• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am also a lay person. The decision was just released within the past hour. We will wait for our legal team to issue guidance

Last edited:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Reading now, but my preliminary read is that HQL is dead in the water

"Plaintiffs’ challenge thus must succeed, and the district court’s contrary decision must be REVERSED"

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    How far of a stretch is it to say that training is no longer required for the W&C based on what the judges said in the ruling?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why bother to appeal? The Bruen reasoning was used to win this. SCOTUS isn’t going to change their reasoning

Of course the rabid gun grabber in the MGA will toss away our money to make themselves feel good.

Let the hand wringing begin. I’m going to get my boots on for the upcoming rivers of blood

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    What happens to these types of rulings if and when the Supreme Court changes into a left leaning majority ? We got very lucky with the timing of recent 2A rulings.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The only bad scenario is if overturned en Banc and then SCOTUS refuses to grant CERT.

I doubt SCOTUS will allow the method from Bruen to be tampered with by an En Banc panel.

If en Banc reverses SCOTUS will take it and give them a royal slap down

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We are, I assume, expecting the state to appeal. Correct?
    IANAL but I believe the next step would be a possible en banc hearing, if this is overturned at that time I'm sure MSI et al would appeal to the Supremes and what does the MD AG's office think would happen then?

This one is dead, give it a proper burial and move on. They still have the 77R and a waiting period.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    The only bad scenario is if overturned en Banc and then SCOTUS refuses to grant CERT.

I doubt SCOTUS will allow the method from Bruen to be tampered with by an En Banc panel.

If en Banc reverses SCOTUS will take it and give them a royal slap down

IANAL but I believe the next step would be a possible en banc hearing, if this is overturned at that time I'm sure MSI et al would appeal to the Supremes and what does the MD AG's office think would happen then?

This one is dead, give it a proper burial and move on. They still have the 77R and a waiting period.

It will be interesting to see if they appeal how quickly the case is taken up and decided by the court. Since the opinion right now has effectively killed the HQL, it is in C4's best interest to take it up quickly and overturn it to keep the HQL restrictions in place - just like they did with Judge Legg's opinion on "good & substantial" years ago. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom