• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    My transfer fees are $50 for regulated and $30 for non regulated. I am located in Havre de Grace and am more then willing to do transfers. Feel free to give us a call. Thanks. 443-617-4277.

For regulated transfers, does that $50 include the MSP app fee, or is it $60 total?

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Sounds like they will be doing it to themselves.

FFL's Putting themselves out of business? Perhaps, but take this into consideration (and keep in mind that I am not favoring the current "fleecing" that some FFL's are practicing):

1) Given the current atmosphere of The Gun "Safety" (sic) Laws, more and more people are purchasing RF's before they will become illegal in this state.
    2) Many are purchasing out of state for "deals" that they cannot get here because of the "Buying Frenzy".
    3) FFL's are being overwhelmed with paperwork that is not being returned by MSP in a "timely" manner.
    4) Additional paperwork for OOS transfers are adding a huge burden on FFL's.

So, where are the guns? They're being "STORED" in the FFL until they can be picked up.
    Now ask yourself, "Where are they stored?"

Why, of course, in the FFL's gun safes, that's where. I know of one FFL that has over 500 RF's sitting in their safes - waiting for the MSP to release the paperwork. O.K., they sold the guns, true, but it costs to store those firearms. It costs to provide the space AND the security to guarantee they are delivered to you when the time comes for you to sign the ND paperwork.

My FFL has Purchased 5, yes 5 new over sized gun safes and re-arranged their storage space to accommodate the safe and proper storage of my captive firearms. (Fortunately, they have the room to do so). They are getting brutalized by people who do not understand the full magnitude of the situation. The FFL's are not the "bad guys", OweMalley and OhNoBo are propagating this situation with their knee jerk legislation - blame them for rising costs. I mean, Hell, if they can't "TAX" it out of us, they might as well create a rush on the market that drives up the taxes they "Can" collect. Assholes all.

All of the money spent on this frenzy will eventually slow down, prices will "ease off" (although they will never go down to or below "Pre-Newtown" prices), and the surge will ebb. Ammunition will become more readily available and only those types of ammo that are for "banned" weapons will become scarce (in MD).

THIS is what MARYLANDERS GOT when they VOTED TO PUT that IDIOT OWEMALLEY IN OFFICE. Want to fight it? Become a registered "Democrat In Name Only" and vote the bastards out of office. Being a Republican and voting "for" your candidate is not disabling the Over Liberal Dumbass (OLD) Democratic Machine here in MD. ;)

Just my
    2ifu1Oi.jpg

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Freestate gun range and continental arms have their ducks in a row. The smaller shops that I have dealt with seem to have a less technological way of keeping their paperwork in order. Not going to call anyone out specifically.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I can understand the FFLs raising their fees to a certain degree. It's a lot of extra work and probably expense these days. What I really object to is them not letting you bring your own lock. Just to make a couple of extra bucks. I have a damn drawer full of these things.

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    I can understand the FFLs raising their fees to a certain degree. It's a lot of extra work and probably expense these days. What I really object to is them not letting you bring your own lock. Just to make a couple of extra bucks. I have a damn drawer full of these things.

First, let me explain that the "barrel Lock" is the only accepted lock for the transfer of purchased regulated firearms. This is required by State Law and can only be negated by you signing a release to a participating FFL that you were offered one and have accepted the legal responsibility of providing your own. You will have to check with your FFL to find out whether or not they participate in this process. If not, pay the 10 bucks and get the friggin' lock.

Anyway, this document remains on file at the FFL and can be retrieved at any time and given to the MSP. Then, after signing the release, the responsibility falls on YOU. If there are no other people (children or mentally challenged or otherwise) in you residence dwelling with you, then no harm, no foul. But MOST Left Wing States (Like our blessed People's Republic of Maryland) have conditions of sale which require you to abide with their (the State's) law regarding the safety of firearms and their storage.

Most manufacturers provide locks with their guns, but they are usually cable locks, which a child of nine can disable with a pair of bolt cutters. But then, that's why there are gun safes available for sale.

I think the Lock is much cheaper than a gun safe. And if you are going out and buying a gun for $700 - $1,500 or more, what's the big deal about spending $10 bucks to accommodate the Law? Hell, if that's so objectionable, then find a pair of locks that fit and use 'em as ear plugs, LOL.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    First, let me explain that the "barrel Lock" is the only accepted lock for the transfer of purchased regulated firearms. This is required by State Law and can only be negated by you signing a release to a participating FFL that you were offered one and have accepted the legal responsibility of providing your own. You will have to check with your FFL to find out whether or not they participate in this process. If not, pay the 10 bucks and get the friggin' lock.

Anyway, this document remains on file at the FFL and can be retrieved at any time and given to the MSP. Then, after signing the release, the responsibility falls on YOU. If there are no other people (children or mentally challenged or otherwise) in you residence dwelling with you, then no harm, no foul. But MOST Left Wing States (Like our blessed People's Republic of Maryland) have conditions of sale which require you to abide with their (the State's) law regarding the safety of firearms and their storage.

Most manufacturers provide locks with their guns, but they are usually cable locks, which a child of nine can disable with a pair of bolt cutters. But then, that's why there are gun safes available for sale.

I think the Lock is much cheaper than a gun safe. And if you are going out and buying a gun for $700 - $1,500 or more, what's the big deal about spending $10 bucks to accommodate the Law? Hell, if that's so objectionable, then find a pair of locks that fit and use 'em as ear plugs, LOL.

I'll tell you what's objectionable. First off I know what kind of lock is mandated by law and I already have several that fit most situations. Not to mention a drawer full of cable locks. I have a safe and live alone in a secure building so I'm not worried about those other issues. All of the bore locks I've been sold cost $20, so yeah it pisses me off when I can't bring my own appropriate bore lock just so some dealer can squeeze a few extra bucks out of me. Besides their excellent prices, this is another reason I shop at The Gun Shop, their lock policy. FreeState will also let you bring your own lock. In fact, I didn't know about the release thing until I picked up a new gun a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a lock for it and had me sign one of these. And gave me back the $20 I had paid. So guess where else I spend my money. I need another useless-to me-lock, like I need a hole in the head. Plus it's damn near a box of ammo I would have spent it on instead.
    Your argument sounds a lot like our lib politicians way of thinking" so what's another couple of cents or dollars here or there as they tax us to death.

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    Rehashing this, what if I wanted to order two stripped lowers at the same time. Do I pay one transfer fee to the FFL since I can put them on the same forms, or is it two transfer fees for two lowers?

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I've had numerous things sent to Baltimore's Best Pawn in Finksburg. When I went to do the paperwork on my M1A, they informed me the transfer fee was now $100+$10. There was some commentary on the fees and none related to their costs.

Our current fees:
    Regulated $60 + $10 (background check)
    Non Regulated: $30

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Bollinger Gunsmithing and Sales. They're an Industry Partner here. Can't speak highly enough about them. $40 for regulated transfers ($30 if you're law enforcement/fire department/military) which are also EIGHTH DAY RELEASES, and $15 (YES, FIFTEEN) for unregulated transfers. I drive an hour to do business with them because the service is worth it. Rob isn't afraid to give you his opinion and tell it to you straight, and Brandi seems perpetually cheerful and nice to deal with.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    $50 with msp fee for regulated, $25 for each additional on the same app. $30 non regulated. bring your own lock. spent casings are $50, BC i do not do them in house.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sounds reasonable to me. Especially the part about reduced fees for additional guns on the same app. That's the way it used to be.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I've been to bollingers one time so far and I'll be back to see them again, again and again.

Nice folks, reasonable with no BS attitude. Will transfer it if legal in MD and last I checked 8 day releases....

It's an hour drive for me too -

---
    Shamr0ck

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Another thing to consider is that many FFLs only take a deposit until you pick up your gun so they have $1000s tied up on hold which seriously hurts their cash flow to buy new inventory. No reason for $100 transfer fees though. I'm sure that when things die down people will remember who is raping them and shop elsewhere.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Freestate gun range and continental arms have their ducks in a row. The smaller shops that I have dealt with seem to have a less technological way of keeping their paperwork in order. Not going to call anyone out specifically.

IF you don't mind paying sales tax on a transfer at Cont Arms. They've been charging it for years.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Wow,guess I've been spoiled,picked up 4 lowers paid $50 including msp fee,I can't imagine paying 50$ and up per firearm or stripped lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom