• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Cherokee blood runs deep in my family. So deep that everyone on my father side still lives on the reservation and my grandmother was one of the original members of the 1924 Baker Roll of the eastern band of Cherokee. I for one think the billboard is spot on. I saw it a few days ago shared on my Facebook page and got a like from most of the family from the res. If we don't learn from history then shame on us. So if honorary tribe member Salzar :innocent0 wants to be offended by something maybe she should read about the trail of tears or better yet just shut the f*** up. Just my 2 cents.

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    Cherokee blood runs deep in my family. So deep that everyone on my father side still lives on the reservation and my grandmother was one of the original members of the 1924 Baker Roll of the eastern band of Cherokee. I for one think the billboard is spot on. I saw it a few days ago shared on my Facebook page and got a like from most of the family from the res. If we don't learn from history then shame on us.

Exactly. People like to pretend that America is this wonderful land where nothing bad ever happened, and that blinds them to the very real danger that, one day, they will be the unpopular minority with nothing to defend themselves but the (extremely fragile) rule of law.

What the rabbit-people really mean when they say something like this is "offensive" is that copping to this reality terrifies them. Because, if the government ever starts herding them and theirs onto cattle-cars, they fear in their hearts they wouldn't do anything about it. They feel it vastly preferable to close their eyes and deny the abyss exists, even as they rush headlong towards it.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Talk is cheap!!!!..... So who is going to take the lead on this????? Come on, don't make me volunteer you...... As far as location...Annapolis would be great, I-270 would be even better. I can envision the reaction of MOCO's now...

Graphic Design - $500
    Billboard - Approx $8k
    Irate reaction by Frosh and Dumais - Priceless!!!!! :lol2:

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    I'm in, I think I could probably get 2 or 3 more if this gets momentum.

Too many balls in the air at the moment to spearhead though.....

Ok, so have a call into the company to find out about the one in Annapolis, pricing, duration, location.

I've done some graphic design work in the past (actually made a couple of billboards that were posted) so I could probably create a mockup or two at least.

Heck, its good as created already, perhaps we could get in touch with he original guy and get his full-res graphics.

First things first, waiting on a callback re: pricing.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Also in for $100, PM Please when the collection starts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Threads like this make me love this site even more. If I had the money, I'd contribute in a heartbeat. If you guys manage to pull this off. Make sure its someplace where that bastard omalley has to see it, every friggin' day.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Still no callback from the ad company.

My thought would be a pretty much 100% straight copy of the one shown in this post.

When I saw it I thought "thats perfect" and I think it hits the nail on the head.

I can post up pricing/location (if I get a callback) so it can be moved to the next step.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Still no callback from the ad company.

My thought would be a pretty much 100% straight copy of the one shown in this post.

When I saw it I thought "thats perfect" and I think it hits the nail on the head.

I can post up pricing/location (if I get a callback) so it can be moved to the next step.

You da man! :thumbsup:

jetlagged

Feb 28, 2013
    AA County
    Well done ad.

My funds are a bit tight at the moment but I think I can put some $ towards the cause, especially if we can put this on a billboard or two right around Annapolis. (Much like what the police/firefighter unions did with a billboard right next to Baltimore City Hall when the mayor screwed their pension plans.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom