• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I couldn't make it, was it really as ugly as the Times made it out to be? I like how they are trying to pin the rowdiness on the Tea Party.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I couldn't make it, was it really as ugly as the Times made it out to be? I like how they are trying to pin the rowdiness on the Tea Party.

Everyone likes to blame the tea party, even libertarians.

It's frustrating when you call yourself libertarian and don't want to get any of that Tea Party on you.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    From reading the CC times you would have thought it was short of mayhem. It was not.
    The one person who walked up to Van Hollen when speaking loud was blocked ( my word) by A female on his staff and some jacka** who had said earlier that he grew up in the Vietnam era and did not serve, but didn't like war.. after the guy got close then the MSP came into the room. It was nothing however some of the support staff then started to go outside and gather up the press that was standing outside because it was so boring they went outside to hang out or smoke???

I know that is hard to believe that the press would ever inflate the facts to sell the story.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    i know they don't care about the 2A, but from what i am hearing here they don't want anything to do with the 1A either... they only like it when people clap for them and not stir things up... very sad Van Hollen your suppose to rep all the people... not just the ones that love you..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    "At one point, a man began yelling and criticizing Van Hollen for his belief that climate change is partially due to humans."

I thought we were there for rights and liberties, not anti-science mysticism.

Plenty of anti-science mysticism from the scientist True Believers, but the truth of climate change is lost in the data noise. Too short an observational period to make a judgement on a planet-wide system.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I was near the door so I had the best location there because the snacks were on the table next to it. Ice water, carrots and chocolate chip cookies. At one point, i glanced out into the hallway and who did I see? Smiegel! Couple minutes later, Bongino! Of course our own Mopar92 had his hand up for so long that I thought he was going to need help lowering it and was never recognized by Van Hollen. I was hoping to see some second amendment heat but the crowd held Van Hollen to the Carroll County flames on other issues. If that guy who went toward Van Hollen was actually going to do anything other than shake his hand, security would have been too late. The trooper was standing next to me at the doorway and it would have been over before he got started. They let the guy back in and there was no real problem. I think Van Hollen left knowing that he had been to Carroll County. Just wait until he opens his new office in Mt. Airy.:party29:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Bill him as Van Hollerin' the next time he dares to speak in 'God's Country'. :rolleyes:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I was near the door so I had the best location there because the snacks were on the table next to it. Ice water, carrots and chocolate chip cookies. At one point, i glanced out into the hallway and who did I see? Smiegel! Couple minutes later, Bongino! Of course our own Mopar92 had his hand up for so long that I thought he was going to need help lowering it and was never recognized by Van Hollen. I was hoping to see some second amendment heat but the crowd held Van Hollen to the Carroll County flames on other issues. If that guy who went toward Van Hollen was actually going to do anything other than shake his hand, security would have been too late. The trooper was standing next to me at the doorway and it would have been over before he got started. They let the guy back in and there was no real problem. I think Van Hollen left knowing that he had been to Carroll County. Just wait until he opens his new office in Mt. Airy.:party29:

Yeah, it was definitely a star-studded event. Good seeing ya there :)

Lou had his hand up for a long time too, figured if he and Mopar were called on in succession, that place woulda been lit up and the building was gonna need a new roof.

Van Hollen definitely had to be wondering what the redistricting folks were thinking when he left last night.

I was a good girl, didn't want to be deported back to HoCo. But it was refreshing to see him get a good old' fashioned butt whoopin' by his constituents. ;). He was my rep in MoCo and he never had a reception like that over there back in the 2000 era... Well except from lil ol me (I could smell the reek of his progressivism) :). Oh and neither of us forgot apparently ;)

Last edited:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Lou had his hand up for a long time too, figured if he and Mopar were called on in succession, that place woulda been lit up and the building was gonna need a new roof.

Van Hollen definitely had to be wondering what the redistricting folks were thinking when he left last night.

I was a good girl, didn't want to be deported back to HoCo. But it was refreshing to see him get a good old' fashioned butt whoopin' by his constituents. ;). He was my rep in MoCo and he never had a reception like that over there. Well except from lil ol me. :).

You can bet van hollow-head had life size pictures of Lou and Mopar in his pre-event security briefing. I bet he would not have called on them even if they were the only two hands up in the place.

Somebody needs to call the Times and point out how vh snubbed all of the minority people with questions.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    You can bet van hollow-head had life size pictures of Lou and Mopar in his pre-event security briefing. I bet he would not have called on them even if they were the only two hands up in the place.

Somebody needs to call the Times and point out how vh snubbed all of the minority people with questions.

Ya, maybe Vinnie and he had lunch yesterday going over the MDS members planning to attend :)

We were counting on him calling on Mopar! How could he skip him?

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    15 July at 6 pm. Maye Lou would be willing to have an father meting sale....

What a nice way to end the day. Start with a picnic, meet the congressman, purchase another firearm. Just sayin'

---
    Shamr0ck

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Damn it, been away and a day late.. I went to a big one of his "town halls" in Germantown years ago, and from the sound of youz guys, this ended the same way. It was at Montgomery College, huge crowd 300+ , actual fist fights. He even brought in some SEIU thugs. Some of the leftists were screaming at him because they didn't get free cell phones and cable TV (not a joke) The normal people were crucifying him over his vote on Obamacare.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I was near the door so I had the best location there because the snacks were on the table next to it. Ice water, carrots, KOOL-AID, and chocolate chip cookies.

FIFY

I was a good girl, didn't want to be deported back to HoCo. But it was refreshing to see him get a good old' fashioned butt whoopin' by his constituents. ;). He was my rep in MoCo and he never had a reception like that over there back in the 2000 era... Well except from lil ol me (I could smell the reek of his progressivism) :). Oh and neither of us forgot apparently ;)

You were sitting right next to me and Van Dickhead having a life sized pic of me and mopar, all three of us were destined from the beginning to be on his "ignore" list.

I think that was jus' mopar.:lol2::lol2::lol2: Point well made and point well taken. Mopar jus' wanted his free cell phone and free cable TV.:D

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Bump
    Don't forget July 15th is the Open House..
    We need everyone to Welcome him into his new district. I hope it an even better welcome than the welcoming he got at the meet and greet at CCC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom