• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Superstellar

Oct 9, 2011
    Bethesda
    But anything we can do to illuminate the acts of the incumbent myopians in Annapolis is laudable. (read in voice of Stephen A. Smith)

SO well worth it. Count me in.

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Good question. But the wrong one to ask. I am not the moderate you need to reach.

I am an armed citizen. I know well the lessons of history, and I am a Jew so I know well even more lessons of history.

How do we reach those who will at best see that sign, shrug, and say,that was then, this is now? I can tell you the' can't happen here crowd' will never hear you. Then the antis will spin it.

So can we start with an anti crime message perhaps. Can we look at home invasion and rape,and gang violence and say "The police are heros, but the are human. They will do all they can to protect your family what will you do in the 10 minutes it takes them to get there'

Much harder to spin. Harder to ignore because it is in the here and now. And who does not want their family safe.

Might we start with this before we get to genocide?

I am an armed citizen. My eyes are open. Now we must open theirs but without sending them into shock and more importantly denial.

I would like to hear how the antis would spin the sign against us. I see no down side.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I would like to hear how the antis would spin the sign against us. I see no down side.

1. Exploitative / racist
    2. Out of touch
    3. Unnessesarily inflammatory.

Truth has no bearing on the question. The media is in the lap of the left.

But if you really want to see what happens --
    Proceed.

What else can I say.

I

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    How about pictures of Policemen, Sheriffs, Firemen too,

Caption:

Second Responders.

No one will now what that means. The few who do may take offense.

Try

" I will do all I can to protect you and your family. What will you do while I am inroute ." " Help me help you -- smoke alarms, ABC fire extinguishers, and a home defense firearm,along with training can keep you alive til I get there"

Or not..

Time is running out. . we need to step up our game and stop hurting our cause now..

[QUOTE=Brooklyn;2416840
    Try

" I will do all I can to protect you and your family. What will you do while I am inroute ." " Help me help you -- smoke alarms, ABC fire extinguishers, and a home defense firearm,along with training can keep you alive til I get there"

:thumbsup:

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County

Try

Or not..

Time is running out. . we need to step up our game and stop hurting our cause now..

Good message, but it's an awful lot to read at 60 miles an hour.

Sent from your conscience.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Try

Or not..

Good message, but it's an awful lot to read at 60 miles an hour.

Sent from your conscience.

I agree with the message Brooklyn, but it will be a lot to take in at high speed. Perhaps a billboard at an intersection($$)?
    Also, perhaps breaking it up into smaller messages for several billboards and I was wondering if we should approach the sheriff's association and have sheriff ... (I can't recall his name,sorry)from Wicomico appear on the ad and perhaps run radio PSAs. I really like reminding people the police will come but are not always able to get there fast enough and having a defensive firearm and training will help keep them alive till the police arrive to help.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Keep it simple. Something like;

"THERE ARE "X" HOME INVASIONS EACH DAY IN MARYLAND!" or "A VIOLENT CRIME OCCURS EVERY x SECONDS"
    "DON'T LET POLITICIANS DECIDE FOR YOU"

Attachments

• select one.jpg
      select one.jpg
      4.9 KB · Views: 98

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Leave the billboard as is, and someone find an open spot on the I-95 or 270 corridors. I'll donate $1K to the cause. Clear Channel and Lamar owns most of the nice spots and full size billboards. We need to get a base price for at least two weeks. At the very least it'll get the issue into more of the public spotlight, as most people that don't know the "gun issue" don't have an opinion one way or the next. It'll get their attention and a strong reminder of our not so P.C. past. If we're too snobby (see my other post about our Pro-2A TV ad) for a television ad, then maybe a to-the-point billboard like this one will be a good middle ground.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I agree with the message Brooklyn, but it will be a lot to take in at high speed. Perhaps a billboard at an intersection($$)?
    Also, perhaps breaking it up into smaller messages for several billboards and I was wondering if we should approach the sheriff's association and have sheriff ... (I can't recall his name,sorry)from Wicomico appear on the ad and perhaps run radio PSAs. I really like reminding people the police will come but are not always able to get there fast enough and having a defensive firearm and training will help keep them alive till the police arrive to help.

Does not need to be billboard at all.

How about bus shelters. Nothing to do but read while waiting. also sides of buses..

It really is about the message..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom