however been struck down in court, is still the law, but the internet said I could?

And as we all know if it’s on the internet it must be true.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

:rasp:
    Sorry...guess I should have made it obvious that I was joking.

Last edited:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    OK, next dumb question for the day...the state has 14 days to appeal and the ruling takes effect in 21 days, is the count for this time frame from yesterday or does it need to wait for the mandate from the 4th circuit before the countdown starts?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    But what about if I pay it, while protesting it, but it’s legal, however been struck down in court, is still the law, but the internet said I could?

And as we all know if it’s on the internet it must be true.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, you owe me a new fvcking beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom